[Fillydelphia] Happy Hour at the Pony [Open to All]

Snowshoe

"Uncle Bob?", the red Pegasus waggled an eyebrow at the stallion, "Don't think I'll be calling you that even after all the drinks I'll be having tonight.", she couldn't help but grin, "And Dunder? Your folks named you after rum yeast?", she took a sip from her freshly poured mug of dark ale, "You've got my ears mister, so what can you tell me about this job that you need help with? I'm up for nearly anything, even if it's not exciting. If I waited around only for an heroic, epic quest to do, I would have starved to death months ago. And yes, you don't want to anger 'Major Wing Nut'. Guy so tough he punched out a dragon, chews glass and smokes only cigar butts."

"Thank ya. I'll keep that in mind for the next batch." Muggo' assured her, although secretly he didn't plan to change much. Yeah, it was strong, but that was just the nature of the beast, especially if you weren't much of a drinker. He smiled nonetheless.

At her question, he had to think it over, tapping a hoof idly against the bar. "Yer best bet would be to go somewhere near the Park." he explained. "Central Park. Right there ya got four places close by: Downtown, Old Town, Southridge, an' the business district. If ya put yerself right on the edge o' Oldtown or Dowtown, ya should get a bunch'a ponyfolk stoppin' by the park, an' yer shop. But don't take just me advice, I don't always get out a lot. Take a trot along yerself, see what there is to see 'round here." he added.

Silverbolt had been lost in thought, his meal untouched and undoubtedly cold as he absentmindedly ate his meal. Wiping his snout with a napkin, he looked around and saw all the new faces in the bar. He looked at Muggo and gave a small smile as he left some bits on the counter and left quietly, mumbling some weak excuse about getting up early for work as he left the bar.

"Yeah, but don't drink too much. I'll feel obliged to carry your flank out of here." He said with a smile to the pegasus mare. When she mentioned his name, Dunder laughed. "No, no... I am named after rum yeast, but that's not why I was named this. I was named this to be unique...." He said. He didn't really want to talk about his name and quickly moved on to the next subject. "And I have no jobs, as of now. Though, I haven't searched. If you live in Cloudsdale, you should give me your address so I can visit you if something comes up." He said.

When he heard the description of her father, he chuckled, "Sounds like a charming guy, I'll be glad to not be on his bad side." He said.

Fire Walker rolled her eyes at the mention of her 'drinking too much' but she let the stallion finish what he had to say and took another long sip from her mug as he spoke, "I spent most of my life in Canterlot and I have yet to actually visit Cloudsdale, which is odd me being an Pegasus and all.", she sat the glass down and let the taste in her mouth settle, "I was a rather sickly foal, and I was.", she sighed as the memories started to pop up, "Just a mess. Had a lot of issues from birth, but my parents never gave up on me. Named me 'Fire Walker' cause when I was able to walk, it caused me nothing but pain, like I was walking on fire. Had to wear braces on my legs, and that did not help with the with the whole flying lessons, but when those braces finally came off, it was a whole new story. And dad's currently not happy with me. By now, I should have been a full blown officer with the R.E.A, I should have had a 'proper' house to live in, and I should be married and have at least two foals under my rooftop. Basically I should be him. And that's not gonna happen, just not yet.", she took a final sip from her mug before setting it down, "Just want to see the world first. Still got plenty of time to do all that other 'adult' stuff."

"So, how about you? What is Dunder planning on doing with himself?"

Dunder listened to her all the way through, nodding and biting his lip as she explained. She reminded himself, being a sickly foal, but he didn't have it nearly that bad. When she was done talking, Dunder let out a "hmmph." He took another sip of the soda before talking again, "I thought I had it pretty bad. I got pneumonia a few times as a foal.... my mother almost lost me when I was in her tummy too.... Those were close calls, but of course, I'm here and well." He said, slightly lively. "And your parent's life plan for you sounds awesome. I mean, a father with a rich husband and a high rank in the REA?" He asked sarcastically, a slight snarl. As she finished, he also finished drinking the soda. He slammed it down on the counter.

"Well, since I was a colt, I've wanted to be in the Royal Guard. You know? I even had the fantasies of epic fighting skills... like being the last pony defendinng the princess against griffons or something." He said with a smile, remembering his colthood. "I soon found out I was good at cooking... but I was excellent at rapier fencing. I ended up never joining the REA..." He said quietly, a little embarrassed. "I don't know why... but I could tell that the instructors didn't agree with my methods and philosophies." He said and sighed. He purposefully excluded his want to get married, as well as his lack of any love life.

The red Pegasus was slightly confused, "Wait? A father with a rich husband? Um, my father is married to my mother.", she blinked as she looked into her now empty mug, " I meant to say he wants me to be like him. Big family, a lifetime of duty to the princess and all. It's a worthy and honorable life, but it was so boring. The job I mean. Lots of standing in place. Lots of hovering in place. Ofcourse, silly me goes and leaves Canterlot to go foal-sit a mage and then Canterlot becomes excitement-city with the changeling attack..And I do know what you mean. When I was a young filly I had the same dreams as well. Defending Canterlot with my trusty punch daggers or spear, but instead I got lots of pacing, and watching. The most I did was maybe raise my voice if I saw somepony making trouble. Didn't even get to do a.", she cleared her throat, "Stop right there criminal scum!", she did her best 'authority' voice, "And I'm sure I'll settle down one of these days, find a stallion and get married. Don't want to end up like my creepy Uncle Addle Plate. Alone forever.", she smiled at his mention of his fencing skills, "So, have you ever used your skills against an actual foe? In real life or death combat?"

"The park, eh? Thanks, I'll have to head by there early tomorrow morning, get a feel for things."

Lavender took another sip of her stout, when she felt her belly rumbling. How long ago had she eaten? She couldn't remember, but that was nothing new, she forgot things all the time. Speaking of which, she should probably find a place to sleep for the night.

"Hey, uh, what would you suggest for eating? I could use a snack. Also, do you know of any cheap Inns around here? I'm a little low on money, and I'd rather not sleep in the park."

"Huh?" Dunder asked, "Sorry... this drink must be getting to my brain, now." He said before taking another drink from the soda tankard. "Not this, this is soda." He said to her, reassuringly. "By the way, nice authority voice." He said with a hint of sarcasm and a grin, "I'd feel really scared." He said and stuck his tongue out at her.

"Anyway, yes, a job in the REA must be boring. Makes me glad I didn't become one. Of course, we both have those fantasies of being epic and defending the princesses or something heroically. I kind of wish I didn't.... I was kind of relying on the desire of those dreams becoming true. But, that doesn't matter. As of right now, I don't really care if I get in. They never accepted me, it's their own dang problem.... anyway, it's not like I'd want to get ordered around by somepony who's daddy was in the military so they get to push me around." Dunder said, some traces of anger in his voice and on his face. He took another swing of soda as she mentioned marriage again. When he slammed the tankard down, he burped a small burp and muttered. "Uhhuh."

When she mentioned his fencing skills, he suddenly got on edge, "No... wait...er-maybe." He said, getting obviously uncomfortable. "Well, that doesn't matter right now. Have you ever had to use your fighting skills?" He asked, quickly reversing the topic back onto her.

"There's an motel not that far from here.", Fire Walker turned her attention to the mare for a moment, "If you need any help, I'll be more than happy to walk you there. Should never walk alone during the night, especially after having a few drinks. I think the place is called the 'Motel Hello'. Just hope the sheets are clean.", she shuddered for a moment before turning back to Dunder.

"Since I'm guessing since you haven't done anything wrong, you wouldn't need to be scared, and I'm not really scary right now anyways. Not wearing my helm, and my hair's in my face.", she paused to blow away the few errant strands of her mane, "I'm also a little on the sleepy side. However if you were a dastardly doer of evil deeds and you were creeping along the street doing said evil dirty deeds and I swooped out of nowhere and landed in front of you all clad in my armor and with my eyes blazing red, you'd probably be a little on the scared side.", she noticed his tone and sighed, "And I wasn't calling you a -scum-, just doing a little acting of sorts. Showing off my 'Royal Equestrian Army' voice.", she smiled before adding, "And while I trained nearly every day, I haven't actually ever been in a 'life or death' type battle before..Been in a few fights, but nothing that ended with anything more than a bloody snout or black eyes. Guess I should be sort of proud I never killed anypony yet. How about you?"

Muggo' looked over at Silverbolt, having not noticed the pegasus when he had started to daydream a little. He grinned. "Take care, b'y!" he called to the stallion as he left. Muggo' Ale gathered the bits and pushed them toward a till slit in the bar, where they clinked against other bits in there.

"Well..." he said, addressing the lavender mare and smiling. "We got a full menu o' food. Lots o' good stuff." he assured her, grabbing a menu in his teeth and laying it on the bar for her to peruse. "An' aye, there's places everywhere to stay. Just down the street a few doors is a small hotel, the "Knight's Inn". Not a bad place." he said, pausing while Fire Walker added her two bits.

"An' aye, that's another good one. Lot's o' places to stay here." he said with a smile. He looked over at Dunder and Fire Walker, grinning. "B'y got some use outta his sword. He took a manticore on with me one day." he said with a grin.

Dunder smiled and chuckled when she mentioned herself in her armor, swooping down to scare him with her authority. "Yeah, sure, I'd be really scared." He said sarcastically. His drinks he had earlier tonight was talking more than he was. He took a sip of the soda as she explained that she wasn't calling him a scum. "I know, I just needed to let you know how scared I was by your authority voice." He said jokingly. He thought she would know it was a joke, since they weren't meeting under certain other circumstances. When she mentioned killing, he didn't nod or shake his head. "Well... you know..." He said, moving on from the subject to Muggo's mentioning of the manticore. "Yep!" Dunder said happily, "we sure showed that manticore not to mess with us." He said to Muggo'.

"Manticores are usually only violent if sick, starving or defending their den. They have one in the Canterlot zoo. Interesting creature. Heard they can fire poisonous barbs from their tail, they can even devour a full sized pony in one gulp.", the 'gulp' gave her an idea, "Excuse me.", she glanced over at Muggo', "Food does sound nice about now, could you please toss up some potato skins? Crispy cheese and hay bacon strips? And a soda like my friend here is enjoying.", she gathered up the correct coins and placed them on the counter.

"Sorry Dunder.", she turned back to the stallion, "Must be one pretty tough pony to take down a Manticore, that's something I never would have ever got to do back with the R.E.A. So I left. Haven't found excitement yet. A few weeks ago I was stuck body-guarding a rather nasty little unicorn. His father believed his life was in danger, so he found me and arranged for me to keep an eye on him, and NOTHING happened.", she sighed. "I just followed him around town.He went to street corners where he complained. Went to a rather nice little cafe where he complained, back to the street corner, where he complained some more. Did meet an absolutely brilliant unicorn mare during my little 'job'. A sage and she was brilliant. Could talk to her for hours, even if she had a few unkind words to say about our Princess Celestia, but she stood behind her words and gave perfectly sensible reasons for why she held her somewhat controversial opinions. Eventually my look-after-e offended the good sage, she took leave and I was stuck with him for what seemed like forever.", she sighed, 'I do envy you."

Dunder smiled when Fire called him her friend, "Dawww, thank you anyway, though." He said as he looked away with a grin still on his face.

"Of course, no one pony took down the manticore. Muggo and I did most of the work, though Muggo' did more work than me, as he got there and actually hit the stallion head on with his hooves." Dunder said. Remembering how Muggo' had actually run up and bucked the manticorn and whatnot. He had used his sword, which made him smile. As Dunder heard the story, he smiled and chuckled. The story was pretty funny, how the unicorn acted and how she was just annoyed by everything the unicorn did. Although, this other unicorn did seem like quite the pony. When Fire said that she envied Dunder, he just chuckled. "No, you don't. I'm pretty boring, actually. I don''t usually do much besides cook and go home and read or something..." He said to Fire.

Fire Walker glanced back at the earth pony, "Brewmaster, tavern-keeper and adventurer, very impressive.", her tone was respectful and not at all sarcastic. She turned back to Dunder, "Probably should have that beast stuffed and mounted in the 'Prancing Pony'. Most of the older taverns back in Canterlot usually had some sort of stuffed monster in their establishment. The 'Red Dragon' has a perfectly preserved dragon head from back during the old wars. Nowadays doing something like that to an intelligent creature would be against the law, but it's still very 'gazemazing' Still, I'm sure most ponies wouldn't mind if they did that to the twice accursed 'Changeling Queen'. Mount that bit..er..creature's head on the wall, so every pony could spit on her as they leave and enter Canterlot."

She shook her head sadly as he mentioned his 'boring' life, "Really? Why the sudden shift from being an brave warrior to homepony? I think we should go on adventure! Travel the Everfree. Explore dark ruins. Fight horrible monsters.", she pantomimed sword-play by waving her hoof about, "While I'm officially not on duty, I usually have to report myself to the town guard when I enter a city, considering I do carry a blade on hoof. I did notice a job board in the guard office. Should be something exciting to do for good pay! What do you say?"

"Aye ma'am, one plate o' potato skins on the double quick." Muggo' said with a smile, trotting to the kitchen window and sticking his head through to relay the order to the ponies in the back. Then he poured out a soda for her and grinned. "There ya be." he said, placing the drink down. "Food'll be up shortly." he added, listening to her story.

"Aye, that was me part. Run up like a blunderin' fool an' shove into a manticore. That was smart. But it ended well in the end, eh b'y?" he asked Dunder with a grin.

He took a little bow at what Fire Walker said and grinned. "Oh, the thin' ain't dead. Just buggered off when it realized we got more bite than he." he explained.

As Dunder listened to the mare, he looked a little confused. He had never said they they actually killed the, so when Muggo' explained, Dunder looked at him and nodded. "Yep, ran off when it realized that we knew how to fight." He said with a grin to Muggo'. "And it did end well. We saved the day and whatnot." Dunder said, somewhat sarcastically.

When Fire said that they could go check out the board in the guard office, Dunder rubbed his head with his hoof. "Maybe.... It could be interesting. Just not sure what is there... or what is not there..." He said, thinking about if the board was actually a huge disappointment. "But I'll check it out with you anyway." He said with a smile. He was glad to make a new friend.

"Oh, guess that's for the better. I believe that's what happened with the manticore in the Canterlot Zoo. It wandered a little too close to civilization and scared the heck out of some farmers. Members of the R.E.A were quickly dispatched and were able to contain the beast. It was apparently very sick, wounded and they decided, after removing the barbs from its tail, to send it to live the rest of its life in the zoo, as opposed to leaving it do die out in the wild.", she smiled as Muggo' went off to get her food, 'Actually, it's a bit late for reading the job board, but right in the morning we can check it out. There's bound to be something exciting! We could gather up like-minded ponies and maybe even a griffon to go on something very epic-tastical! I could see it now. We'd have a few warriors like the two of us, a magic using unicorn, and somepony who is good at being sneaky.", those in the tavern could almost see in the energy flowing through Fire Walker's body. She did manage to keep her wings from popping out and causing damage to either the stools or the patrons, "And where is your place? Maybe I could crash on your couch to save on bits I could be using for equipment! Ooh, this is going to be fantastic!"

It took her a moment before she realized she was making a scene, "Oh. Sorry.", she grinned at Dunder before she scooted back on her stool, "Sometimes I get a little worked up on these things."

Dunder was slightly dismayed to hear that the notice board was needed to be put on hold. Though, when the Dunder saw the mare's enthusiasm about finding a party to go out with. He smiled at her enthusiasm and her energy. Though, the party seemed like it would be a little specific... though it seemed balanced. He also had to agree it would be a pretty good party, but he knew that their 'dream team' would probably not come true.

When she asked him where he lived, he was surprised. He wanted to be nice.... but letting a mare sleep in his house for the night might give some ponies the wrong ideas. He hardly knew the mare as it was... though, he knew that he needed to be hospitable. "Sure. I guess you could come to my house? I mean... If I need to get to know you better..." He said, thinking about it. "And don't worry about getting worked up, it's fine." He said to her with a smile.

"Cool beans!", the Pegasus watched as her potato skins arrived, "Then it's set. I crash at you place, we have some breakfast, and then it's off to check out the 'epic' job board.", she licked her lips as the plate was dropped off, and wasted no time snatching one up and gobbling it down, "Yu wan one of eeese? Der erry oood!", she asked Dunder while still in mind-consumption.

Dunder nodded, "Sure. Just tell me when you want to leave... then we can go." Dunder said. It was getting later in the night anyway. He also needed to get this pony situated in his house. When she offered some of her food, Dunder took a bite of it. It tasted good... just like all the food from the pub. "This does taste good..." He said after he swallowed.

"Let me just finish my meal, and we'll be off.", the Pegasus responded before gobbling up another skin.

OOC: Well, we're at a crossroads! Shall another group be made for this EPIC adventure? Not sure their story could continue on this section considering it's set in a tavern. Not alot of adventure to be found here..If you do set up a new area, please give me the link!