the thread of rage

sevofthesands

this is a thread i am starting just to vent about stuff that frustrates u such as : life, school, work, that jerk across the street, something about the site that annoys u. whatever this is a place to vent

heres my vent for now: itseems to take forever to get my first app approved mabye its just me but it bugs me none the less.

thats it

agin if you have anything that frustrates you about ANYTHING IN YOUR life just vent here :D

Pony rage:

Rainbow does not get enough songs! She needs to sing more often! (though I get the feeling it's probably even harder on Ashleigh Ball to *sing* as Dash since just talking as her is a strain)

Non-Pony:

I hate term papers, they get in the way of more important things like Ponies, sleep, ponies, games, ponies, writing, and of course ponies! (lol)

Pony rage:

Rainbow does not get enough songs! She needs to sing more often! (though I get the feeling it's probably even harder on Ashleigh Ball to *sing* as Dash since just talking as her is a strain)

Non-Pony:

I hate term papers, they get in the way of more important things like Ponies, sleep, ponies, games, ponies, writing, and of course ponies! (lol)

You forgot ponies.

I don't rage, I go berserk

Remind me to never upset you...

Rage? My parents have no idea how to do music so they have to call me over to do all of their iTunes stuff >.<

I spent the last 3 hours on importing songs they don't even like and had to watch them delete half of all the stuff they downloaded, most of it being my music :-(

What i rage about? well, my stuff breaking for no reason for one thin, and the fact i"m the computer guy in my house has a few drawbacks. my parents always come to me for help doing taxes and stuff like that.

Related to the show, i guess i don't enjoy how little episodes seem to focus on rainbow dash. She my second favorite character, next to twilight, but as twilight's in nearly every episode, and rainbow isn't really in that many

Pony rage:

And yet she manages to have the best song.

Pony rage: Visiting my parents this weekend. I'm not concerned much about hiding the show from them but I'm not going to take up the TV to watch it, plus I probably will be doing something anyways. I'll have to wait longer for ponies

Yay! Venting time! Put on your protective goggles everyone! I'm about to let off enough steam to power a train around the world! :evil:

I hate stupid customers! not all customers mind you, a majority of customers are either very nice or just indifferent... it's the STUPID ones i can't stand! Why do they always seem to want Fast Food?

We had a woman come in claiming she had a call-in order. we didn't have anything under her name so we asked what number she called. it was the one about 10 minutes down the road. turns out it was a $100 order. We explained that she had t ogo to the other store to pick it up, but she said No... She expected the other store to cancel her order (Which was already made and ready, which would mean they would have to throw out $100 worth of food) and have US make it instead... The manager basically said 'We can't do that, that would be a huge waste, you gotta go to the other store" she went on some rant about how she couldnt go because she had to drop off her daughter somewhere for work before going to her job... By the end of the discussion, our manager told her to go ahead and drop off her daughter while SHE (the manager) drove down to the other store to pick up the order for her... if she had actually gone to the RIGHT store, or CALLED the right store, she wouldnt have gotten into the situation!

Another story (this one's more funny actually,) we had a woman in drive thru tell us she had a coupon for a 'free chicken sandwich'... We dont have coupons for just a sandwich, but we do have one for our meal deals, which includes a fried of grilled sandwich meal. we asked her which one she wanted, and every time we asked all she said was "Just a REGULAR CHICKEN SANDWICH, Tomato only!" Finally we asked her to pull up to the window so we could figure it out. i was voted to go and see what was up. she handed me the coupon and said "You need to teach your employess how to speak english!" I looked at the coupon and then looked back at her "Ma'am, this is a coupon for Chik-fil-a" .... Wait for it... she looked me dead in the eye and yelled, "AANNND?"... i just looked at her and said "Ma'am, this is Zaxbys..." she snatched that coupon and drove off so fast it made my head spin.... funny, but still, being rude to us because she can't figure out what restaurant she;s at...

And i hate people who dont know what the buck they want! They order one thing, i hand it to them and they try to tell ME that i gave them the wron food. "This isn't hot sauce!", "Well, it's our tongue torch sauce, which is our regular hot". "NO! This is regular! I wanted HOT!". "Sir, our sauces are Wimpy, tongue torch, nuclear and insane, we dont have anything called 'hot', i told you this when you order' "NO!" And whatnot... again, i can understand a customer making a mistake, but you can't blame me because you dont know what our sauces are... And those people who whine about paying for extra sauces, ARGH! let's see, where's my caps lock button?... aha! here it is... ahem... YOU JUST PAID $8 FOR CHICKEN, FRIES, AND A DRINK! IF A QUARTER IS TOO DAMN MUCH FOR YOU TO HANDLE, THAN YOU HAVE WORSE PROBLEMS THAN NOT ENOUGH SAUCE! IT'S NOT FREE, IT COSTS MONEY! IT COSTS US 24 CENTS JUST TO MAKE THE DAMN CUP SO WE ONLY EARN A PENNY FROM THE PURCHASE! WE'RE NOT ROBBING YOU WE'RE JUST PAYING FOR OUR SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN EAT HERE!"

and the people who don't listen! Gah! If a cashier asks you a question, they HAVE a reason! Usually because the computer is set up so they can only go one step at a time... if they ask you what size drink you want, what sauce you want, what kind of whatever you want, it's usually because the screen is asking them that, and they can't move on with your order until the have an answer. and when you ignore them and blabber on or deliberately say 'hold on, i've got to order this in my own order' you screw up their steps and risk having your order made incorrectly because you refused to answer a simple freaking question!

And don't just ramble on about your order, take it one thing at a time, especially if you have a complex order. you dont know how well trained that person is, give them time to get things done one at a time. in drive thru i can understand a bit because you can't see them, but still, one thing at a time, pause between orders so they have time to finish. but if you're staring them in the face you have no excuse not to wait. you can watch them and see when they're ready for your next bit. Slow the buck down and give the noobies some time to adjust, especially when it's YOUR FOOD on the line!

Whew... okay, i think i'm good... thanks for making this topic! i needed a moment to vent... :smirk:

With service industry jobs, you either develop as a social whiz or becoming a quivering, broken hater of humanity. It can be very frustrating business, but I've found that there are just as many very cool customers as there are ones you want to stab in the eye. The cool ones (especially the tippers) tend to get discounts, better service, and better product. I work as a barista while I'm going to school, so believe me I know!

---Stuff-about-food-service---

AMEN! I worked food service for several years in college and I can tell you that your not alone, I read through all of those going 'yep happened to me too'

I got a good one for you though, ever had a customer get so mad that they throw the food back through the window at you? I dont mean hand it back, I dont mean shove, but throw it so hard it hits the wall some 6' away and breaks open! (After they ordered the wrong thing too, not our fault)

Oh the stories I could tell... glad I'm out of it, and I pray I dont have to go back...

With service industry jobs, you either develop as a social whiz or becoming a quivering, broken hater of humanity. It can be very frustrating business, but I've found that there are just as many very cool customers as there are ones you want to stab in the eye. The cool ones (especially the tippers) tend to get discounts, better service, and better product. I work as a barista while I'm going to school, so believe me I know!

Oh heck yeah, the good customers i always treat nicely and make extra certain that their food is correct, and if at all possible, out more quickly. I would give them a free cookie or soemthing, but our managers are very strick on food... so i just sneak them some extra sauce every so often, hehe...

Although i say we're strick on food, at my old store we had one guy who wanted fingers dipped in teriaki sauce, and have blue cheese crumbles instead of the ranch that came with it... he would sprinkle it ontop and just eat it like that. he came in pretty often and always asked for the same thing, so we would see him waiting in line and have it ready, with the blue cheese sprinkled on top just like he liked it, even though it wasn't somethign we were suppose to do... Awesome guy.

Again, good customers exist, but the bads ones are still fun to rant about, hehe....

AMEN! I worked food service for several years in college and I can tell you that your not alone, I read through all of those going 'yep happened to me too'

I got a good one for you though, ever had a customer get so mad that they throw the food back through the window at you? I dont mean hand it back, I dont mean shove, but throw it so hard it hits the wall some 6' away and breaks open! (After they ordered the wrong thing too, not our fault)

Oh the stories I could tell... glad I'm out of it, and I pray I dont have to go back...

i dont think we've had someone THROW their food at us yet... i might not have been around, but so far it hasnt happened....

Let's see, i got another story. We had a old OLD couple come in often, always grumpy ad rude... to be honest, after their first few times, whichever cashier saw them first would find an excuse to leave and run to the back, making the other person take the order... They always ordered the same thing, but they never used the proper name for the meal, they always tried to order it with a side salad with oil and vinager, which we dont have, and which we always tell them we don't have.. they always mumbled and if we asked them to speak up they would put their hands together to amplify their voice and yell at us. they always want crackers which we dont offer unless its for a salad bar order (Really big salad for parties,etc) but they still demand it. and one time we watched as the old guy hocked up a loogie and spat it into our garbage can... and missed...

Yeah, I don't think I would last very long in that profession without murdering someone or intentionally ruin their food.

I never have the time to.... plus i figure they'll only come back if their food isnt EXACTLY how they ordered it... but again, it's not ALWAYS like that... usually it's just regular people trying to get some food, no big isaues on a daily basis...

You make a good point, it's just that I have a low tolerance for other people being moronic when it comes to ordering or in other tasks. I explain things in exacting detail and people still ask me redundant questions!

You make a good point, it's just that I have a low tolerance for other people being moronic when it comes to ordering or in other tasks. I explain things in exacting detail and people still ask me redundant questions!

ah, well, than you may not want to go into fast food... I've memorized about a dozen speeches to answer questions that i get on a daily basis... What are your wing sauces? What's the difference between X and Y? blah blah blah... plenty of people will ask you on a daily basis...

Very few times I gone mad at people, later I feld bad with myself... Not my way I supose...

I never get mad at their face, i simply smile and be as polite as possible, i'm actually a very polite person...

ah, well, than you may not want to go into fast food... I've memorized about a dozen speeches to answer questions that i get on a daily basis.

Yeah, although as a waiter/server I'd be better off as I am a very polite and nice guy. In fact, I've been told that I am too nice. Well, if I am such a nice guy, why am I still single? oh that's right, I DONT EVER LEAVE HOME! Unless I absolutely have to.

Yeah, although as a waiter/server I'd be better off as I am a very polite and nice guy. In fact, I've been told that I am too nice. Well, if I am such a nice guy, why am I still single? oh that's right, I DONT EVER LEAVE HOME! Unless I absolutely have to.

****, are you my clone? o-0

I've been told i'm too nice too... in fact one of my managers told me the reason he didn't think i'd make a good assr manager was because i didn't have the 'eff you' attitude that is sometimes required of a manager... kind odd...

Hi I'd like a dark chocolate triple-shot soy mocha half-decaf with a shot of hazelnut, steamed to 140 degrees with light non fat whip and caramel drizzle.

(If i knew anything about being a barista...) *tap tap tap tap* Yes ma'am, and will that be all? *starts flipping stuff around and pouring them into a cup... (or however it's done, hehehe....)

I don't feel like it's my place to rage about anything, really.

If the suffering people around me don't complain about the little things in their day, then I won't either. :blush:

I understand what you mean... I figure there are people who are worse off than i, and yet they don't complain about it... it makes me feel bad to complain when in comparison, i have it so good... i mean i complain about my job a lot, but some people would be grateful to have a job... it mkes me feel a bit selfish at times...

But still, it's good to vent out your anger and frustration... letting it bottle up isnt healthy, and sometimes it feels good to vent out some frustration and anger...it's like keeping a diary, or talking with your friends, just some way to release some pent up emotions...

• Like 1