[Unicorn] Motion Paradox [Final]

• 3 months later...

Hello there. :)

I like what I'm seeing in this app so far and I think you're well on the right track. There are some areas that might, however, need a second look.

The big, big thing with this app is these animated shows she both saw and in the future hopes to direct; I'm going to assume that you mean these would be something like television programs? Equestria is not our world and one of the ways that this is most clear is in the difference in level of technology. Simply put, Equestria is seen to be a simpler place with less of a need to technological solutions and advancements, and what they do develop is often different from what we might have. You can read our board lore on pony technology levels here. One thing you'll notice it says ponies don't have is television. We never see the characters in the show watching TV or any real TVs pictured; it's pretty safe to say its not something that is much of a fixture in Equestria if it exists at all.

Now, I know there is that "old-fashioned" (though as far as we know it could be modern for the ponies) cartoon played on the film projector at the beginning of Hurricane Fluttershy. From that, it might be safe to extrapolate that there is some rudimentary form of film animation out there, but if that scene is any indicator, it's not very impressive or reliable. That said, I think it would be entirely safe for comics to exist in Equestria, so having her be a comic artist as a profession is more than acceptable. Actual animation, however, just wouldn't be a big thing in Equestria yet, so I'm really not sure there's much room for the character to explore that field.

That is the central issue with this application, but there are a few other areas where it could be expanded or improved. You don't tell us anything about Motion's family background other than allergies being common in her family. What were parents like? What kind of family situation did she have growing up? You don't have to spend much time on this point, but it does help us get a feel of the character's background. Character history in general seems kind of glossed over. The cutie mark story is limited to a single one line "she saw this and wanted to emulate it". You might want to tell us more of why whatever it is that happened struck such a powerful chord with the character.

Furthermore, you skipped a crucial field in the application, the "Origin/Residence" field, so I don't even know which city in Equestria she grew up in or lives in currently. You say she learned a lot of things other ponies might not know but didn't have a lot of common experiences, but you avoid going into the specifics of what that means exactly. You also mention hobbies, but you don't tell us what they are or why she enjoys them. You could also tell us a little more about her job, what she likes about it and how popular/successful she is. All in all, it's kind of hard to get a good idea of the character's overall history from the application even though you do give us a pretty good idea of what her personality might be.

All that said, with a little refinement, I imagine this app should be quick to get approved. :)

I think you're very, very close now, but there is still one issue.

I see you've selected for your pony to live in Ponyville. We kind of like to discourage users from selecting Ponyville for their pony's place of residence. Too many users have wanted to put their ponies there, and since our World of Equestra RP strives to offer a full, expanded world of Equestria for ponies to explore, we like to encourage users to live elsewhere. In the World of Equestria RP, Ponyville is just one place; a small town, not so remarkable from any other really. If you need help finding a location, I would suggest looking here for a list of our approved World of Equestria Locations. Additionally, you may want to indicate where the character was born.

Other than that, I don't see much in the way of issues with the application now. Your app should be ready to pass along to a Senior RP Helper soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...