Steve the Drake [Dragon][FINAL]

Firebolt

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Steve the Drake

Sex: Male

Species: Dragon

Eye Color: Emerald Green

Hide Color: Crimson red, golden underbelly/wing webbing

Physique: Slender, serpentine, lithe. Mostly neck, tail, and wing. 5ft at the hip, 16ft wingspan, 18ft total length.

post-1791-0-67265500-1328911127_thumb.jp

Special Skills: aerial acrobatics, aerial speed, running on his two legs, carrying things for long distances in flight

Origin/Residence: Garden Gait, Solstice Heights, Whitetail Woods, main home is a massive oak in on a thickly-grassed hill overlooking a pond in one of the smaller garden-esque areas on the outer edges of Canterlot. You can often find him there, hanging from a thick branch on a lazy afternoon.

Occupation: Professional Air Taxi. He has a basket he carries one pony at a time in to various destinations around Equestria.

Motivation: He wants to explore the world and the life it has to offer. His taxi business is fairly useful at helping him do just that.

Likes: hanging from things for naps, aerial acrobatics, sudden adventures, pranks, traveling

Dislikes: suffering, going hungry, creatures with no sense of humor or adventure

Character Summary:

History: His egg was found one bright Spring morning buried under a nest of moss that until recently had been the property of a brooding dragoness. The perytons who found it did all they could to find the mother, even enlisting aide from Canterlot to spread the word, but no response came, and they were forced to raise it and the hatchling that resulted. After much heated debate, they came up with a list of names several scrolls long, and sat down in front of the little dragon. They read them off one by one until they noticed a positive reaction. From that day forward, the rambunctious dragon took the moniker Steve the Drake and ran with it, making it his own, despite the reservations of his guardians. Raising him was a difficult task, for he was unable to hunt and the perytons could not teach him the way that dragons lived. Often, dozens of them would fetch mounds of nuts or berries just to keep him from becoming faint with hunger. Once he became old enough to fend for himself, the perytons offered him a free choice of what to do with his life. He would always be welcome in the Wood among them, but they would not hold him back from seeking out his own kind or his own path. After some time spent thinking the matter over, he left on a whim to seek his destiny, and found that he enjoyed seeing new places. He quickly did some thinking on how he could support himself and still manage that, and quickly realized that he could use his wings to get ponies where they needed to go. Originally, he had them ride on his back, until someone recommended that he carry a large basket. After basing his business unsuccessfuly in various places, he settled in Canterlot. While he did receive more bits that way, it soon became clear that he chose the place because he preffered to sleep in the largest oak in the city, hanging upside-down by his tail in his usual way. With the bits coming in, he debated for the first time in his life about whether or not to try and find his egg-parents or at the very least, other dragons, as the trip to their lands was easily fundable with the money he had earned. However, the behavior of his kindred bothered him, they seemed a serious and often brutal bunch, full of barely contained rancor. Ponies and perytons were better company than that.

Parents: Due to his orphan status, he has no knowledge of what dragon sired or laid his egg. He was raised mainly by the Peryton community in Whitetail Wood, and has many, many individuals he could call mother or father with equal veracity. He visits them fairly often with gifts from far-away lands and tales from the same.

Personality: It is very easy to sum up Steve in a few words: one giant hatchling. While he is responsible for the most part, he enjoys goofing off and meeting new people, whom he subsequently plays jokes on and drags off on wild adventures that may end with some minor abrasions and bandages. Because he loves his job, he has managed to see most of the populated places in Equestria, and make a fair bit of bits at it too. Once ponies get used to him, he fits right in and becomes an invaluable friend and helper, should the need ever arise. He considers his size and strength a responsibility as well as an advantage. It is notable that the always-looming spectre of greed that haunts most dragons appears to be almost completely absent in him, most likely due to his energetic good nature. Occasionally, though, he will spy a trinket he especially likes, and stop at nothing short of immorality to get it. Thus, there is a small pile of gems and jewelry in a knothole in his oak tree.

Flaws: Steve is spontaneous and outgoing, which, when one is as fierce looking as he, is not always the best thing in the world to be. He often scares folks that aren't used to him, and the fact that he occasionally takes practical jokes or adventures too far does not help matters. His fondness for naps can get him into trouble as well, and often it involves him being late to something because he decided that five more minutes asleep was a good idea.

Fun character... pranking, slightly clumsy dragon, interesting story. However, I think it's worth answering what his egg was doing in the Peryton forest there, even if HE doesn't know.

I would ask - why *Steve*. It doesn't really match any sort of Equestria naming scheme - Equestria name lists generally lack normal, human names...

Fun character... pranking, slightly clumsy dragon, interesting story. However, I think it's worth answering what his egg was doing in the Peryton forest there, even if HE doesn't know.

I would ask - why *Steve*. It doesn't really match any sort of Equestria naming scheme - Equestria name lists generally lack normal, human names...

Oh, the name is supposed to be off-kilter. It's why I had him choose it himself as opposed to the Perytons giving him something more sensible like Redhorn or Goldwing or Blaze. As for the egg, I intend that it remain a mystery so that he is a foil for the other dragon I apped, Athkore. Both have no clue who their parents were, and grew up very different ways.

Tales, I'm done with this, I'm just waiting on a picture I'm drawing myself.

Origin/Residence: Garden Gait, Solstice Heights, Whitetail Woods, main home is a massive oak in the Royal Canterlot Gardens. You can often find him there, hanging from a thick branch on a lazy afternoon.

Hmmm... I'm not super fond of this idea. Fluttershy seemed to be all over the Royal Canterlot Gardens at the Grand Galloping Gala, and I don't recall seeing any “massive oak”, especially not... well, a Dragon.

Once he became old enough to fend for himself, he left on a whim to seek his destiny, and found that he enjoyed seeing new places. He quickly did some thinking on how he could support himself and still manage that, and quickly realized that he could use his wings to get ponies where they needed to go.

What drove him to begin working for ponies? Why didn't he look for work in the Dragon lands/with other Dragons? Why did he not just adapt a lifestyle similar to his Peryton parents?

Looks pretty good, though there are a few kinks. :)

While he did receive more bits that way, it soon became clear that he chose the place because he preffered to sleep in the largest oak in the city, hanging upside-down by his tail in his usual way.

I'll have to confer with the staff on this. It's not necessarly a problem that he lives in Canterlot, but... the city is located on a mountain. A rocky mountain, that doesn't look like it has a lot of trees, much less one big enough to support a Dragon.

With the bits coming in, he debated for the first time in his life about whether or not to try and find his egg-parents or at the very least, other dragons, as the trip to their lands was easily fundable with the money he had earned.

Uh... Dragons don't need money to travel, they've got these big things called wings that can take them very far very fast. XD :P

Alrighty, chatted with the mods (and the admins) and this what I was informed: Your character is welcome to you trees to sleep in, although such a tree would have to be large in order to support him as you have him written. Thus the tree (or trees) will have to be located somewhere on the outskirts of Canterlot (a more forested area where huge trees grow naturally).

Uh... Dragons don't need money to travel, they've got these big things called wings that can take them very far very fast. XD :P

It's not the money for transport, it's the money for food. He wasn't raised by dragons and therefore sucks at catching his food.

Also, location changes made.