Truth, Justice, and the Equestrian Way

Firebolt

It's a fairly simple concept.

I've noticed a fair number of ponies in the Accepted Apps section that could easily be, with the right costume and Heroic Moniker, a superhero. It does not appear that Equestria really has any. After all, the Mysterious Maredowell was only around for a couple of days, and was actually five ponies at once.And the Wonderbolts (and by extension the Shadowbolts) really are more sports figures than anything else, despite their appearance when Spike went on his rampage.

So, I ask you, fair denizens of Canterlot dot com, have you any ponies with noble hearts, adventurous spirits, and courage and power to spare? Because, you see, I'm starting the first superhero team in Equestria.

As for the members, we should probably keep it down at first, say, four to five ponies? I'd argue that the best way to go about this would be some sort of Avengers-esque Hand of Fate team-up, where the ponies, not even wishing to consider themselves heroes yet, band together to stop a greater threat, such as, oh, an invading dragon clan (obviously the disaster is up for debate). This could happen more than once, if we so chose, until they decide to make a habit of it. After some adventures together, they may decide to expand the "team" and go looking for help. For the sake of ease though, I would not recommend gathering any more than twelve heroes total, as things begin to get dicey with all the names and keeping up communication, etc.

I'm already nominating Firebolt as my character who will be in on the ground floor.

Current "Members" in the Runnings: (2 slots left)

Firebolt-Firebolt

Neon "Lights" Stargazer-Neoniie

White Feather-Diomedes

Current Possible Villains ( 3 slots left)

Arcana-Phil the Time Wizard

Athkore-Firebolt

Current Possible Disaster

-Dragon Warlord invasion

-Dam breaking

-Major Heist gone wrong

Hm...well, my OC Neon Stargazer has fashioned himself a superhero identity. He's a bit of a bumbling fool (though he is getting better at that) and not unicorn by any stretch but there's no way he'd pass up an oppourtunity like this.

If you feel he may be better as a sidekick or the like, I could probably work that out too.

I love superhero stuff.

I'm not sure any of my characters would really fit the bill at the moment though.

Might come up with a character to participate in this though. We'll see. Sounds like a quite fun idea.

Neoniie, consider Neon a part of the team. If some of the people I'm hoping joing this get their OC's in here, he'll have no lack of teachers when it comes to derring-do. Firebolt himself is pretty darn good at that sort of thing.

Feel free, Phil.

Actually, if my dragon OC goes through, we may have a good candidate for the first villain. Of course, he's just one teenage dragon, so if anyone else has villainous rogues, feel free to bring them along.

Neoniie, consider Neon a part of the team. If some of the people I'm hoping joing this get their OC's in here, he'll have no lack of teachers when it comes to derring-do. Firebolt himself is pretty darn good at that sort of thing.

Great! He'll definately be needing some of that assistance though. I shall look forward to the RPs that come from this idea. :)

Feel free, Phil.

Actually, if my dragon OC goes through, we may have a good candidate for the first villain. Of course, he's just one teenage dragon, so if anyone else has villainous rogues, feel free to bring them along.

Will definitely consider it. :)

I actually might have more to provide in terms of villains. At the very least, my Arcana could definitely work as a villain.

Phil, Arcana sounds perfect for the job, and like someone that Athkore, with his bendable morals, http://www.canterlot...on-athkore-wip/ could easily work well with as "the bad guys". Consider her drafted.

Edit: Lord Brony, that is definitely a good "first encounter". The more I think of it, a random disaster seems like the best option for The Hand of Fate to pull heroes together. The villains can come later.

Great. Athkore sounds cool. I can definitely see Arcana befriending a dragon too, what with her love of rare creatures. :)

I'll still probably come up with a character to participate on the hero side too.

To be safe I would really put this in FFA. I'm not entirely sure how far you plan on taking the scenarios and characters, but in the long run FFA will give you more creative flexibility and prevent you from running afoul of any regulations for Mane RP. Just my two bits.

That said, I think perhaps this would be a good place to put White Feather, considering he's got a very niche role in Mane RP. He's an earth pony, but he uses parkour, climbing gear, and his cat burglar skills to pull off heists for whoever is contracting him at the moment. He's never purposely malicious and avoids hurting anypony if at all possible-- the thief with a heart of gold archetype. I could see him getting roped into the hero business with a heist gone wrong or something.

And suddenly, one of the people I wanted to contact about possibly joining beat me to the buck and posted. I'd read some of your Apps after reading Nightmare at Hooligans', and liked what I saw. If you're game, consider White Feather in.

And thank your for the bits, but, in essence, I don't think we'd be taking it way too far. I mean, after all, we're only using ponies that have been approved by the Staff, so none of their abilities or pasts will be too over-the-top, and as far as situations, I'm pretty sure we can handle it if we ask questions before we rush into things. And if you're part of this from the get go, your voice is already keeping things legitimate and in line with THA RULEZ.

I still am not sure which direction you want to take this. If it is a bunch of ponies who want to be superheroes (a la the movie Kickass) and maybe take on an unscrupulous pony along the way, then Mane RP would be okay. But if you actually want to deal with real villains and real superpowers or technology, then it would, as stated earlier, fit best in FFA. I know Phil is in the process of designing a new character for this, but in order to lighten the load on all of us, I still think this would fit better as a set of RP adventures run in the FFA section.

I'm glad you asked. It is a little like Kick-Ass, although I know my guy specifically is not intending to put on a costume and show off (currently, at least). No character would have any superpowers beyond their special talents. After all, for other examples, Green Arrow, Batman, and the Black Panther all are normal humans who are just good at being costumed heroes. That's the kind of team I'm talking about. I was actually thinking of Green Arrow and the original Marvel Black Cat (Felicia Harding's father from the 90's Spiderman cartoon) when I read White Feather's profile. As for the villains, as they can only be characters approved for the Mane RP, their powers/skills will mostly be on the same level. I know Firebolt is an exception, somewhat, as he can cause explosions emanating from his person, but, that was approved. So, no worries, I think we can all fit in the Mane RP as you described it.