That Important Announcement thats watching me.

The notice is now gone.

Hope you all had a happy April foal's day.

If you enjoy visiting Canterlot.com, if you use one, please ensure we're added to your ad-blocker's exception list.

to ensure we can continue to pay for the server as this is ONLY paid for through ad-revenue.

We ONLY use Google Adsense who, I feel, have the least obtrusive adverts with zero pop-ups etc. So your support is appreciated whilst we keep Canterlot.com running and free. In google's terms of service I'm not allowed to tell people to click the occasional ad, but ad clicks are what keeps this board running. Server's gotta serve.

(Notes:: monthly costs are supplemented by myself & donations are reserved solely for competition prizes and purchasing mods for IPBoard etc, not for upkeep)

In google's terms of service I'm not allowed to tell people to click the occasional ad, but ad clicks are what keeps this board running.

Funny part is that I realize that one.

*Starts smashing all advert buttons around*

Less funny part is that even though you know it, you rarely care.

*Cannot find much ad buttons to be honest*

ll

\/

And that's the surprising part.

*Cannot find much ad buttons to be honest*

ll

\/

And that's the surprising part.

That's because you're a donator... so you'll see hardly any ads. XD

There may be one or two lurking around the board that Donators can see... but not many.

That's because you're a donator...

Well that's an open discrimination!... ...

*Suddenly feels an inner urge to donate more*

To be honest, I would, if not the fact that in those two months I've encountered severely increased expenses.

...shesh. Life's cruel.

Well, last night I thought it was pretty funny and decided to go with it, thinking that even if the joke only got me for 5 minutes, I could get it to last a little longer on someone else. Sadly, I now realize the joke is on me, because of 53 notifications XD

• Like 1

Oh come on guys, you knew you were supposed to play along! Sillies, ruining all the fun >.> Good job, all you pranksters trying to prove it was true, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie would be proud, Canterlot :D

inorite? I hate it when I have a good April Fools joke planed and someone has to be like "OH ITS APRIL FIRST!"... it's like "Darn, I worked so hard D:"

But yeah, I thought it was funny. Although I would have taken it a step further, and changed the site THEN showed the letter. ..

also didn't know you guys had ads here, I disabled adblock even though I don't visit much.

soo just in-case (sorry for derailing) if I click on those links above (which I assume are ads) you get money for the site upkeep? if so.... *starts clicking franticly*

seriously though, if it does, I'll click on them once in a while :3

EDIT: *epic facedesk* sorry about that stupidity up there, I only just noticed the ''ads by google'' bit. I feel so stupid lol.

I pegged it as an April fools within a minute of reading it, but I didn't find it one bit funny.

Every-pony knows that we've been unbelievably lucky with what we've already gotten away with.

It would only take one legal type at Hasbro getting a case of acid reflux from eating one too many executive lunch, and the hammer would come down. Yes it would be unbelievably stupid, as by shutting down fan sites they'd be basically ripping away at least 40 to 50% of their potential merchandising base, but how many wonderful, creative ideas have been crushed into non-existence because some executive type with a huge car to compensate for the tiny dimensions of his... horn... deciding that they must show their authoritah by doing something, if the idiot bible belt mothers against everything don't decide that because ponies can cast magic they are evil and the work of the devil... Remember Derpy Hooves.

It's rather gallows humour, like the one that shows the people outside the White Star Line offices asking for news of their loved ones, and amongst them a sad polar bear asking if there's any news of the ice-berg.

if the idiot bible belt mothers against everything don't decide that because ponies can cast magic they are evil and the work of the devil... Remember Derpy Hooves.

A good prank is one that is thoroughly believable, but I agree the joke wasn't very funny because of how real the threat of such a thing exists.

As for the "idiot bible belt mothers" comment, we have no real way to prove if it was that (stereotyped) group that took issue with Derpy. Remember this is a culture of love and tolerance, and blaming one group for something with little information to back it up doesn't suggest an educated opinion on the subject.

I don't think you should be so quick to sling out stereotypes, such as the one you just described. As you are also a furry, I think you can appreciate and understand the point I'm trying to make here.

As for the "idiot bible belt mothers" comment, we have no real way to prove if it was that (stereotyped) group that took issue with Derpy. Remember this is a culture of love and tolerance, and blaming one group for something with little information to back it up doesn't suggest an educated opinion on the subject.

Wonderfully put. I think part of what this fandom can do is stop negative behavior as we and even someday our children grow up. Sometimes the message of love and tolerance really does need to be put to us in the way MLP does.

I didn't actually figure out it was a joke until someone told me later, but I assumed it might not be as I didn't see a whole load of topics started up about it. It went away early enough in the day for it to not really be terribly frightening, and honestly, good job for the best April Fools prank I've seen in a while.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm sorry, I shouldn't accuse without proof. To be honest, I didn't like the original voice on Derpy. If they'd kept the new voice but the original dialogue I'd have been happy.

However, I am old enough to remember the public outcry about roleplaying being all about demons and therefore evil. There are people who will latch onto anything popular and vilify it, if there's any possible way they can twist it to their own cause. But you guys are right.

It was a very well put together prank. It was just the heart stop moment I got when I first saw it was no fun. If people remember things like 'Beadles About' or 'Candid Camera', I suspect if someone pulled it on me, I'd go for that smug announcer, horse, foot and marines.

I like how it all came back to Derpy XD

And yeah I think it was just a few people upset about Derpy who were just really loud. I'm sure they were all bronies at some level... I seriously doubt any parents would watch MLP and find Derpy offensive at all.. unless they find Snails offensive too.

However, I am old enough to remember the public outcry about roleplaying being all about demons and therefore evil. There are people who will latch onto anything popular and vilify it, if there's any possible way they can twist it to their own cause. But you guys are right.

You dont have to be old to remember that insanity, it's still kicking around today, I still find those horrible Chick Tracks in places... and lets not forget how Harry Potter is sending everyone to Tartarus! :D