Just a few (actually lots of) questions about OC attributes.

MidnightBlaze

Right, where do I begin.....

(Pretty much all of these questions are combat-related, and if that doesn't happen here, then that is fine. Just make sure to tell me.)

1) Is your OC pony allowed to carry any weapons with them? I know that this place most likely tries to stray from the grimdark, but what about, say, sentimental value? Or if your pony frequently travels to dangerous areas of Equestria? If not, that is fine, I am willing to edit my OC if need be. I know this may be allowed in cases of guard ponies, but is it allowed in other cases?

2) What about scars? Are they acceptable? I know this is kinda not the theme here, but I'm just making sure what I can and can't do here when making an OC.

3) Are combat spells a no-go area or can this be implemented into a character? Say, if that character's "ability", shall we say, has somthing to do with a combat-related spell or a defensive spell?

And finally.......

4) Is your OC allowed to have any relations (friend-wise) with canon characters without knowing the person that RP's as them, if at all?

Thanks for your time, anypony who would answer my questions would be a big help to me when making my OC acceptable. No-pony likes to be shot down.

1) Is your OC pony allowed to carry any weapons with them? I know that this place most likely tries to stray from the grimdark, but what about, say, sentimental value? Or if your pony frequently travels to dangerous areas of Equestria? If not, that is fine, I am willing to edit my OC if need be. I know this may be allowed in cases of guard ponies, but is it allowed in other cases?

Ardent Fate is just one of the ponies in RP that carries a weapon. However, please be reasonable. Remember that these are ponies, and they fight by holding their weapon in their teeth (unless said pony is a Unicorn), not in their hooves. Also keep in mind that a sword is going to be too heavy for a foal, and likely a burden on a colt/filly.

2) What about scars? Are they acceptable? I know this is kinda not the theme here, but I'm just making sure what I can and can't do here when making an OC.

Again, be reasonable. What is the scar from? How did they survive the ordeal?

3) Are combat spells a no-go area or can this be implemented into a character? Say, if that character's "ability", shall we say, has somthing to do with a combat-related spell or a defensive spell?

Generally, Unicorns are limited in their spells. All Unicorns can levitate objects, but other than that magic is generally limited to a Unicorn's special talent.

4) Is your OC allowed to have any relations (friend-wise) with canon characters without knowing the person that RP's as them, if at all?

Nope! In fact, you're not allowed to have any prior relationships with Cast characters. You're allowed to meet and interact with them in Roleplay, but nothing at all prior.

Wow, thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Now, in regards to the whole magic thing, what if the ponies job coincides with knowing a few more spells than average? I know that may not be allowed as an excuse to pretty much know every spell, but my OC's "job", if you will, is, well.......... testing spells. I know it's kinda silly, but Twilight does it, right? And I'm sure there are ponies with at least half of the ability that she has, at least I presume. My OC is a bit bookish.

And about weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for a middle-aged colt to carry a shortsword, right?

Also, forget the whole scar thing. I was just testing my limits here. My OC does not have a scar.

Thanks anyway. This feedback will really help me in refining my OC to suit the needs of the forum.

As a side note, what if I post my WIP OC, but want to change it? do I have to wait untill I make my completed version until I make the changes? Thanks.

As a side note, what if I post my WIP OC, but want to change it? do I have to wait untill I make my completed version until I make the changes? Thanks.

oh gawd if that were the case I'd have taken years for some of mine with all the change I went through! WIP means it will change, its once you mark it "FINAL" that you stop making changes :)

Now, in regards to the whole magic thing, what if the ponies job coincides with knowing a few more spells than average? I know that may not be allowed as an excuse to pretty much know every spell, but my OC's "job", if you will, is, well.......... testing spells. I know it's kinda silly, but Twilight does it, right? And I'm sure there are ponies with at least half of the ability that she has, at least I presume. My OC is a bit bookish.

Hmmm... that a bit of a tough one. It sounds alright right now, but I'd probably have to see it in the Application to give you an accurate answer. However, it could be interesting if the character constantly mixed up the failed and successful spells, so anything he cast rarely went right. Just a suggestion. :)

And about weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for a middle-aged colt to carry a shortsword, right?

Sounds okay.

WIP means Work In Progress... so it means that you're still working on the character. Of course there will be changes to the app! :P