Twimsy's Sketchpad

Twimsy

If it wasn't in the thread that all of us were in over in Free-For-All, then it was probably in the Dusty's Pub thread. I think those were the only two times she butted heads with Pocket. :U

Then again, I could be wrong. I had my itchy fingers in like a million threads back then.;;;;

I'm reading the dusty's pub thread. Oh my goodness, these conversations are HILARIOUS.

Hey! He called her Newsworthy. Pocket is really really bad with names. Really.

Someone help help, I'm drawing a ponysona that I've been thinking about for ages.

ftd1f9.png

She is too shy to come out just yet. She also needs a cutie mark and a name. I was thinking Patchwork, but...hmmmm.

Hmmm. I'm sensing a theme in your characters. :geek:

Lemme throw some ideas at you.

Sprout. She's a small, but a young adult earth pony. Generally friendly, but pretty shy. Very good with plants. Her CM is a seedling. (And this ties into her mane-cut)

Nightingale. Pegasus pony. Gifted with an incredible singing voice, but stutters like mad when she tries to speak normally. Cripplingly shy anywhere but when she's on stage. (Reverse stage fright!). Her cutie mark is an Nightingale. (If you saw the movie, "A Mighty Wind", I was picturing Eugene Levy's character.)

Ginger Heart. Adult Earth Pony. Lives with two foals, one male (Salt) and one female (Peppa), twins in Ponyville. Recently lost her husband to the Changeling attack in Canterlot. An incredibly gifted chef and artist, she combines these talents to make some of the more unique meals in Ponyville. Owns a restaurant, and while very intelligent and strong-willed, she never had any real business sense. Her husband usually handled the less-fun financial aspects of running the business, but without him, she will have to take up both reins if she is to keep her business afloat. Was mentioned in "To Brave the Everfree". Pocket Change was her husband's cousin and was visiting her and the kids to help out with some things. The foals refer to him as 'Uncle Pocky'. Her cutie mark could be a ginger root shaped into a heart.

This is what i have so far....

xD I really have no idea why so many of my characters have glasses. This one has an excuse, being that she's a 'sona, but...derp.;; Her hair, I've come to realize, was also absent-mindedly based off of an old TF2 fancharacter of mine. Quite possibly the most moe medic you could ever hope to meet, but anyway.

FFFFFFF, those are all such adorable and creative concepts. ;O; The idea that I had for this one was that perhaps she runs a bed and breakfast somewhere - she likes cooking, cleaning, sewing and being generally motherly, so she is quite a bit like the last one you mentioned. And Ginger Heart is an adorable name. Hmmmm...

EDIT: Well, here she is, in all her chubby little clydesdale glory:

2cy1i6e.png

I still need to give her her cutie mark, obviously, but that's her in general. I'm really digging the color scheme.

• Like 2

Dwaah. She's really cute. And ofcourse, all moms in Ponyville have that mid-western "Why doncha know" accents. Now you just need to draw the kids. Ever do foals before?

I actually had some ideas for her outside of Canterlot, so I may just try to take this little lady another route. What? Tumblr? No, you're crazy. Hrm...might call her Sweet Pea, or Heartfelt.

And I haven't drawn foals before, no! But I probably should work on getting the hang of them, too. fffffffff I actually have a million things I should be drawing.

xD I really have no idea why so many of my characters have glasses. This one has an excuse, being that she's a 'sona, but...derp.;; Her hair, I've come to realize, was also absent-mindedly based off of an old TF2 fancharacter of mine. Quite possibly the most moe medic you could ever hope to meet, but anyway.

FFFFFFF, those are all such adorable and creative concepts. ;O; The idea that I had for this one was that perhaps she runs a bed and breakfast somewhere - she likes cooking, cleaning, sewing and being generally motherly, so she is quite a bit like the last one you mentioned. And Ginger Heart is an adorable name. Hmmmm...

EDIT: Well, here she is, in all her chubby little clydesdale glory:

2cy1i6e.png

I still need to give her her cutie mark, obviously, but that's her in general. I'm really digging the color scheme.

HNNNGGGG. I WANT TO HUG HER! So adorable, I love it.

HNNNGGGG. I WANT TO HUG HER! So adorable, I love it.

You know if you did, she'd probably make a 'squeaky dog toy' sound. :kissy:

As for you Hammer-boy, was re-watching "Stare Master" while getting ready for work today, and I chuckled at SB's "Who wants a picture of a hammer on their flank anyway?" and I pictured your OC standing outside of Fluttershy's cottage, when a single tear falling from his eye. Poor guy. :wail:

• Like 1

She may or may not have a foal, I'm not entirely sure yet. xD;;

And here, I oops'd some non-pony art.

tumblr_m5vzqhb80U1rpfedjo1_400.png

I really like drawing in this style. A lot. It takes little effort and the results are pretty dang kawaii. :T

Working on a million projects at once - one being a matryoshka hoodie, which I'll try to post pictures of when I finish it. Another is something I'm 99.9% done with, I just need to find some way to make the background for it transparent so it can go on an ask blog I'm making. :P Yesanotherone.

2my3l7b.png

Thems is my monster characters! I have a whoooole slew of world-building stuff written up for them, but since I really don't have the time or patience to do a full-blown comic, I figure doing a blog for them would be the next best thing. :B