W&D S01EP22 - A Bird in the Hoof

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice the clock at the beginning?

Fluttershy says that her date she's late for is a brunch in Celestia's honor.

Who serves brunch at 4:00pm?

Also, when Fluttershy tries to feed Philomena(sp?) the medicine, she says "Always works" and looks in the direction of the 3rd person. I think this is the first time any character has ever said something directly to the audience.

fluttershy3rd.png

Also, when Fluttershy tries to feed Philomena(sp?) the medicine, she says "Always works" and looks in the direction of the 3rd person. I think this is the first time any character has ever said something directly to the audience.

fluttershy3rd.png

there are a lot of references of Pinkie breaking the 4th wall already, although i cant really remember when

Pinkie Pie actually was directly talking more or less to the audience at the end of the pilot episode second half when the screen was closing around her...and I'm pretty sure Spike was 'partly' addressing the audience with regards to the lack of a 'nickname' for Twilight in Bridle Gossip. As stated above, there's been a LOT of these throughout...:)

Pinkie Pie actually was directly talking more or less to the audience at the end of the pilot episode second half when the screen was closing around her...and I'm pretty sure Spike was 'partly' addressing the audience with regards to the lack of a 'nickname' for Twilight in Bridle Gossip. As stated above, there's been a LOT of these throughout...:)

well, yes it's easy to address like PP did at the end of the pilot. And in Spike's talking about Twlight's horn, 5 other ponies were in the room. It was just odd that in the middle of an episode, Fluttershy looks towards the screen, when she and Philomena are the only characters in the scene, unless you want to suggest that the other cottage critters are watching all of this.

it'd be cool if they, in future episodes, used this small element to create a little more fun out of the story.

nuCgiIs4VAs

Note: I am not suggesting that the show be more candid, like the office, as in "Surf's Up" (good movie, though). I'm just thinking about simple things, like when Twilight asks Spike who he's talking to, and he says "Them!" Only it's not background ponies...

Pinkie does a similar "4th wall" break at the end of Swarm of the Century (Plays a trombone tune while staring at the audience) and Over a Barrel (She stops the circle fade out to tell the audience that resolution was her idea in the first place).