One shots you want back!

Ashton

While it's not shippy you might like that one I mentioned then:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4630/Trixie%27s-Revenge

I'm not a fan of the twixie ship, but if you have any non-shippy trixie fic links I'd like to see them. (Especially if she's the BigBad or a Dragon)

While it's not shippy you might like that one I mentioned then:

http://www.fimfictio...xie%27s-Revenge

I'm not a fan of the twixie ship, but if you have any non-shippy trixie fic links I'd like to see them. (Especially if she's the BigBad or a Dragon)

hmm, the premise definitely sounds enticing. ill check it out later, and tbh ive only started getting into trixie fics as of lately so many options are somewhat limited. there is one that springs to mind though, how do you feel about grimdark/sad/tragedy?

hmm, the premise definitely sounds enticing. ill check it out later, and tbh ive only started getting into trixie fics as of lately so many options are somewhat limited. there is one that springs to mind though, how do you feel about grimdark/sad/tragedy?

Grimdark is fine (as long as it's not cupcakes-grimdark) I'd prefer not sad or tragedy, though if it's good enough... (Yes, I read and *loved* My Little Dashie)

Alright, so, I'll just state whom I'd like to see and why...

Luna - Seriously, we need more Luna. I'd like to see something like a problem at night and Luna steps in and recruits the mane 6 to help solve it. I'd even appreciate more cameos. She is supposed to be the co-ruler of Equestria after all.

Trixie - Now mind you, I'm not a huge Trixie fan, but she has some depth and is one of the few characters that can honestly grow and reappear changed. I'd really like to see her return as part of a new revised magic show tour in Ponyville. Not even in the foreground, but in the background. Letting it be only mentioned that she changed for the better and that her magic show is enjoyable for all without being demeaning or overly boastful without reason.

Fancy Pants and Fleur - Fancy Pants and Fleur were just awesome. They are characters I wouldn't mind seeing every time that one of the Mane 6 was in Canterlot. In fact, I think that should be a prerequisite as a cameo, even if only by name. He seemed genuinely interested in the Mane 6, and I'm sure by now he has heard that Twi is protegee to the Princess. It would be interesting to see him invite the mane 6 to future parties and such. Or if they do a return to the Gala, it would be interesting if the mane 6 made a problem and he steps in to stand up for them along with the Princess. The two most infuential people in Canterlot standing up for 6 ponies from Ponyville (or perhaps 5, because I'm sure at least some guests at the Gala would recognize Twi from Canterlot)

Gilda - I loathe Gilda for starters. However, I'd love to see her in the capacity of an open flyer competition. Specifically, I'd like to see her place really poorly, being beaten out by many she would deem "uncool." If such an episode did come to pass, I'm not sure I'd want RD to win either though. The ideal end for a competition like that would be this for me: RD is in the top 5 until the end (likely with at least one or two of the Wonderbolts). RD jumps to first using the Sonic Rainboom. Fleetfoot (the confirmed fastest of the Wonderbolts) follows suit and beats RD at the last second, causing RD to come in second. This would naturally shock RD, whom thought she was the only one that could perform the feat, allowing her some growth as a character. Honestly, the humbling episode for RD (specifically MMDW) was really lacking, and I think that would do it right. Gilda wouldn't even place in the top 10, and hopefully realize that being cool isn't everything, and perhaps apologize to Pinkie and RD.

Trixie - Now mind you, I'm not a huge Trixie fan, but she has some depth and is one of the few characters that can honestly grow and reappear changed. I'd really like to see her return as part of a new revised magic show tour in Ponyville. Not even in the foreground, but in the background. Letting it be only mentioned that she changed for the better and that her magic show is enjoyable for all without being demeaning or overly boastful without reason.

I would like to see a poster, so we know she wasnt completely destroyed (or killed) since her appearance. but I stills ay bringing her back in ANY capacity will set half the fandom aflame (pun intended)

Fancy Pants and Fleur - Fancy Pants and Fleur were just awesome. They are characters I wouldn't mind seeing every time that one of the Mane 6 was in Canterlot. In fact, I think that should be a prerequisite as a cameo, even if only by name. He seemed genuinely interested in the Mane 6, and I'm sure by now he has heard that Twi is protegee to the Princess. It would be interesting to see him invite the mane 6 to future parties and such. Or if they do a return to the Gala, it would be interesting if the mane 6 made a problem and he steps in to stand up for them along with the Princess. The two most infuential people in Canterlot standing up for 6 ponies from Ponyville (or perhaps 5, because I'm sure at least some guests at the Gala would recognize Twi from Canterlot)

considering the last episode where EVERY. SINGLE. GUARD knew Twi and just thought she was being wierd... yeah, I think everyone would know who she is...

Gilda - I loathe Gilda for starters. However, I'd love to see her in the capacity of an open flyer competition. Specifically, I'd like to see her place really poorly, being beaten out by many she would deem "uncool." If such an episode did come to pass, I'm not sure I'd want RD to win either though. The ideal end for a competition like that would be this for me: RD is in the top 5 until the end (likely with at least one or two of the Wonderbolts). RD jumps to first using the Sonic Rainboom. Fleetfoot (the confirmed fastest of the Wonderbolts) follows suit and beats RD at the last second, causing RD to come in second. This would naturally shock RD, whom thought she was the only one that could perform the feat, allowing her some growth as a character. Honestly, the humbling episode for RD (specifically MMDW) was really lacking, and I think that would do it right. Gilda wouldn't even place in the top 10, and hopefully realize that being cool isn't everything, and perhaps apologize to Pinkie and RD.

2 problems with that. I LOVE the idea of Gilda being shown up, that I agree with, but...

1. Sonic Rainboom can only be performed by a rainbow pony, it's a fascet of the same magic that gives dash her rainbow 'trail' that follows her when she flies

2. That would decimate dash. She would lose faith in herself, her abilities, and the wonderbolts. She might even grow to hate them or herself... It could be one Tartarus of a movie, but I dont think that in 22 minutes it could be resolved with any finality unless it *was* intended to destroy dash emmotionally (as opposed to simply humbling her) --- now keep in mind that's a worst-case-scenario. Though I do think she would lose faith in herself and her already-low self-esteme would take a nasty hit. I dont think she'd hate the wonderbolts but she might give up on her dreams of joining them... or she would become insanely obcessed about winning against fleetfoot and spend all her time working out and practicing, letting her obcession destroy her... neither of which is pretty... (though again, great movie --- or fic idea, either way)

2 problems with that. I LOVE the idea of Gilda being shown up, that I agree with, but...

1. Sonic Rainboom can only be performed by a rainbow pony, it's a fascet of the same magic that gives dash her rainbow 'trail' that follows her when she flies

2. That would decimate dash. She would lose faith in herself, her abilities, and the wonderbolts. She might even grow to hate them or herself... It could be one Tartarus of a movie, but I dont think that in 22 minutes it could be resolved with any finality unless it *was* intended to destroy dash emmotionally (as opposed to simply humbling her) --- now keep in mind that's a worst-case-scenario. Though I do think she would lose faith in herself and her already-low self-esteme would take a nasty hit. I dont think she'd hate the wonderbolts but she might give up on her dreams of joining them... or she would become insanely obcessed about winning against fleetfoot and spend all her time working out and practicing, letting her obcession destroy her... neither of which is pretty... (though again, great movie --- or fic idea, either way)

Was it ever confirmed that it needs to be a Rainbow Pegasus? Just because RD is the only one that can do it, doesn't mean that no pony else can. Also Pinkie said "When a Pegasus like Rainbow Dash gets going so fast a sonic boom and rainbow happen all at once," and no mention of a specific type of Pegasus was mentioned... In fact, the colts that previously made fun of RD asked if she could teach them how she did it, suggesting that it is possible for others to learn. Also, the fact that the Wonderbolts are "the best fliers in all of Equestria" would lessen the blow, imo. Think of it this way... If you trained in a sport, and was able to do a move before anyone else, and then one of your idols performed it after, knowing that it is a near impossible move, would you honestly be so destroyed emotionally? Really? They are professionals, that is their job. All they do is train in aerial tricks, so if any pony other than RD was to be able to do it, it would have to be a Wonderbolt. And I think that would just make RD respect them more, but realize that she isn't unique. Though, she likely would go mad trying to beat fleetfoot... That I will give you, it's in her personality... However, the Wonderbolts are probably the only ponies in Equestria that would be able to beat her without destroying her completely, because of how much she respects them. It would provide a mechanism for her to be further recognized as well, because no pony would think any less of her for losing to a Wonderbolt, but would think of her more highly for being able to beat 5/6 of the Wonderbolts and come in 2nd overall. I actually think it would do well as part of the finale of FiM (if they ever do one). A method of being fully recognized and a way into the Wonderbolts while giving a final push for her development.

Grimdark is fine (as long as it's not cupcakes-grimdark) I'd prefer not sad or tragedy, though if it's good enough... (Yes, I read and *loved* My Little Dashie)

yea my little dashie was an amazing story, but im gonna pm you the fic im talking about since its an 18+ read. but trust me its not cupcakes, all though its still a little effed up. if you hated trixie before this fic is gonna make you wanna hug her lol

The thing that has always bugged me about Trixie, was that, with few exceptions, successful magicians must try very hard to be relateable. The ability to perform magic tricks sets you above those that cannot do what you can do. Therefore, much of the talking that happens during a trick is designed to connect you to the magician. Trixie did none of this. She strove to expand the gap, rather than close it. If I saw her again, I would want to see an act where she had obviously taken this to heart. Maybe with a much bigger crowd. Now, she could STILL be rough around the edges personally...but it doesn't make sense that her act stay so aggressive.

• Like 1

Was it ever confirmed that it needs to be a Rainbow Pegasus? Just because RD is the only one that can do it, doesn't mean that no pony else can. Also Pinkie said "When a Pegasus like Rainbow Dash gets going so fast a sonic boom and rainbow happen all at once," and no mention of a specific type of Pegasus was mentioned... In fact, the colts that previously made fun of RD asked if she could teach them how she did it, suggesting that it is possible for others to learn. Also, the fact that the Wonderbolts are "the best fliers in all of Equestria" would lessen the blow, imo. Think of it this way... If you trained in a sport, and was able to do a move before anyone else, and then one of your idols performed it after, knowing that it is a near impossible move, would you honestly be so destroyed emotionally? Really? They are professionals, that is their job. All they do is train in aerial tricks, so if any pony other than RD was to be able to do it, it would have to be a Wonderbolt. And I think that would just make RD respect them more, but realize that she isn't unique. Though, she likely would go mad trying to beat fleetfoot... That I will give you, it's in her personality... However, the Wonderbolts are probably the only ponies in Equestria that would be able to beat her without destroying her completely, because of how much she respects them. It would provide a mechanism for her to be further recognized as well, because no pony would think any less of her for losing to a Wonderbolt, but would think of her more highly for being able to beat 5/6 of the Wonderbolts and come in 2nd overall. I actually think it would do well as part of the finale of FiM (if they ever do one). A method of being fully recognized and a way into the Wonderbolts while giving a final push for her development.

Show me another pony, ANY other pony, that can manifest rainbows. That's the key here. Any pegasus can create a sonic boom, but only a rainbow pegasus with their unique rainbow magic can create a rainboom. As of now, we only have Rainbow and possibly Celestia.

Yes, but Dash is self-proclaimed "Fastest Pegasus in all equestria" if she was beated it woudl shatter her fragile self-image and do a LOT of internal emmotional damage that few ponies would ever see (probably fluttershy, possibly twilight, the others probably would see no change)

Also, all y'all Gilda haters need to step.

I dont hate her, I just want to see her get her comeuppance. I think she'd be a nice vehicle to exlore Dash's past and quite possibly her psyche (and griffens are awesome!)

Show me another pony, ANY other pony, that can manifest rainbows. That's the key here. Any pegasus can create a sonic boom, but only a rainbow pegasus with their unique rainbow magic can create a rainboom. As of now, we only have Rainbow and possibly Celestia.

Yes, but Dash is self-proclaimed "Fastest Pegasus in all equestria" if she was beated it woudl shatter her fragile self-image and do a LOT of internal emmotional damage that few ponies would ever see (probably fluttershy, possibly twilight, the others probably would see no change)

I dont hate her, I just want to see her get her comeuppance. I think she'd be a nice vehicle to exlore Dash's past and quite possibly her psyche (and griffens are awesome!)

Sent PM, I don't want to derail the topic any more than we already have.