That Important Announcement thats watching me.

I just heard about your troubles guys... I don't know why Hasbro is picking on YOU when there's so many MLP sites out there. Maybe cause of the name Canterlot?... I know they said the images but... maybe that's how they found this place and are using that as an excuse or something. Like they wanted to use canterlot.com for something and now they're having a hissy fit.

I worry about the state of other pony forums and pony sites now... what will become of the fandom now? :(

If it is for april fools (which I forgot about completely), it is well done indeed, because Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a legit UK law ma-jigger.

Julia Runnacles is also legit, shes VP of the UK hasbro legal dept.

Please let this be a fake.

Edited by DrMaxwell

I'm just going to throw this link out there http://www.freshfiel...ons/uk/offices/ and point out the difference between 1HS and 1HT and let everyone draw their own conclusions based on the address in the letter... If this is a joke, well played. Not funny, but well played... and leaving some a bit teary eyed. Expect the worst and hope for the best. Joke, please?

Of course it for April Foals day.

"The famous" Is too casual for a Law thingy that won an award in 2008.

It only refers to them as a 'cartoon' despite the fact they are a franchise

"Please confirm to me" despite the letter referred to itself as "we"

Silly ponies.

Just Artax being pranky.

Ya know, that place is based in England and so is he.

Holmesian deduction.

*Blows pipe

Honestly, I don't think my enjoyment of the site would go down appreciably if it were purged of all images, video and smileys.

But for the sake of the peoples here that would be sad, I wouldn't mind if it were a joke.

I got caught, I'll admit. There are a few subtle things pointing that this is a prank... but I'll only breath easier once I get confirmation.

I loves me a good April Fool's gag, and I got caught by this one. :) Very well done. The one suggestion I'd make to improve it would be to declare it an April Fool's joke at the end, so as not to leave folks scared - the letter should finish off with "This letter does not purport to be a complete statement of the facts or the law and is without prejudice to Hasbro's legal and equitable rights on this, the first of April, also known as April Fool's Day.'

Yeah, it's a very elaborate April Foal's Day prank.

What gave it away is the fact that even in England, the post doesn't run on Sunday.

And besides, were that letter genuine, this website would already be DOWN!

Nice one, oh rules of Canterlot.com!

Pinkie Pie would be proud!

:D:D:D:D:D

Good one guys :P I said to myself earlier today "Oh, you know it's April Fools today. Don't trust anything"

Then I went and trusted this for like... half a sec... o_o Ya got me :3

Two of the big tells that gave it away to me, was that the site was up... and the announcement wasn't posted in the announcements as well. By putting it on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, those of us who never bother to read the announcement forum, would pretty much have to click this :P