Emerald City Comicon

ZeroHero

Anyone here thinking of going?

It'll be my first time if I do go. Kinda nervous though since I don't exactly know what I'm doing, lol. The one thing nagging at me is how the whole cosplay thing works. What do people do to prepare costumes? What do they do at the convention as the character? Stuff like that. I'm planning on starting an RD-esque costume this weekend (or at least plan out and get the materials anyway). What I'm thinking of doing is just getting a blue hoodie and customize it to look like a Wonderbolt jersey (stuff like the lightning bolt designs at the end of their hooves and I'll porbably put RD's cutie mark on the back or something), then try and style a wig to look like her mane. Possibly ears and a tail if I get my hands on them, but they're not exactly at the top of list. Anyone got any advice? I've had some experience sewing in high school (although that was about six years ago xP). But otherwise, I'm completely stabbing in the dark here.

The key is to decide how deep you wanna go. You can attract a lot of attention for both good and bad cosplay. I plan on attending Everfree NW(three day MLP con in Seattle ftw), and I won't be cosplaying because I have a strict rule that I only cosplay who I can achievably look like.

For RD, I think your idea works just dandy. I'd avoid ears and tails, but that is just personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...

While I am not going to that con, I have recently got back from Megacon in Orlando, Fl. Which is an american comic/scifi convention that turned into a general media convention (basically, anything and everything). While I was there, there was a MLP:FiM meetup and while I didn't hang around to get too many pictures I did ask for one group shot with all the bronies that showed up!

6912186673_d0ac886fc4_b.jpg

Oh, someone also did RD and FS in their Gala outfits, but my camera took a dump on me at that time and the picture didn't come out cleanly. T_T

Now for the whole what to do while cosplaying that the OP was asking about, just be yourself! People may show up and call out to you in-character and you can choose whether or not to reply in character as well, but that's about the gist of it, usually after the little greeting you go back to just being yourself. Also, be prepared to be stopped doing more or less anything by someone looking for a picture.