Summerfall [Final]

Solaria

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Summerfall

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Emerald

Coat Color: Bright Gold

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane and tail are a deep wine red, both of them kept long but styled into rather complicated spikes for her mane and a slightly jagged look for her tail.

Physique: Rather fit from dancing and flying all the time, she's of normal height for most ponies

Cutie Mark: A dark cloud broken by shafts of sunlight

Origin/Residence: Cloudsdale

Occupation: Member of the Weather Factory's Atmospheric Phenomena Division

Motivation: Currently, to have as much fun as she can.

Likes: (optional) Clubs, dancing, flying extremely high, sunsets, loud music

Dislikes: (optional) Lack of things to do, pushy ponies (even though she can be one herself)

Character Summary: Summerfall was born to a non-descript family of weather factory workers in Cloudsdale. Her mother helped to make rainbows and her father was on one of the teams to create clouds and the like. Fall's brother was a fairly resilient flyer in Flight School, but was still only a little above average in that respect. From her early lessons, it seemed the young filly would be no different. She could fly well enough, but nothing like the ace gliders that already swam through the air effortlessly. It didn't really bother her, the jobs her family did were just like those of many other pegasi: necessary and sometimes fun. It wasn't really required to be a fantastic flyer.

Summerfall had always loved sunsets, however, and made attempts to watch them whenever possible. On one particularly stormy day full of fretting over cloud production and tying down necessary equipment by many of the factory workers, the gold foal had sat in her fluffy home and watched the wind swirl and the rain obscure everything. As the end of the day arrived, she noticed several small beams of sunlight breaking through the thunderheads. It was beautiful and she wanted to see more, but knew she couldn't fly high enough to pass the storm. Despite this, the image stayed with her.

As she got older, Summerfall fell into factory work like the rest of her family, usually helping with mixing rainbows as she wasn't delicate enough to create snowflakes, and she became extremely bored and unproductive with cloud work. It was all the same, day in and day out. One night, however, a friend invited her to a club for dancing and dinner. The pegasus had never been to one of these nocturnal party hubs, and was amazed to see other pegasi that she knew to be rather bland during the day shouting and dancing their hearts out to the pulsing beats.

When the filly asked her friend about this, the response was a laughing "No pony has to act exactly how they look, Fall. It would be boring if they did." It was amazing for the auric pony to realize that she had come to think that way. Determined to have a new outlook, she partied the rest of the night away with reckless abandon.

For months after she worked on her flight endurance, forcing herself to go higher, to stay in the air longer before exhaustion. It was a long time, but the weather finally presented her with an opportunity again: a sunset breaking through storm clouds. With an eager grin the pony strapped on her flight goggles and took off into the tempestuous skies above. Before long, every wing beat was a struggle against the might of nature, but her training paid off. She emerged into a beautiful, golden skyscape above the roiling clouds below. It was so breathtakingly beautiful that the pegasus hovered there until the last wink of the sun fell below the horizon. As she landed back at her house in Cloudsdale not long after, her cutie mark sparkled into existence, both reminding her that not everything is as it appears and that with perserverance one can see beyond the obvious and reach their goals, just as she had reached the sunset beyond the storm.

Having heard stories of her personal exploit and display of aerial stamina, the weather factory now sends Summerfall to catalogue the mysteries of the upper atmosphere in relation to possible replication. The work is more unpredictable than the rainbow work, but it suits her just fine. She often visits other cities and is seen in their clubs at night, her newly-tinted flight goggles reflecting in the mesmerizing lights of the raves she so loves. No longer does she judge a book, or a pony, by their cover.

(Haven't received any indication as to whether an Atmospheric Phenomena division of the Weather Factory was okay or not, so I left it in. If it's not okay, let me know and I'll edit)

(Haven't received any indication as to whether an Atmospheric Phenomena division of the Weather Factory was okay or not, so I left it in. If it's not okay, let me know and I'll edit)

I would think it is fine, it isn't any different than the other Pegasus jobs: rain, cloud making, rainbows (which *is* an atmospheric phenomena), snow, etc.

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png