W&D S01EP22 - A Bird in the Hoof

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you have it all you people who wanted a Phoenix. You got one, and it's a glorified parrot.

Poor Fluttershy, trying so hard to make it better.

And Twilight should not be allowed to help the sickly... "oh she will" -forces soup- I feel bad for Spike when he sheds his skin being a reptile and all. Twilight will put a cone on him.

Poor Fluttershy. That face at the end could melt the coldest heart.

Also, Twilight should never be allowed to handle anything living.

This one was rather interesting because the writers did a good job hiding what could've been a rather obvious literary device. When it got to the fountain scene, I immediately realized what this was all about with the bird being what it is.

Anyways, this one also surprised me because I never thought I'd see Fluttershy steal anything. Ever!

I enjoyed the references in this episode.

Angel as the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

The chase scene with Benny Hill chase music

A Scoobie Doo running through all the various doors scene

Also enjoyed Pinky being completely random, or was she being avant garde? Just out of the blue smashing a pie into her face and then dipping her entire head into the chocolate fountain, and even stealing Celestia's cupcake! As if she is saying "I don't care if this is Princess Celestia's party, Imma going to have FUN!! DA PINKY WAY!! NOW GIMMIEE!!!"

Also, lol, did Celestia do some god trolling with that tea cup!? :P

Poor AJ at the table. D:

Dash being awesome with the funny faces, a thousand animated GIFs were launched with that scene!

The figuring out her bird was a Phoenix was rather easy, depending on how much you know the myth, you could figure it outreally early on. Also a single name drop, bleh. Other than that, this episode was decently funny and good.

Egad Fluttershy almost cried... Don't make Fluttershy cry! D:

I really love this episode! There really hasn't been an episode I haven't liked! And really, any episode starring Fluttershy is always adorable. I just want to hug her, is that so wrong? ^^

I always enjoy watching the live streams of the episodes. The quality tends to be crap, but the reactions of fellow bronies are just precious.

Early on, we decided the princess' bird was not a Phoenix, but a Derpix.

Also, when the Princess' guards showed up to Fluttershy's cottage multiple bronies said, "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" I thought it was funny. XD

Poor Fluttershy. That face at the end could melt the coldest heart.

Also, Twilight should never be allowed to handle anything living.

Yes, this! Watching Fluttershy cry has to be one of the most heart-breaking things one could ever witness. :C

I dunno. I think Twilight was actually being decent with animals. I know cats and dogs can really put up a fight as far as taking medicine goes. I used to own a cat that got really, really good at spitting out pills or liquid medicine. We'd have to hold him in all kinds of creative positions and stick the medicine pretty far back in his throat for him to swallow it.

I think Twilight was actually being pretty good about the animals, having taken care of some really sick ones of my own.

Wow, so much to talk about in this one, definitely one of the better episodes so far imo. My only gripe is that the plot was extremely predictable. The moment I saw the empty bird cage I knew exactly how the episode would end aside from the phoenix thing( I thought it would just be some rare foreign bird that's naturally supposed to look dumb and sickly).

I like that we finally get to see more of Celestia interacting with the characters, hopefully there will be more of that next week.

And yeah, I "Dawwed :(" out loud when Fluttershy caught the bird ashes, she just looked so heart broken. @^@

Also does anypony else think Celestia might actually be ruthless dictator? I mean Mr./Mrs. Cake were tending to her every whim like their lives depended on it. Even Twilight, the character closest to her, thought Celestia would disown and sentence her to exile.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Alice in Wonderland reference. ^^

I love this episode; guess that's no surprise though. I think my favorite part was Celestia tricking Mr. and Mrs. Cake with the tea. Not to mention the fantastic animation. Also, Fluttershy. That is all.

People DO go overboard serving Royalty in Real life though...mostly because it's all about the etiquette.

This was mostly trying to parody/demonstrate that fact and really shouldn't be taken as anything more as a jab at cultures reactions to such things overall. ANYONE dealing with important guests can get carried away...it does happen.

As for Twilight - she's not very 'Social' smart despite her regular intelligence...this was why she overzealously reacted that way.

Also does anypony else think Celestia might actually be ruthless dictator? I mean Mr./Mrs. Cake were tending to her every whim like their lives depended on it. Even Twilight, the character closest to her, thought Celestia would disown and sentence her to exile.

I thought they were being that way because they just wanted *everything* to go just right. It is like having the queen of England suddenly announce she is going to have a gathering at your pub. You are going to be really paranoid and uptight about everything being perfect and attentive to her every whim because you want the awesome publicity of pleasing the queen. It doesn't matter how nice she really is either; she can be the most benevolent, kindest queen ever, but you are still going to act that way around her as her hosts because of the spotlight.

Yeah, pretty much that - Important guests prompt CRAZY levels of perfectionism...

Celestia was far too polite to turn down what they offered...mostly because they were all being sincere about it.

I knew they were just really worried about etiquette, I just joking about Celestia being a dictator.

Also just noticed a minor animation error, near the beginning when Mrs. Cake starts speaking to Celestia she has Mr. Cake's CM (3 mini cakes) instead of her's (3 cup cakes).

Omg omg omg, I seriously got a little teary-eyed when Fluttershy started to cry! ;A; I swear, if she ever cries on the show I'm going to lose it.

I really liked how they pulled a Harry Potter moment in this episode! That was great! I just know that's what happens to folks who see a phoenix at the end of it's life cycle. The design for the phoenix's reborn form is just PERFECT! All in all, a super cute episode! I pretty much lost it in a fit of giggles every time that bird *POIK'D* out a tuft of feathers!

"no, it was my fault!... wait, what are we talking about?"

oh Pinkie,you are sooooooo random

Celestia being cool to everypony is just awesome.

when Rainbow Dash was trolling the guards i swear to god i thought it would develop Simpson style when Homer was mocking that navy guy in Australia XD

needs moar grumpy-faced Angel

The design for the phoenix's reborn form is just PERFECT! All in all, a super cute episode! I pretty much lost it in a fit of giggles every time that bird *POIK'D* out a tuft of feathers!

this and this, best laugh with Phillamina (how on earth do you spell that thing??) was when Fluttershy got her on the bathtub. that one was overkill :P

when Rainbow Dash was trolling the guards i swear to god i thought it would develop Simpson style when Homer was mocking that navy guy in Australia XD

I am glad I am not the only one who thought that; now that would have been hilarious. XD