[Fillydelphia] Happy Hour at the Pony [Open to All]

Snowshoe

Silverbolt took a longer drink and felt a slight buzz in his head. "I think it's finally starting to affect me.", he said with a laugh. His vision was still practically 100% functional and responding to the question of music, "Do you have Tsyolin's Wooden Overture? I am normally a more heavy style music listener but I like that songfor some reason.". He leaned back and looked at the dart board, feeling the urge to play. He spotted the darts on the counter and grabbed 3 of them and returned to his stool.

(OoC: On mobile, look up Tsyolin Befriends Wooden Toaster- Wooden Overture on YouTube)

Ink Soul shrugged. "If you call successful only being known by an older, less known part of Canterlot, then use. But I enjoy it, and thats what matters." Pulling out a thick, tattered leather-bound book, he pushed it over to Dunder. "First one. Took a while, and it was never titled...by me, anyways. The publishers, who had trouble getting it through, named it Sleeping Insanity, but I never thought it was as dark as that, to deserve such a name. Just the story-or stories-of a ponies strange, reality-shifted dreams."

Dunder nodded to In Soul's talking as the pegasus stallion carefully looked through the pages of the book. Reading here and there gave him a sample of the quality of the writing and it was pretty good. He knew it was writing that outdid any story writing that Dunder could manage. "Well, if this is your book, why did the publishers get to choose the title?" Dunder said as he looked up at Ink Soul. He closed the book and pushed it over to Ink before leaning back in the chair. "They must have had their reasons, but that's some good writing." He said before taking another sip of his soda.

Muggo' tapped a hoof to his chin. Did he have that? He looked back at the box, mumbling to himself. He named off a few bands that formed an eccentric mix...everything from Hoofington-area sea shanties to orchestral scores from long past, to modern music. He was pretty sure he had one of Pon3's works in there somewhere. "Ah, here she be." he said, pulling the vinyl record gently from the box with his teeth and setting it upon the turntable. A few cranks got the internal mechanisms going properly, and he set the needle down upon it. The first strings of the song played, and he turned back to the bar.

Muggo' Ale listened to Ink's description of the book and set his hat down on the bar, shaking out his shaggy gray mane. "That sounds like a good bit of work, b'y. How'd it not get a bigger followin'?"

"Well..." Then, Ink's eyes lit up. "Sorry guys, wait here a sec." Hopping down, the stallion raised out the door, returning with a book, which he wrote quickly in.

(OOC:Won't be doing this thread for a while, I'm already clogged up with lots of others)

• 3 weeks later...

((I cast level 4 necrothread!))

Lavender Mint, being new in town, did what any pony would do: wander aimlessly, getting to know the place. She wandered up and down the streets, taking in the sights, getting yelled at by other ponies for being in the way, and generally enjoying herself, when she found herself standing in front of an average looking red brick building. Upon closer inspection, she saw that it was in fact a pub, called the prancing pony.

Lavender wandered into the pub, only sort of paying attention to where she was going, and ended up running into a few tables and chairs on her way over to the bar, where a gray bartender and a few other ponies were gathered. After finally making it to the bar, she sat down, a couple seats away from the other ponies, content to wait until they were done with their conversation, she was in no hurry.

[it's super effective! Muggo's bar lives again!]

Muggo' watched as Inkwell idly walked off out the door to get something, and in came a new pony, a lavender earth pony. He grinned and gave her a wave of the hoof. "Hey, how's ya gettin' on?" he called out to her. She seemed a little absent minded, and sat a ways down the bar from everpony else. He trotted over and leaned against the counter. "What can I get ya? Drink, bit o' food?" he asked casually. She seemed like she had something on her mind, so he expected the order would be for something alcoholic, and rather on the strong side. He'd come to figure these things out rather accurately in his position as barkeep.

Lavender, having been examining a knothole in the wood bar, didn't notice that the barkeep had walked over to her. After he inquired to what she might want, she looked up from the bar, slightly confused for a moment before catching up.

"Oh. Um.. I don't know, what would you suggest? I'm not all that picky, and always willing to try local flavors."

Now that she was caught up and aware, she took a better look at the barkeep. He was a gray pony, wearing a cool looking hat, and he had an air of friendliness about him. He seemed like nice enough pony.

Dunder blinked when Ink got up to leave. "Oh... okay." He said while the stallion left. Though, another pony trotted in, a purple mare. He had enough drinks to be able to talk to a mare, she looked like she needed a pony to talk to anyway.

He stood up and trotted over and sat next to her. "Hey, how are you doing?" He asked the purple mare as he leaned on the bar counter to face her. It was obvious that he had been drinking. He hadn't drank too much, he was just a little tipsy.

Lavender had just finished talking to the barkeep when another pony walked up to them, a light brown pegasus. She hadn't noticed him until he started talking.

"Hey, how are you doing?", he asked, leaning against the bar.

"Oh. I'm... uh, fine, I guess. I'm new in town." she replied.

After a moment's thought, she added, "How about you?"

A red coated Pegasus pony slowly cantered into the tavern and found herself a spot by the bar. She wore a dark grey suit of armor that resembled something an officer from the esteemed 'R.E.A.' or 'Royal Equestrian Army' would wear, but lacked a badge that would normally be placed on the breast plate. She wore a full helm which covered most of her head and and what could be seen of her dark red mane was braided rather neatly. A pair of goggles hung around her neck, and a well worn saddle bag hung around her sides. "Barkeep, give me a mug of..oh wait.", she glanced around, "New city. New drink. Please serve me what your regulars normally drink.", she smiled ever-so-politely, "I've had a rather long, and difficult day. I know there's a good deal of taverns along the way, but I wasn't in the mood for the tourist traps. Silly ponies come up with a cute name, center a theme around it and charge a king's ransom for a watered down 'froo froo drink'. A couple of the stallions I was working a caravan with recommended this place to me. Said you guys were one of the last real bars in Fillydelphia."

OOC: I'm waiting on a pic for this character. The below looks SORT of like her. She's just redder, and her mane is of a solid color. And she has two eyes.

2rh21av.jpg

[Green pony, Doc xD His mane's grey.]

Muggo' Ale nodded. Local flavour, aye? He pulled a mug up from under the counter and held it in a curled fetlock as he poured out the dark stout he specialized in into the mug. He set it down in front of the mare and smiled. "Glass o' stout, me own recipe. Can't get much more local than brewed in the back o' the pub, eh?" he said with a laugh. He grinned when Dunder shifted over, a plan already forming in his head.

"He's a bit on the lonely side if ya ask me." he teased, tapping the bar with a hoof before shifting over to look at the door. In walked a red pegasus mare, wearing crazy heavy armour. Muggo' opened his mouth to speak when she already did.

He tilted his head at what she said, then grinned. Last real bar in Fillydelphia? He filed that away to use later as some promo material. "Well, we got whatever ya have on yer mind. Mixed drinks, ales...I just poured out the gal down there a stout, it's me own personal brew. Whatever puts the wind in yer sail, I got." he assured her.

"Personal brew? I'll give it a go, just as long as it's not too silly. No pickle-kumquat ale or oyster stout for me.", as she waited for Muggo' Ale to pour her drink, she removed her helm and sat it down on the floor by her hooves, "Just got here not that long ago. Tagged along with a caravan group from Hoofington to here, I was hoping for a little excitement, but it never came. I did hear the life stories of nearly every pony that was part of that group.", she checked her mane at the nearest mirror and tried to fix her dreaded 'helm-hair', "I was hoping there was something of interest in the 'City Of Sibling Love'. You know of anything going on in town?"

She snatched up the mug the moment it was presented to her, "As they say in Germaney, 'Prost!'', she took a hardy chug from her mug.

"Oh no, nothin' like that. Yer bog-standard roasted barley, hops, yeast an' water." Muggo' explained, setting another mug near the tap and pouring out the dark ale into it. He set the mug down in front of the mare and grinned. "Well, welcome here. Never got what that slogan meant. As for stuff goin' on in town, nothin' I can think of. Nothin' big at least." he said, tapping a hoof to his chin. Nope, no large events to his knowledge.

He chuckled when she spoke about Germaney, then chugged her drink. "Aye. Whatever that means." he said with a laugh. "Never been to Germaney."

"Nuts.", the Pegasus groaned, "I thought after the 'Royal Wedding' fiasco, there would be more excitement to be found, but I guess the dark and nasty creatures of our world have decided to lay low for the moment.", she took another, longer sip from her mug before adding, "'Prost' is just another way of saying 'cheers' in Germaney. Along with my favorite, 'Genieße das Leben ständig! Du bist länger tot als lebendig!', which means to enjoy life, since you'll be dead a lot longer than you've been alive. I learned a ton of those sayings during my stay there, which tells what I did most of my visit. I was hired to find the 'Fabled Flagon Of Herr-Dagon', which one would assume would have been in the bottom of some ancient dungeon filled with horrible beasts, or even at the top of a tower guarded by evil wizards, but nope! It was locked up in some dusty old crate in the basement of some pony's 'Bread Haus', which I actually stopped by to pick up a loaf of 'Wheat and honey' and just mentioned my quest to the baker, and he was like 'Oh!I be having it!' So a quest I had planned on doing for at least a few days ended up lasting ten minutes. Typical!", she ran a hoof through her mane, "Guess I'll just get snockered then!"

"I'm doing good." Dunder said to the mare When Muggo' said Dunder was lonely, Dunder just laughed nervously, "And don't listen to that old coot, he's had too much to drink as it is." He said jokingly while looking at Muggo'.

When the mare pegasus walked in, Dunder thought that he would need to keep himself on best behavior because the REA was here. But, he soon found out that she wasn't actually a member of the REA, by the looks of her armor and by the way she talked about her travels. She looked like a kind of pony he could definitely take a liking to, he'd have to introduce himself first. He switched his seating so he could face her.

"So, you're the fighter adventuring type, eh?" He asked. He had been drinking some, but not too much. "Just like me." He said with a smile.

"More like an 'Wanna-be-adventure type'.", the Pegasus groaned, "Oh, and the name's Fire Walker of Canterlot. All my life I sought out adventure and excitement, so I became a member of the Royal Equestrian Army.", she took another sip from her mug, "Didn't find adventure watching the streets or skies of Canterlot, so I was permitted furlow for the time being, to seek fame and fortune in the wilds, ofcourse, not long after I left, my great hometown became the center of excitement during the Royal Wedding business. Figures. I've been wandering the lands, seeking adventure, but so far it's been foal-sit this mage, find this doodad over there or the caravan-thing. How about you? How has your travels been?", she pushed away her now empty mug and asked the barkeep to fill it up.

"Hmm... Fire Walker of Canterlot.... I'm just going to call you Fire." He said. Saying the whole thing drawn out was a bit of a chore every time he addressed her.

The way she described work in the REA made Dunder feel better about not joining. He knew that there wasn't much action, but he didn't know there wasn't that much. Though, he was happy to meet another pegasus that had least shown some interest in the REA. She really seemed like the kind of pony Dunder could take a liking to.

He thought for a moment when she asked him about himself, "Well, I'ts been slow. Not too many one-pony jobs or many ponies willing to pay to get exploration or research done." He said. "But you have to always look in the right places, and you seem like a mare that could use some direction." Dunder said and grinned, "Maybe, if you came with me, I could point you in the right direction. I could use a helping hoof, sometimes...."

Muggo' stared at the soldier for a while as she spoke, some story punctuated with a strange, coarse sounding language that he really wanted to learn, talking about some quest to find some item from a dragon's cave but it ended up being in a bakery...or something like that. It was hard for him to keep up. He grinned nonetheless, figuring he'd get the full story to tell later.

"B'y, I can hold more alcohol in me than ya can even comprehend." Muggo' assured Dunder with a grin, looking back at the pegasus mare as she spoke with Dunder. He decided to trot down to the other end of the bar to see what the other mare was up to, as she seemed oddly quiet.

"And what about ya? How's the drink?"

"Fire is good.", the Pegasus replied with a smile, "And I'll be more than happy to listen to what you have to say, but first.", she pushed the empty mug towards Muggo' and gave him the saddest puppy dog-eyes the mare could manage, "That was really good, could you pour me another mug before you walk away?", she quickly removed a few bits from her pouch, "This should cover my first drink, my next one, and one for my new friend over here.", she smiled and returned her gaze back at the Pegasus, "Sorry, you mentioned the need for a helping hoof? Please be warned, I'm not going to do anything illegal. Nothing that would make my father madder than he already is. He's still pretty upset with my temporary leave of duty. A few years back I actually helped an artist friend by posing for a few paintings. Nothing that risqué, but when the old stallion found out, he had to invent new curse words since he ran out of all the ones in the dictionary to use on me."

"Oh, I didn't catch your name."

Dundr smiled wider when she gave Muggo' some bits for drinks. "AHAH! You know a way to a stallions heart: through his stomach." Dunder said with a chuckle, "But, I must not accept. I don't give my debt to anypony." He pulled out a few bits from his bag and threw them on the counter. "Muggo' all those bits she gave you are for her, but I have some more for myself." He called down the counter to him. "Soda, by the way? Thanks." He said before returning to Fire.

"And no, nothing illegal, unless it's necessary. Though, stuff like that hasn't happened in a while." He said to the mare. "Nothing to upset your old man. And nothing risque` unless you ask nicely." Dunder said before laughing. He was obviously out of it, "Anyway, my name is Dunder Blust." He said before kissing her hoof. "Call me Dunder, Mr. Blust, Captain, Uncle Bob, anything." He said before taking another swing of soda.

"Aye, one stout, one soda!" Muggo' called back. "Gimme a sec." he said to the other mare, smiling as he ducked down to get more mugs to fill. One stout and one soda. "Watch yer hooves. Always wanted to try this." Muggo' said with a mischievous smirk. He gently pushed the soda along the bar and it slid a bit toward Dunder. He pulled it back, then gave it a harder tap with his hoof, sending it all the way over to Dunder. He let out a whoop of laughter, grinning as he sent the stout down toward Fire Walker. "Alright, I think that's the tip o' me career at the bar." he joked.

"And ya! Watch out for Dunder. He gets these harebrained schemes..." he teased with a grin. "Just kiddin' around. He's a good b'y." he said, shifting back over to Lavender.

"Terribly sorry, I been ignorin' ya. How's the drink?" he asked again with a laugh.

Lavender idly sipped at her drink, only somewhat listening to the other ponies chattering. She was busy contemplating where to settle down her shop, and was watching the candles flicker. She was about halfway done with her mug when the barkeep slid back over, apologizing for ignoring her.

"Oh it's quite all right, I'm not one for idle chit-chat anyhow. This stout is very good by the way, if just a little bit strong for my tastes."

Lavender thinks for a moment, "By the way, do you by chance know where there's a lot of hoof traffic here? I'm looking to settle down my tea shop, and I want to be sure it'll be somewhere that wont be out of everypony's way."