Cancelled Big Macintosh Episode

1.jpg

Though we are getting an episode soon that focuses a little more on Big Mac than usual, there was apparently an episode devoted entirely to him when Lauren was still on the team. Unfortunately, it was turned down.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you prefer this episode to the upcoming Hearts and Hooves episode where he shares the spotlight with at least 4 other characters? Or is the opportunity to shoot down FlutterMac too good for you?

Discuss.

I can actually see why this episode would get turned down. It runs the risk of being very different from the rest of the flow of the show. The fanon would scream for a Big Mac episode, just because it's Big Mac. But for the purposes of staying true to the show and it's platform and it's rhythm, this cancelled episode would have been a little off tune to the other episodes. The real Big Mac eppy coming up sounds really more like a CMC episode, so we'll have to see how that looks. Let's face it, Big Mac is awesome and we all love him, but he's not really a major turning point of any kind in the character set. I also don't think its a coincidence that he lacks the lines to make him more developed. He's really intended to be a "see there's not only girl ponies" character.

I can actually see why this episode would get turned down. It runs the risk of being very different from the rest of the flow of the show. The fanon would scream for a Big Mac episode, just because it's Big Mac. But for the purposes of staying true to the show and it's platform and it's rhythm, this cancelled episode would have been a little off tune to the other episodes. The real Big Mac eppy coming up sounds really more like a CMC episode, so we'll have to see how that looks. Let's face it, Big Mac is awesome and we all love him, but he's not really a major turning point of any kind in the character set. I also don't think its a coincidence that he lacks the lines to make him more developed. He's really intended to be a "see there's not only girl ponies" character.

Although I agree with your reasoning, I'd still like to have seen this episode go into production. Why? Because I think Big Mac has more to offer than mere 'muscle'. He proved he has a practical mind in "Applebuck Season" so why not give him a chance to develop more as a character? This season, we got to see a new side to Granny Smith, why not do the same for the big guy?

This is going to be quite a large pony universe if they keep developing all these characters, not that I really have a problem with that. At what point though does the fandom get to the point where we forget who the show is aimed towards and their attention spans or ability to keep up with these characters? I'm not saying many of them wouldn't appreciate a Big Macintosh development, but I think with the way his character has developed so far they'd rather see him as the strong, quiet, and sensible pony he is. Too much insight into his character could change him in a way the fandom doesn't necessarily want. I'm happy with Big Mac the way he is, though I am looking forward to the Valentine's episode as well. I'd like him to stay the same pony.

• Like 1

Can't really say that one plot is better than the other. They both have Big Mac, so what's not to love?

Some might have a bit more involvement concerning other characters, but they couldn't avoid the

subject of love, if not puppy crushes or child-themed romance forever.

Of course, being one of the Cutie Mark Crusader's plans, It'll probably go down in some disaster. Like always.

This is going to be quite a large pony universe if they keep developing all these characters, not that I really have a problem with that. At what point though does the fandom get to the point where we forget who the show is aimed towards and their attention spans or ability to keep up with these characters? I'm not saying many of them wouldn't appreciate a Big Macintosh development, but I think with the way his character has developed so far they'd rather see him as the strong, quiet, and sensible pony he is. Too much insight into his character could change him in a way the fandom doesn't necessarily want. I'm happy with Big Mac the way he is, though I am looking forward to the Valentine's episode as well. I'd like him to stay the same pony.

Unfortunately, this fact is very true in fandoms. Sometimes, the second worst thing in the world is not getting what we want. The worst is getting it.

Maybe not getting that exact episode, but i would like to see an episode like Sisterhooves Social where Big Mac is featured with Applejack and maybe Applebloom in regards to the brother/sister relationship between them.

Maybe have Applebloom being teased by someone and have Big Mac stand up to them.

Or have Applejack depressed and he is there to help.