The Dash Suit

Rosewind

This reminds me of the uh... shoot, what was it called? Ah, the Uncanny valley, where you have a graph with extrememely styalized on one end and realistic on the other, and as you more more toward the realistic the appeal goes up, but then there's that point where it's not quite real enough to look 'real' but styalized enough to make it look... strange...

Yeah, this is at the bottom of the uncanny valley... very creepy... doesn't look enough like Dash to look cool, but looks enough like her to look... weird...

A for effort though, i would have never gotten that far into making that... but i think that it looks too much like a human in a suit rather than Rainbow Dash... all i can see is two people in a blue horse costume. maybe if they used a wire frame or foam blocks or something to stretch out the fabric so it didn't quite look like loose fabric hanging around the legs it would improve it a great deal... then have the head fixed so it doesnt look like fabric and it more solid it would look a lot better... but it just looks too loose and flowing for me to feel like it looks good...

Again though, considering the time and effort they must've put into this, this is really good.

• Like 1

But it would have to be up to Rarity's standards

...considering "dragon quest" that just means you need to stick more gems on it... Rarity's standards seem to have gone downhill...''

As for my thoughts...

The only thing that really bothers me is (1) all the excess fabric on the neck, it should be somehow tucked in or slipped off. and (2) the mane/tail look a little too wavey and from this angle I cant tell if the colors are right or not. Really for an early try it's not bad at all, and bonus points given for making it a quad suit.

Creator is not on this forum, but I could link her...

If you do, I want to make it clear that I wasn't really making this thread to poke fun at it, and in fact would even wear said Dash suit.

Though I have to agree with Foxy -- it's at the bottom of the Uncanny Valley by the way it's stylized.

Either way, if you think it may incite drama or bad feelings for the original designer, I'd prefer you just lock this thread now out of respect for her.

Hey guys! [:D] Well, I know she looks kinda creepy. Considering she was my very first quad-suit, and she was made from scratch in 4 days Sooo....Eh I'm proud of it. I used the cheepest stuff I could. Mind you I'm not exactly a brony either, I watched a very funny music video of MLP and went ...LOLS IMMA MAKE A PONY! ..So I did. I built her on my much skinnier friend too.. (ohh yeah bad move.) It made her belly far to skinny when I put her on, and her front legs to thin. (In addition before I made it to the con a kid ripped her butt internally a bit so the butt now sags a little in those photos, where as before she had a much nicer round butt like the MLP Toys.) All in all,I know she needsa update, but eh. She's been permently stabled.. or put out to pasture.. how ever you wantto say it. In the end I was going for a 2D pony in a 3D world. (Sorta like a old school MLP toy) I think it was ok in the end, keeping that in mind. And no worries guysI am not offended by any comments. I nither love her nor hate her. I stand in the middle somewhere. All that matters to me, is that I had a lot of fun playing in her for the weekend, made many kids and adults laughed smile, and laughed inside when i scared the beegeezis out of the other adults. LOL. Peace out guys and god bless [^_^] ! [=)] -Danielle (The Awesome/Horrible Rainbow Dash quad-suitbuilder)

:P So there you have it!

Wow, I'm impressed they were able to build that in just four days. It takes me a couple weeks to make a dress. I can't imagine how long it'd take me to make a suit like that.

I will have to say it is just a little odd, proportions and all. But overall, I think it's pretty neat.