Everfree Border Station [Open]

Lunther

((Edit: This RP thread is a subzone and not a closing story-specific RP, so everypony can feel free to drop in and out as they'd please. Current synopsis is a visit by Dunder and Amity inside the shack/station itself. Feel free to join in!))

Nestled between the Everfree Forest and the Great Nimbusgait Lakes, due west of Cloudsdale, was a rather large shack. This was where Bronze Breeze made his home, of sorts, really just a waystation he built to use as part of his patrols near and over the Everfree forest to search for missing ponies. Eventually he hoped to have other ones along the Forest, and elsewhere, but for now this one would do. Bronze Breeze looked upon it, the wooden walls and door were sturdy enough, and he had enough supplies and furniture within to last, and take care of immediate medical emergencies.

He sighs lightly before looking down at the oval shaped boulder beneath him, not overly large but it weighed about as much as the average Stallion. His medical saddlebags were over his back as he adjusted them by shifting his weight around a bit, before nodding to himself and using his legs to grasp the boulder, before beating his wings to lift himself off the air. He let himself get up to about ten feet off before he simply hovered there, not going anywhere in particular but getting his usual stamina exercise in. He'd likely be at this for quite some time unless he was interrupted by a traveler from the road that connected the main roadways in Equestria to his station.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunder Blust was flying from Cloudsdale. One of his saddlebags to the right and his rapier to his left. He wasn't expecting to see too many ponies along the way. Usually the roads had small groups that Dunder just passed. But his sight caught the glimpse of a pony carrying a boulder about the size of a stallion. He flew slowly over to the pony, "Hello." Dunder said, "May I ask what you are doing?"

Bronze Breeze slowly turns himself to where he heard the voice. "Oh, hello! Just one of physical training routines I came up with. The longer I can carry something somepony's weight the better, welcome to Everfree Station." He says, slowly lowering himself to the ground before dropping the boulder and looking up at him. "I'm Bronze Breeze, what brings you out here?"

"I am travelling. It is my few days off of my work as a chef." He said, "Not really going anywhere." He trailed off a bit. "What is the Everfree Station?" He asked. He landed and sat down on the ground.

"A chef? I see." He looks over back at his shack that served as the station and then looks back at the other Stallion. "Ponies sometimes have a tendency to get lost in Everfree forest, other places too, but it's probably the most dangerous here. I decided to have this little station out here as sort of a, base of operations when I go searching for those who are lost." He begins to push the boulder closer to his station. "No pony deserves to be left lost and alone." He says softly.

"Hmm... Poor non-pegasus ponies." Dunder said and looked into the forest. It seemed especially eerie. "I guess you could say I try to find ponies that are lost and alone and try to help them find their way." He looked at the station, "Doesn't your station get harassed often? I mean, criminals travel along this way and your station looks like a sitting target for a robbery." Dunder said right before his stomach growled.

"Even Pegasus can get injured and lost in the middle of nowhere. As for robberies, I don't really have anything worth stealing, and I don't discriminate with my rescues, I figure they'd rather I was around than not just in case one of them ends up needing help." He lifts his front slightly in a shrug before heading towards the door. "Worst comes to worst, I've taken some self defense training."

"Peguses are less likely to be stuck in a place like a forest." Dunder said, "You've taken personal defense training? How about you put it to the test." dunder said, he smiled. He was always looking for a good fight, "I won't be rough, I promise."

Bronze looks over at him and raises the muscle over an eye. "I'll decline but thanks for the offer, I prefer to avoid fighting, though if you need to find out how I am at it, you can always ask the trainer in Cloudsdale." He says before pushing open the door. "Feel free to come in if you'd like, I was just going to get some hay, or whatever it is I have for food right now."

Dunder followed him in. He glanced about the room. It looked pretty bland, but it was enough for someone to survive in. Dunder was never one for the flashy living spaces anyway. "I try to avoid fighting for no good reason, but I fight for sport often." He said. He took off his rapier and leaned it on the wall by the door. "I'm not going to pressure you into fighting, either." He sat down by the table, "I'll pay you for the food." He paused, "And thank you for inviting me into your lovely home."

"It's no problem, and I appreciate that." He says, the place was one large room, fairly spartan with a row of a few simple beds, a medical cabinet and a small kitchen. Bronze was in the kitchen, rummaging through his cabinets for a while before managing to find a couple of apples and some hay. He set them on the table in evenly divided portions. "So what was that you said earlier, about helping ponies lost and alone and help them find their way? I suppose I'm scarcely the only one here who does, but that's a good thing."

"No, no, I insist." He said and put the coins on the table, "I don't take without sense." He said while pulling a plate with apples and a plate with hay over closer to him. "I believe you may be the only one helping ponies find their way, in this sense. I help lost ponies find their way in a more social sense." He grabbed an apple and began eating it, he looked up at Bronze.

He nods his understanding. "I see, well, helping in any form is a good thing. Even when somepony claims they don't need it but clearly do." He says as he takes a mouthful of hay and begins to chew on it, lifting his head up as he sighs contentedly. After a while of chewing he looks at Dunder. "I don't think I caught your name."

"Well, some cases it can be bad to force help onto another pony. If they want to learn to help themselves it is better to just let them. Or if they have a legitimate reason to not want help." He took another bite of the apple. "My name is Dunder Blust." He said, "Go ahead and make fun of it, I've heard it all about my name. And those who did learned that it can be dangerous to do so." He said casually and put down the apple and began eating the hay.

"No need to get defensive Dunder Blust, I don't make it a habit to mock or torment other ponies." Bronze said before scooping more hay to his mouth and chewing it once more. He rolls his head before swallowing. "I may not have taken the medical oath to do no harm, but I was raised by parents who did."

"It wasn't what I was meant to become and do." He says with the air of someone giving a shrug. "I liked the medical field just fine but I wanted more than just being cooped up in a hospital, or do what my father does, work at sporting events in case there's injuries." He takes a large bite from the apple and begins to chew on it.

"I was thinking of becoming a doctor once. But I decided that I should use my combat efficiency for war. But there is hardly any war around here. I've also tried joining the Royal Guards. I know that I have passed the tests both physical and written. It's just my brown coat that makes them not want me." Dunder said. "I am sorry, I am rambling." He quickly ate another bite of hay.

There would be a knocking on that simple wooden door, and a familiar voice boomed loudly, not needing to be enhanced by magic to pierce the little shack's walls with clear sound. "Extra, extra! Somepony left a giant rock outside of their house!" The door swung open and Amity Accurate walked through, beaming brightly as he walked inside. A pair of saddlebags were strapped to his back and a number of newspapers were rolled up and hovering just above his head, his horn glowing with soft white-ish light. "Really BB, you should be more careful. You might find a dragon take your most prized possession and then you won't have anything to work out with!" The little jibe was well-meaning as he smiled, the door swinging shut behind him with a click.

Spotting the other pony, he nodded his head to him and held out a hoof. "Hey there! I'm Amity Accurate. You stop by here for help from this guy, or did just need a place to rest your wings?"

Bronze Breeze finishes his apple just as he hears the door knock. Turning his head as he heard his friend's voice he chuckles and shakes his head. "Perhaps next time I'll have to bring it inside, it can use the bed I let you borrow." He says as he gets up off his haunches. "It's been a while AA, what's been going on?"

"Hello, Amity Accurate. My name is Dunder Blust." He said with a smile after the pony introduced himself, "It is nice to meet you. And I have come here to rest and make new friends." Dunder waved him over with his hoof, "Come to the table, were were just having a lovely dinner." Dunder said to Amity.

Amity grins, the newspapers floating over to the wall and setting down, his saddlebags unstrapping themselves magically and floating over to join the papers. A lunchbox floats out of the right bag and sets itself down beside the pile of hay. "Well sure, but only if I get to contribute. I bought some extra supplies for you, BB, and also picked this up on my way through Ponyville." The tin box flipped open, and the fresh scent of baked goods wafted into the rooms. A variety of delicious muffins were tucked safely inside, and he levitated one to each of his fellows before tearing into his own.

"Ihs guhd, huh?"

Bronze laughs happily, at seeing his friend, and the extra supplies. "You're a lifesaver Amity, truly." He says before taking a bite out of his own muffin. After swallowing he looks over at the newspapers. "So what's been happening lately, any interesting news?" He asks before taking another bite of muffin. "There hasn't been a whole lot going on around here, other than Dunder dropping by.

Dunder looked at the muffin floating in front of him. He grabbed it and took a bite. It was delicious. "Thank you, Amity." He took another bite. He slowly grabbed another coin and put it in the pile of the money he already owed. He listened and looked at Amity for any new news as he ate the muffin.

"Well, there is supposed to be an Animal Adoption Fair in Ponyville run by the one and only Fluttershy, one of the six ponies that saved Equestria from Discord." Amity said after swallowing his first bite of muffin. Glancing over to the saddlebags, he concentrated, causing a bag of oats and a bag of flour to both float out and land next on the nearest (and perhaps only) table. A number of small bags or dispensers soon following, with seasonings and flavorings like basil or vanilla. "And also I think the Wonderbolts are stopping by in Ponyville to make a presentation to the students there. But you guys are probably more interested in news from elsewhere, right?"