Persnickety [FINAL]

Twimsy

Roleplay Type: FIM Equestria/Show "Mane" Roleplay

Name: Persnickety

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Orange

Coat Color: Muted brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Celeste - or rather, a very bright variation of sky blue. Somewhat choppy with long bangs, but otherwise unremarkable.

Physique: Thin, but healthy.

Cutie Mark: A pony head-shaped mask, halved into both happy and melancholy expressions.

Origin/Residence: Stalliongrad

Motivation: Persy dreams of the day she might be able to become a true actress, instead of reciting lines over and over in her bedroom mirror.

Likes: Plays, music, exotic lands and varying cultures, traveling, rain, snow and rainbows.

Dislikes: Brash individuals, writer's block, rejection, feeling isolated.

Character Summary: Persnickety may first come off as somepony who's stuck up, cold-shouldered and blunt. On the contrary, thereis a warm heart behind icy exterior. Those who do get along with her will find the trustworthy mare within, somepony who remains honest and loyal to those she makes strong bonds with. They might even find her bouts of eccentricity and dry humor entertaining. It's just the events that have frozen that warmth over that seem to make it difficult to get along with the young mare.

Ever since she was very young, Persnickety lived up to her name - a fussy pegasus, always striving for perfection in all that she did. Perhaps it was because of the high expectations that her parents had set for her, but whether it be in flying, academics or what she loved to do - acting and writing - she always strove to better herself, no matter how much she improved.

The night she'd acquired her cutie mark was the night she nailed the lead role in a play at school. Teachers, parents and students alike praised her for her wonderful acting. Grateful though she was and wonderful though it felt, she still felt as if it was not nearly as good as they'd said it was. She needed to do more. She needed to perfect her talents.

When her schooling was complete, it wasn't long before Persnickety was out and about, looking for acting troupes to join. She auditioned for several, before the constant failures disheartened her enough to give up. Her acting was far "too stiff and too practiced," they'd said. In her constant fussing, she'd inevitably become what she was trying to avoid.

Fast-forward some time to the present. The mare found herself moving to the cold city of Stalliongrad, living as a shut-in in a small apartment, writing freelance plays every rare now and then and, effectively, singing for her supper. The life of a starving artist, until she can find a way to carve her own path in the world...and break that horrible habit of nitpicking herself to death.

2dmgpy9.png

• Like 1

I like this character design. You've put a lot of depth and room to grow. In DnD or WoW terms, you're starting her off at level 0, and it's up to her to make her place in the world. Looking forward to meeting this fine mare somewhere in Equestria... :)

Thank you kindly, mate! 'u' I'm glad she seems like sort of a "blank slate" in the way of possible conflict and all that. And definitely! Here's hoping she'll be millin' around, bugging other ponies real soon.

Omg... the character design is amazing! Might I ask how you managed? A mix between freehand, and pony generator, perhaps? I like I like.

Thank you! ^^ And yes, you basically hit the nail on the head - her glasses, hair and cutie mark are freehand in SAI, and the rest was pony generator.

Thank you! ^^ And yes, you basically hit the nail on the head - her glasses, hair and cutie mark are freehand in SAI, and the rest was pony generator.

See, that's how I want to do Bass, but every time I think about it, I don't have my sketch pad.

LOVING this character. Well developed, and ready with a clean slate. Makes you very versatile in the long term!

Aww, shucks. Thank you! I'm glad so many people like her and think that she'll be versatile. I'm hoping so! ^^

See, that's how I want to do Bass, but every time I think about it, I don't have my sketch pad.

I know how it goes. Inspiration strikes at the most awkward moments. :T

Well, I'm thinking Bass might have to scope out some of her work in the future.

Definitely! I'm sure she'd be happy to offer her services. Hopefully. xD

The joys of playing a snarky fart of a character.