General Minecraft Thread

One that isn't about servers. This is just a place to chat about Minecraft whether it's Survival or Creative, doesn't matter. You can ask for help about items, talk about mobs, whatever. OK, I'll start off with a topic. The mob you hate the most.

For me, it's skelotons. I can never find enough Spiders to make a bow and then I have to find a lot of flint to make arrows to fight them with. This is pretty much whay happens, I'm mining in a cave and it's peaceful and silent. Then, I hear a bow and a skeloton shoots me. Makes me jump every time.

So, as a starting off topic, what mob do you have the most, feel free to change topic (as long as it's Minecraft) whenever you want. Let the chat begin!

Well, mob that we hate the most...I bet I can speak for alot of ponies when I say the mob that I hate are....creepers. Not much of a surprise there but...jeeze. It's not fun to build up a huge structure, admire it for a little while, then have it blown to bits by a four-legged, green stick with a cube head right after. Another thing that is annoying is walking around a corner in a cavern then run face first into one. :-| Makes me jump halfway from my seat to the moon when that happens. But, oh well. That's why I always carry a bow with me. :smug:

then I have to find a lot of flint to make arrows to fight them with.

Flint takes time but is easy, just keep placing gravel and using a tool to break it, I litearlly just go upwards with a full stack and dig down over and over, usually get about 5-10 flint each time. Now that the world's height limit is increased you can do higher and get more each time. What kills me is getting feathers, chickens take so long to grow and they tend to drop 1 feather each time...

Well, mob that we hate the most...I bet I can speak for alot of ponies when I say the mob that I hate are....creepers. Not much of a surprise there but...jeeze. It's not fun to build up a huge structure, admire it for a little while, then have it blown to bits by a four-legged, green stick with a cube head right after. Another thing that is annoying is walking around a corner in a cavern then run face first into one. :-| Makes me jump halfway from my seat to the moon when that happens. But, oh well. That's why I always carry a bow with me. :smug:

And now they can spawn in caves within explosion range! I lost like 2 stacks of iron and 10 diamonds thanks to that!

I once found an above ground dungeon within the first minute of creating a world. I loored it and then was well off for survival for two days.

Also, I use creative mode a lot more these days. I keep trying to make adventure maps, and then I end up scrapping them. Right now I'm trying to make an open world adventure map featuring the Custom NPC's mod.

About the creepers. That's why when I'm buiding something that isn't a house just with a bed, crafting table, etc, then I turn it on Peaceful. I only build stuff to admire on Creative. ;-)

Anyone else noticed strange drops now? I build a zombie farm and so far I've collected 2 iron swords, an iron helm, an iron shovel, and an iron ingot... O_o

To troll creepers:

Get them to follow you.

Make a 2 deep, 1 block wide hole in the ground.

Have it fall in.

Cover with a block.

Leave it there for eternity.

:)

Ha! I have to try this sometime :lol:

Hm, could you put a pressure plate on top and make it some sort of landmine?

So many possibilities...

Ha! I have to try this sometime :lol:

Hm, could you put a pressure plate on top and make it some sort of landmine?

So many possibilities...

You could also put a gravel block connected to a block connected to a piston over a 1 x 5 deep hole, and have a monster activate the pitfall by standing on a pressure plate.

I love redstone. :)

• 1 month later...

Now that it's on the Xbox, I play it a lot more, and with split screen, I can play with my younger brother, and get things done faster. He actually refers to himself as "the Blacksmith," because he's the one that always runs back to the house to get more tools and stuff when we run low. I like to call him "the gofer," as in "go fer som more picks and shovels!"

• 3 weeks later...

I want to join pony servers and make some pony art or make a survival server with fellow bronys, itl be epic!!!

I want to make stuff like a full size derpy like my profile image for some reason it wont let me post the derpy image i found.

you can also go to google and look up "minecraft pony art" to see what i mean

• 5 months later...

I can't believe how hard I had to search for this thread.

HELLO FELLOW MINERS!!

Oh what a game. I can't get enough time to play it.

So with the recent update to 1.4 I am trying a new style of play. My SOP is to find a cave and live in a cavern, slowly expanding it until it resembles the Mines of Moria. This time however, I've decided to go for a more overworld approach. For the first time in my time with the game (since just before Beta) I'll be building my castle fortress.

(Going to post in here because I've been playing a lot more lately.)

I like living in villages and protecting its denizens. XD

My favorite seed has many different biomes and villages and a few ravines and temples. Very fun :3

As for multiplayer, I currently have a wooden cabin out in the forest in the server I'm in. I haven't joined a town, but I frequently go over to visit others. XD I'm kind of bad at using those splash potions in arenas! Also trying to build a hedge around my home using oak leaves.

I'm not very good at organized farming, but I have everything I need, plus an abundance of chickens and a couple sheep in my home. All is right with the world. :I

Anyone mind telling me that those beacons are good for?

I sadly do not know, I am stuck with pocket for now, but Appliance, come the end of April I should have a Tekkit server up and running. You are, of course, welcome to join, but a forewarning is that it's also going to have young kids on it.

(Going to post in here because I've been playing a lot more lately.)

I like living in villages and protecting its denizens. XD

My favorite seed has many different biomes and villages and a few ravines and temples. Very fun :3

As for multiplayer, I currently have a wooden cabin out in the forest in the server I'm in. I haven't joined a town, but I frequently go over to visit others. XD I'm kind of bad at using those splash potions in arenas! Also trying to build a hedge around my home using oak leaves.

I'm not very good at organized farming, but I have everything I need, plus an abundance of chickens and a couple sheep in my home. All is right with the world. :I

Anyone mind telling me that those beacons are good for?

Beacons are like infinite potions. So long as you're within a certain number of blocks, you'll catch the effects. The larger the pyramid you've got them on is, the wider the area of affect.

If you want more villagers, add more doors to the village. Doors are the key to villager breeding.

Beacons are like infinite potions. So long as you're within a certain number of blocks, you'll catch the effects. The larger the pyramid you've got them on is, the wider the area of affect.

If you want more villagers, add more doors to the village. Doors are the key to villager breeding.

Of course, you need a minimum of 9 diamond blocks plus the beacon itself to have it work.

It's definitely an endgame item.

I sadly do not know, I am stuck with pocket for now, but Appliance, come the end of April I should have a Tekkit server up and running. You are, of course, welcome to join, but a forewarning is that it's also going to have young kids on it.

I'm, uh, great with kids?

:I

we will frolic in meadows, dodging creepers

I knew about the villagers, but thanks. Also, all potions, or is it just random ones?

I'm, uh, great with kids?

:I

we will frolic in meadows, dodging creepers

I knew about the villagers, but thanks. Also, all potions, or is it just random ones?

You probably won't be saying that once they start asking for OP :razz:

Also only 6 potion effects at the moment - Speed, Haste, Jump Boost, Resistance, Regeneration and Strength - and even then you need a really big beacon to get most of the effects like so:

WIP_Block_GUI.png

(Beacons are complicated and not worth the headache)

I was also wondering how many of you use the Tekkit, Technic or other mod compilations? My lady and I personally use Tekkit to play with a friend and I've dabbled somewhat into Mo' Creatures and Thaumcraft on Technic. I enjoy the machines you're able to build in Industrialcraft and it always warms my heart to see the Buildcraft engine pumping away. Yay industry! :lol: ... and agriculture (I'm addicted to cross-breeding. Such pretty plants :blush: )