OC connected by... non-OC's?

Volt

My first OC, Unity Ring, studied under the eyes of elder goldsmith. That was how he earned his experience.

Now, my second OC, Ardent Will, is intended to wear ceremonial armor at every occasions. I thought it would be nice if I could connect those two with some bonds, so I came up with idea that this armor might have been crafted by my first OC. But, after revising things, I understood that in current state, Unity wouldn't have time to craft that armor at this point.

So I've found different solution. The armor would be crafted by the same pony under whom Unity studied his arts. Unity would be an assistant to that process, so it would give those two a link at least. My question is:

Would I have to post an another OC approval for Glitberg (The one under Unity studied and would craft an armor for Ardent) if I'm not willing to ever bring him to life to be honest? Just leaving him as a background pony?

Snap, yes, but this would mean I'd have to do two similiar OC's (as Unity studied UNDER him), and come up with a different story on same occupations to be honest. This would be quite hard, that's why I'm asking if it's necessary. I'll just wait and see what others think about it too :/

Wouldn't like to get my ideas spoiled, but I have some negative feelings towards the answers unfortunately.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's fine if you don't app him.

Much as is commonly done with a pony's parents in apps, you can reference pony characters in an app even if you don't intend to play as those characters. I have three siblings I play as, but I've yet to write apps for their parents, even though I mention them in all three apps. This seems vaguely similar to that.

Of course, I could be wrong. :blush:

I'm not going to hide, this would be a relief. Writing a second similar OC would be quite... well... disturbing, harder and most obviously, boring. But truth is I just want this Goldsmith to be *somebody* who appeared in their lives in PAST, but will not appear in present or future. Only in memories, if so.

Yes. Glitberg would be what is known as an NPC (Non-playable character). Like Phil said, people reference parents of their characters all the time, but never app for them because they don't use them in RP aside from a few mentions. You can throw around names all you want, you only need an Application if you plan to use the character to, well, Roleplay.