Dumb Question - What is a blog?

Think of a blog like a journal.

I use it to mention important events in my life and to chronicle my progression of my art and writing.

There's no such thing as a dumb question.

Oh, but I beg to differ. We had a physics professor at University who always encouraged others to speak what's on their minds and ask questions, as he said there are no dumb questions. So, I'll quote a little story.

Once one of students from a group raised his hand, but lowered it at once. Prof noticed it, and kept encouraging to say whatever he had to say. It was like: "But please, your questions are more than welcome."; "Nooo... I've changed my mind."; "But I insist, after all nothing wrong will happen"; "But this is a stupid question..."; "There are NO stupid questions, go ahead."; The student gave up, and started speaking: "Well... in this case. You see, there was always one thing that kept budging me. It was about the trams (the ones which move via the rails/electric wires). I was wondering... if you'd step with one leg on one rail, and other leg on second rail, then grab the wires with your hands, would you go forward or backward?". After he finished, the prof became blank staring at him for a second or two, and called for 5 minutes break, walking out. He returned after 5 minutes with coffee and smile on his face and said: "Dear students. I always considered that it's never late to learn new things in our lives. Today, I've learned one from you. There ARE stupid questions."

But this wasn't a dumb question here. To some certain point in my life, I also kept wondering what are blogs for. And finally when I understood, I resigned. I've decided it's more like a diary. Writing stuff which bothers you, connecting this with ideas, sharing thoughts. Forum is just about enough to me for doing that ^^