Hello!

Draggle

So, as you might have guessed, I'm a fan of the original My Little Pony. Draggle truly was more like me than any other fictional character in '86 and admittedly, the original series will always be my favorite. That said, Friendship is Magic is the best thing to happen to the pony franchise since its beginnings, and I love how popular it has gotten. I found this forum by accident by finding the IRC chat by accident, and I hope to stick around.

In real life business, besides being Draggle twenty-five years after riding the smooze on a boob ship and dirtying up Flutter Valley, I'm a married mother of five and a teaching assistant. I don't act my age, by the way. There is nothing intimidating about me, no matter my old fart status and no matter how much I type (which can be a lot).

wi66b5.jpg

So, as you might have guessed, I'm a fan of the original My Little Pony. Draggle truly was more like me than any other fictional character in '86 and admittedly, the original series will always be my favorite. That said, Friendship is Magic is the best thing to happen to the pony franchise since its beginnings, and I love how popular it has gotten. I found this forum by accident by finding the IRC chat by accident, and I hope to stick around.

In real life business, besides being Draggle twenty-five years after riding the smooze on a boob ship and dirtying up Flutter Valley, I'm a married mother of five and a teaching assistant. I don't act my age, by the way. There is nothing intimidating about me, no matter my old fart status and no matter how much I type (which can be a lot).

wi66b5.jpg

Welcome!

Welcome to the forums Draggle :3

As for getting started here, once your up to 5+ posts, the rest of the board will open up for you to post in. Until then, you can search out other new users and welcome them, or tell us more about yourself, your hobbies, or your particular involvements in the fandom; or just how badly waiting for tomorrow's episode is driving you batty- after that you can post in any of our other numerous sections of the board with the exception of RP.

We're currently overwhelmed with the big influx of new users, and have very temporarily suspended new apps for characters to RP- but this just means that now is the perfect time to plan out your character, and familiarize yourself with the application process so that when we accept them again, you'll be ready to go!

There are some useful links in my signature below you can use to reach our rules page (a nice read over key lime pie by our lovely Ashi), and to the Equestrian Characters board, where you can find nifty and thrifty (free!) resources to help you on your way to making your own character to RP.

If you have any questions, be sure to let me know!

Welcome to the herd :3

Thank you, Gemini! I'm a Capricorn though I don't fit the descriptions for Capricorns much. I probably will start roleplaying eventually. My idea of Draggle in Equestria is of a broken-horned unicorn, since she was born a witch but has almost no talent for magic.

Welcome!

Weren't we talking earlier today about quoting whole paragraphs to reply with one word comments?

THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME WELCOME! :(:D:D:D:D:D

No, really, thank you. It's great to see you again.

Lots of things

Okie dokie! Thank you so much!

Welcome to the foray!

Thanks! I'll take your Wisconsin beer. Cheese makes me crazy high (and I'm not kidding), so I don't know if I'll take that or not. . .

I dunno, our beer has some somewhat funky results, too! Except for New Glarus, it's good stuff!

Welcome to the forum! It was nice to meet you in the chat. :( I hope you have a blast here, and I don't "act my age" often when it comes to stuff like this either. :D

Welcome to the foray!

Thanks! I'll take your Wisconsin beer. Cheese makes me crazy high (and I'm not kidding), so I don't know if I'll take that or not. . .

I dunno, our beer has some somewhat funky results, too! Except for New Glarus, it's good stuff!

I'm much more annoying when high than when drunk.

Welcome to the forum! It was nice to meet you in the chat. :( I hope you have a blast here, and I don't "act my age" often when it comes to stuff like this either. :D

Yay! Thank you!

Thank you, Gemini! I'm a Capricorn though I don't fit the descriptions for Capricorns much.

Really? Capricorns are cool in my book! Heh, If you ask my family they'll say that I fit a Gemini to a 't' which I don't mind because geminis are awesome! (as well are all the other signs.)

Honestly, I only have two really good characters in my mind. So, I'm excited for the 'No new applications' thing to be removed so I can get them outta' my brain.

You are what you want to be! Meaning you can be successful and ambitious if you put your mind to it.

Fair enough. I've come to realize I'm ambitious in my own way and I think I'm successful at some things I love. (I think I'm a successful wife and mother. Knock on wood. My husband and kids love me. I'm the only woman in my family to "keep a man".) Unfortunately, I kind of just want to save everyone. I am a graduate student - amazingly, as I didn't think I was smart enough for college - majoring in social services with emphasis on abused and/or mentally disabled young people, aaaaand there are so many people to help and not enough time in the world. So by my own harsh standards with myself, I'll never be successful.

Really? Well, what is your idea of someone who is successful because it sounds like your pretty damn successful!

Someone who stops all the pain in the world... ? Heh. Thanks.

Cheese high? I can dig it. Must be the lactose, which is a type of sugar...AND SUGAR = WOOOOOO

Welcome to the forums, Draggle! Good to have you with us.

My body can't tolerate sugar for the most part, and cheese is somewhat the exception - but it makes me high. Body and brain react to it like it's a drug. Also, wheat bread makes me stupider.

HI!

Welcome! Being thirty-three (soon thirty-four) myself, I don't act my age either. :mrgreen:

Thank you! You can join the Old Farts Club someone declared in the chatroom, but it looks like I'm the president until further notice. :mrgreen:

Hi, Draggle! Welcome to the forums!

Btw, it's me, AmitieFan985 over at the other MLP forums. :D

Hello again! Gracias!