Mane and Tail

Lux

Ok, so I'm planning to do some cosplaying at Bronycon coming up. I'm looking for somewhere where I can buy a mane/tail.

Does anypony know of a place I can buy one?

Ok, so I'm planning to do some cosplaying at Bronycon coming up. I'm looking for somewhere where I can buy a mane/tail.

Depends on who your cosplaying. I had to make my own Rainbow Dash Tail...

Not off the peg in a shop, however, you're best looking towards the furry community.

Tails are generally between £10 and £40 depending on requirements/detail.

A mane... I'm assuming something mounded on a hair-band or similar? I'd recommend asking for the inclusion of ears... will make it about 20% cooler.

Both items won't be very expensive at all.

If I were to quote (without knowing details) I'd perhaps say £50 for the custom job.

It depends on what sort of quality you're looking for, as well as look. Tails can be tricky since you're structurally attaching it to something that doesn't really stick out that much (your backside). Some fursuiters actually attach their tails to a belt and wear that beneath their fursuit so it will get some proper structural support.

Thankfully, tails aren't difficult to make -- the most expensive material you'll buy will probably be long-fiber material. This guide should give you an idea of what's required, though the creativity and hoofwork is up to you. As for the mane and ears, you're probably looking for a partial headpiece of some kind.

@ rosewind:

Personally I dont think making a pony-tail in a genneral furry style would work. Most of teh ones I see are made from long strands of hair notted at the end and attacked to a belt/hook/etc. I know that's how I'm making my Dash Tail (24" lengths of synthetic hair tied together at the end at tied to a hook)

@ rosewind:

Personally I dont think making a pony-tail in a genneral furry style would work. Most of teh ones I see are made from long strands of hair notted at the end and attacked to a belt/hook/etc. I know that's how I'm making my Dash Tail (24" lengths of synthetic hair tied together at the end at tied to a hook)

When I said "long fiber material," I was referring to that fact. Long colored dolly hair is the way to go for pony tails. I also said that "this should give you an idea of what's required," and meant it only as a point of reference to the general material and labor needed to make a tail -- I never said anything about style.

Pawstar might have something, I got a hat and some goggles from them a couple years back at a con, and they're really friendly people. plus they do take a lot of custom jobs, so you could probably send them an email and talk it over with them. Ask for someone named Shadowfox or Darkfox, (i forget which) He's a really nice guy from what i recall, so he might be willing to help wiht a custom job if you want to give it a shot.

Although from glancing at their site again, they dont seem to have anything that would resemble a mane and horse tail... but again, if you can't find anything else, give it a shot.