One shots you want back!

Ashton

Every few episodes we get a one-shot character who's important to the plot but likely will never return. This is where you talk about the ones you'd like to see come back (or REALLY _Dont_ want to see come back) Whether you would be happy with just a background appearance, or whether they need to come back as a major character.

Dont even bother with Trixie, I know practically every single brony wants to see her return in some capacity... I dont want this to turn into a 'trixie fanclub' thread.

I'll start:

I'd like to see fillamina and tank return, yes they're both canonically 'permanent' characters, but they've not really been seen at all except in their respective episodes.

Fancypants and Fleur I'd like to see again, though I dont care for JetSet and his upper crust

Blueblood has had a background appearance or two, but I'd like to see him make a plot of himself again (*hopeing this happens with next season's Candice plot*)

Flim and Flam I'm up in the air about, I think that they could get away with another scam provided it was smaller and basically a one-on-one deal instead of involving the whole town (though I think that goes a bit against the grain of the story since they learned nothing form their failed scam) On the other paw, it's possible in a longer arc if a magic-machine broke down and they were there to have them help fix it (for a price, I'm sure)

Dont even bother with Trixie, I know practically every single brony wants to see her return in some capacity... I dont want this to turn into a 'trixie fanclub' thread.

Pfft! Don't be a neiiiiighsayer, Ash!

mlfw3237-1330629501769576.jpg

You know who really needs more face time? Luna.

Pfft! Don't be a neiiiiighsayer, Ash!

-trixie pic-

You know who really needs more face time? Luna.

*Sigh* I dont want to address Trixie because half her fans want her back as some kind of hero or even love interest for Twilight, and the other half want her to become the recurring villian...

But yes, Luna! I'd like to see more filly luna (102) also :)

This is probably obvious coming from me, but I want more Gilda. :)

I would LOVE to see another 'best young fliers' competition where Dash has to go up against Gilda, complete with flashbacks to their days as 'friends' (on that note, if you've not you might want to look at the 'When we were young' PMV about Dash and Gilda)

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see another 'best young fliers' competition where Dash has to go up against Gilda, complete with flashbacks to their days as 'friends' (on that note, if you've not you might want to look at the 'When we were young' PMV about Dash and Gilda)

That sounds like an awesome premise for an episode. It needs to happen. :D

*Sigh* I dont want to address Trixie because half her fans want her back as some kind of hero or even love interest for Twilight, and the other half want her to become the recurring villian...

I have faith that if Trixie came back, it would be as a benefit to the story that would make sense, and not as the fanon goobledegook you're describing.

It would be interesting to see more Gilda, but I personally think she's a shallower character than Trixie was. The fact Gilda has history with RD doesn't really deepen her character, at least in my humble opinion. I'm sure the one that Phil RPs is much more complex.

I have faith that if Trixie came back, it would be as a benefit to the story that would make sense, and not as the fanon goobledegook you're describing.

Dont forget the issue with the Mare Who shall Not Be Named, that was 2 minutes of fanservice... I could see a cold openeing that has nothing to do with the series showing Trixie at the end of her performance doing a trick or two, saying goodnight and going backstage saying to herself 'yep, still got it!'

Of course, discounting that, I do agree, based on what we've seen thus far, she would be integrated properly into the story in whichever manner (I can see her as a heroine (well, more an antihero, type II or III), I even begrudgingly admit I scripted her as one in 1 story I came up with, though I think she's much more likley a villian)

It would be interesting to see more Gilda, but I personally think she's a shallower character than Trixie was. The fact Gilda has history with RD doesn't really deepen her character, at least in my humble opinion. I'm sure the one that Phil RPs is much more complex.

I think most of the 1-shots are very simple, after all they're really just plot devices. Though I do think Gilda (and trixie) have potential to be well-rounded and fully-fleshed-out characters... I also don't think we'll see that... especially after the fans screamed for luna then got their panties in a twist over Nightmare Night... And with the above-mentioned incident as well... I'd be surprised if they try it again unless its absolutely integral to the plot...

Personally, I was hoping for a return to Appleoosa so we could see Braeburn Sheriff Silverstar, Chief Thunderhoofs and Little Strongheart again. Maybe holding an Apple Family Reunion there would be nice!

:D:D:D:D:D

Sapphire Shores had a great episode revolve around her, but she was in only one scene of it. Her voice is wonderful, and I would love to see more. I want to hear her sing too. I like that she has relatively tame coloring as far as her mane, hair and eyes go, but they still made her look stunning.

There are others as well, but none so desired as her.

Although I' "like" to see more "One-shot" characters reappear, I feel that we should "leave" Hasbro and Studio B to do what they do best. The whole "Derpy" outcry in the fandom is still annoying me to this day.

If we were to have Trixie return, it would be the SAME EXACT situation. Except for not "mental retardation", it would be something ELSE that is completely ridiculous. Just the Derpy appearances in the background is enough. Maybe they've got episodes PLANNED that have the characters you'd like to see?

Now don't get me wrong here, I'd like to see some characters make more appearances. But just, remember this from now on guys..

Be careful what you wish for.

You just might get it.

Although I' "like" to see more "One-shot" characters reappear, I feel that we should "leave" Hasbro and Studio B to do what they do best. The whole "Derpy" outcry in the fandom is still annoying me to this day.

If we were to have Trixie return, it would be the SAME EXACT situation. Except for not "mental retardation", it would be something ELSE that is completely ridiculous. Just the Derpy appearances in the background is enough. Maybe they've got episodes PLANNED that have the characters you'd like to see?

Now don't get me wrong here, I'd like to see some characters make more appearances. But just, remember this from now on guys..

You just might get it.

We can always wish or wonder out-loud who should pop up in the show, but not get too upset if it doesn't happen...Honestly I would like so and so to appear, but I've also been happy how they've been playing with our expectations so far..

And Discord. If he counts. Definately Discord.

I personally am hoping that since he was just "sealed away" instead of banished/destroyed/etc that he's going to be released again either by the Bigger Bad that Faust hinted at, or to combat said bigger bad (after all, Discord did NOT want to *destroy* equestria, so if someone shows up that DOES want to destroy it, then it would be in discord's interest to stop them.)

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I don't like Trixie that much. I didnt lik her when I first watched the episode she appears in and I didn't even like the episode as a whole all that much. I felt like the whole time twilight should have just showed her up sooner and it wouldn't have contradicted the moral at least I don't think. To me she just as a character she was a little too annoying. (oh dear , trixie fans have mercy on me ) , I think Luna deserves another episode but maybe this time with princess celestria in it. and I also agree with the point DashieInThe Dark made

You just might get it.

Oh duh, you know who all need to return? Madame Laflour, Rocky, Mr. Turnip Bucket, and of course Sir Lints-a-lot. I know Madame Laflour made several appearances in Baby Cakes already, but I could stand to see more of her!

mlfw2777-132897741675.gif

Sorry to say rosewind but madame le flour was killed for a baby's entertainment.This happens in countrys all over the world where bags of flour are treated poorly.Only you can stop Flour brutality......*cough*

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I don't like Trixie that much. I didnt lik her when I first watched the episode she appears in and I didn't even like the episode as a whole all that much. I felt like the whole time twilight should have just showed her up sooner and it wouldn't have contradicted the moral at least I don't think. To me she just as a character she was a little too annoying. (oh dear , trixie fans have mercy on me ) , I think Luna deserves another episode but maybe this time with princess celestria in it. and I also agree with the point DashieInThe Dark made

I -like- Trixie, but I'm not sure what her goal was. So far, pony-peeps like Flim & Flam, Iron Will, etc were in it to make money and Gilda was there to visit an old friend and make trouble. Trixie was there to entertain, but she seemed to spend most of her time insulting or making fools out of the citizens of Ponyville, which probably wasn't the smartest idea, considering she was by herself, and there was probably more than a few ponies with access to buckets of tar and feathers...

I -like- Trixie, but I'm not sure what her goal was. So far, pony-peeps like Flim & Flam, Iron Will, etc were in it to make money and Gilda was there to visit an old friend and make trouble. Trixie was there to entertain, but she seemed to spend most of her time insulting or making fools out of the citizens of Ponyville, which probably wasn't the smartest idea, considering she was by herself, and there was probably more than a few ponies with access to buckets of tar and feathers...

I just tonight in fact read an interesting fanfic that painted Trixie as a huge showpony, she LOVED the spotlight, she LOVED entertaining, discounting that she would mess up tricks and get bad reactions she LOVED being a stage performer. I think this is a pretty good interpretation of her goal. (And unlike many other fics, she did see she was doing things wrong - but it didnt make that radical of a change in her, just sort of took the edge off her bark so to speak)

I just tonight in fact read an interesting fanfic that painted Trixie as a huge showpony, she LOVED the spotlight, she LOVED entertaining, discounting that she would mess up tricks and get bad reactions she LOVED being a stage performer. I think this is a pretty good interpretation of her goal. (And unlike many other fics, she did see she was doing things wrong - but it didnt make that radical of a change in her, just sort of took the edge off her bark so to speak)

wow thats just weird, because i JUST got finished reading a twixie (twilight/trixie) shipfic a half hour ago. its like bronies have a psychic link lol