Usernames and OC's

SirShadowdeath

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, well, kind of. There is a backstory behind the unicorn stallion in my avatar pic, so that'd make him an OC. He didn't appear in any story yet, though, and I'm not quite sure whether I really want to write his story down, let alone publish it. Nor is he not a roleplay character because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't pass anyway (despite not being a Gary Stu), and because I simply don't have enough time for regular RPing.

Well, not a pony, but yes, "Ashton" is an OC of mine from another genre that I was using so much on so many sites that I just adopted it as my full internet name (Yes, there are 3 parts to it, no I'm not telling what they all are because I just know you'll all run to Google! ;-) ) On the other paw, I do have one string of names, mostly related to google or random stuff I dont care if ties into my 'net "life" that is NOT and OC and it just two Japanese words (I'm also a light otaku). Though over all most of my stuff is 'Ashton' or some variant of it (and yes, if anyone's curious, I will answer to that name IRL, actually prefer it to my real name...)

Haha! Mostly commenting to say I do a double-take every time I see your sig. :P

I got "Dunes" from my first World of Warcraft character, Dunesfara. Who I named right after re-reading Dune by Frank Herbert. Coincidence? Maaaybe. Or, y'know, not at all. "Dune" just sounds cool.

But everyone called me "Dunes" for short. Even a couple of my guildies who ended up becoming RL friends once they moved to the area still called me Dunes.

I did doodle up a little ponysona thing (the green critter with ginger hair in my avatar). Since she's a stand-in for me, I draw her with a cartoon version of my dog, and her cutie mark's a pawprint. One of my brony friends (who is incidentally one of said former guildies who called me Dunes for forever) suggested I name her Frou Frou, to go with the poodle. (And also give a shout out to Imogen Heap, whom I absolutely adore and used to be in a band called Frou Frou.)

So, no, my username isn't named after my pony at all. I just wrote "Dunes" next to her picture 'cause it's my username.

Nope, just a name I've been using for years on Yugioh forums that just stuck. I keep in contact with a good number of people I've met from various forums over the last three years or so now, so I've just kept the same username so everyone calls me the same thing on Skype, lol. The username itself was just something random to begin with (I think it was inspired from Elemental Hero Absolute Zero, iirc xD).

Mine is actually my username, and my OC as well.

When I first joined, I never considered having more then one character.

But now, I really wish I could change it... Bleh...

You can change your username.

You have to make a donation to the site to unlock the option though.

I'm quite ashamed to think of how I got my nickname, actually, hah. :/

I came up with 'Tenkan' as an alias 'cause I used to vandalise all over my school's walls. :sleep:

But it was Middle School, and I've changed, I promise! :-(

I did it for a good reason! I swear! :P

Obviously not ,as my OC for PONY related RP is Nimbus. I kind of want ot make a donation for the name, but I find this one to be very creative. It's a play on the title "Rainbow in the dark" by Dio, which is a really good song. The name is a little long, so I might change it to Nimbus, or just Dashie, assuming the name is still available by the time I donate.

Nope, just a name I've been using for years on Yugioh forums that just stuck. I keep in contact with a good number of people I've met from various forums over the last three years or so now, so I've just kept the same username so everyone calls me the same thing on Skype, lol. The username itself was just something random to begin with (I think it was inspired from Elemental Hero Absolute Zero, iirc xD).

I'm usually HaouJudai on other forums - He was the Supreme King in Yugioh GX - I liked how his character was angry at death. Oh I'm trying to track down an artist to commission a custom image of the Mane 6 as the OMNI HEROs (Zero, Gaia, Tornado, Shining, Nova and Darkness) I think I'll start with Rarity as Zero - or Shining as Fluttershy (I think this needs a topic)

My first episode was Hearth's Warming Eve - I immediately fell in love w/ Pinkie Pie - I also have curly hair irl so puddinghead fits - Chancellor because I'm so old by comparison to most forum dwellers (though not so much in brony circles I'm seeing)

I've never done RP and my Username is from back in the Days when I used to be on Anime forums and such, Its really just decribing of what you can expect of me in japanese ;-)

oh, I was right :^D I didn't want to say anything because I thought it might be the name of a character from something that I hadn't heard of XD it was that O at the begining that threw me off :P

Well the formal version of Baka is Obakasan (or at least one of them) if you write it in Katakana its the closest translation ;-)

オOバbaカkaさんsan

ah, see? that's what happens when most all of your manga comes from the same translator. you don't learn these things XD

yes, but knowing that word sounds like basic anime community knowledge there XD I'm surprised never came across it. I've only come across "baka" and "san" :P

I think I took it from a song a long time ago. I was trying to think of a username for a different site, and the song I was listening to was like, "she's a stunner." So I thought, "hey. that works."

Now it's just my go-to username when I can't think of anything else.

I've been Shyriath for a long time now... maybe fifteen years or so. It was the name of an OC of mine, a dragon on a fantasy RPing board. (I don't think I consciously had Pernese dragon names in mind when I picked it, but I had read a few of the Pern books by that time, so probably that influenced the decision.) With very, very rare exceptions, I've used that name ever since, and in the unlikely event that someone called me by that name offline I would certainly respond to it (assuming they pronounced it the way I do: SHEE-ree-ath, not SHY-ree-ath).

I developed a ponysona to go with the name, so that I have a pony-related self-image in Canterlot IRC and so on, but he's not really an OC: he's just me-as-a-pony, more or less. He wouldn't make a good character; he's pretty boring. :blush:

My username isn't based on any of my OCs. It's something I use on most of my online stuff. Though I plan to do a "ponysona" of my username maybe when I have time. ^_^