[Ponyville]Moving in (open)

IceStorm

Ice Storm didn't know what she was going to find when she got to Ponyville. From everything that she had heard of the place, it sounded just like the place that she was looking for. A place that was small, and filled with enough ponies that were humble and nice that made everyone want to stay and never leave. The more she thought about it though, the more that she thought the concept was too good to be true. As much as I would like to believe there is a place where everypony is nice, and doesn't care where you were born, the only thing I've ever seen is the very opposite, Ice Storm thought to herself.

The train ride itself to get to Ponyville was rather boring, and the longest two hours of her life. The car she was in was completely empty except for her, and she wasn't sure if she should be happy about the fact that there were no ponies in the room to be rude to her or degrade her as the Canterlot ponies had, or if she should be worried about the fact that no one else wanted to go to Ponyville. After a bit of thinking though, she realized that most of the ponies in Canterlot wouldn't want to go to Ponyville anyway considering their self-centered snobbiness. They would probably do nothing but degrade the other ponies there, as they would apparently any pony not from Canterlot. This appalled her greatly, and she was glad that her friend had suggested that she leave. Truth be told, if she did stay in Canterlot any longer, she could have very easily done something that she would have regretted in the long run.

She moved over to one of the windows to watch outside as they traveled through the heartland valley, and looked at one of the maps of Equestria that she had. She didn't realize this before, but she would have had to of come right past this area when she went to Canterlot to begin with. She found herself dumbstruck to the fact of how she didn't notice Ponyville when she came by here the first time. Maybe it was really as small as she had heard. Slowly her hopes for the village grew. Maybe I can finally make some friends that won't be embarrassed by hanging around me, she thought.

At the end of the two hour ride, she was a bit achy and irritable. The train was definitely faster than walking here, but the ride itself was not to her liking. She got off the train though without any sort of fuss or complaint and grabbed what few things she had. It was only one Saddle bag at this point, but she hoped that she would soon be able to find something here. She was more worried about the fact that the train ride here had taken up most of her bits for her ticket. "Perhaps coming here with absolutely no money, no work, and no place to stay wasn't such a great idea after all. Maybe I should have come here sooner and looked over everything first," she said to herself making her way out of the train station. What she saw amazed her. Her eyes went wide with amazement as she instantly fell in love with the layout of Ponyville, at least of what she could see. She only hoped now that the ponies here were as nice as she had been told. An audible gurgling came from her stomach, and she checked her saddle bag to see how many bits she had. Ten... well... hopefully that will be enough to get me something small at least. No way I'll be able to afford an inn though until I find work or a place of my own.

Dunder Blust was flying over the Everfree forst on his way back to Cloudsdale. I wonder if I should stop at Ponyville.... I guess I could, Cloudsdale isn't TOO far away. He instantly leaned forward to dive down, barely skimming the top of the Everfree trees. When the treeline stopped, he flew down even further as he flew over the rooftops of the Ponyville buildings. He leaned back and flapped his wings in one powerful swipe to brake. He hit the ground pretty hard, still, but he was okay.

There he stood in front of the cafe that he visited every time he visited Ponyville. They sold milkshakes, hot chocolate, sandwiches, cakes, and various other treats. He trotted in and sat down on one of the tables. The waitress came over and handed him a menu. He took it and scanned through it, there was an empty seat across the table.

Ice Storm glanced around Ponyville. Her stomach making all kinds of wierd sounds was notthe way to make a good first impression on anypony here, and her eyes were searching for anythign that looked like it could be a diner. Since she knew that she wasn't going to be getting an inn any time soon, and at the very least the weather looked nice. She coudl see a well kept park in the distance, seemed like a perfect place to spent an evening. That is, as long as the weather during the day holds for the rest of the night as well. Glanceing around a bit more she found a sign that said cafe. "Oh, perfect! Just what I was looking for! Hopefully they aren't expensive!" she said to herself, trotting over to one of the tables that were sitting outside. There was a menu sitting on one of the tables, and she decided to see what they had. Everything was reasonably prices, but it still looked like she would only be able to afford one item. Everything sounded so good though. The daffadil and daisy sandwhich, the hay fries, and the other assortments of items sounded amazing.

Ice Storm lowered the menu for a moment to think, and Right there at the table across from her was a light brown pegasus. Oh yay one of the residents of Ponyville. I wonder if they are as nice as my friend said, she thought to herself watching him. Then again... what if they aren't and I came here for nothing... she finished in her head as the waitress came over to her and asked if she was ready to order. "Not yet I'm still deciding. I would like a water while decide though please," she asked and the waitress nodded. Ice storm decided that she would take initiative. After all, she was the new pony here, how was she going to make friends if she didn't open herself up. She politely waved a hoof at the other pegasus, "Hey! I have an extra seat over here if you'd like to join! It's to nice a day outside to be eating alone!" she said with a smile. She wanted to seem as friendly as possible and make a good impression. That wa at the very least if Ponyville turns out to be another bust, then she could at least said that she tried.

Dunder Blust was scanning the menu for anything new as he heard a voice. For a moment, he ignored it. Not because he was being rude, but because he thought they weren't talking for him. Most of the ponies he knew in Ponyville were the ones who worked at the cafe. After no one responded, he looked over his menu to a blue unicorn. She was smiling at him. He smiled and blushed out of nervousness, "Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were talking to me." He said. He took his menu in his mouth and got out of the seat.

He trotted over to the table with his eyes closed as he smiled. He put the menu on the table and took the seat across from her. HE smiled as he sat down, "Hello!" He said happily, "What is your name?" He asked. He took a quick swing of his water bottle he always brought on a journey

When the pegasus didn't answer at first Ice Storm thought he was going to completely ignore her. Thankfully though before she had a chance to get grumpy at the situation he looked up to her and started walking over to her. He told her that he wasn't sure if she was talking to him or not and apologized. He was definitely polite, and that made Ice happy. It let her know that there were stll ponies in the world that hold manners over origins. The waitress returned with her water and asked if she had figured out what she wanted. Ice nodded, "I'll just take a daffadill and daise sandwich. Something simple." The waitress smiled and went back into the cafe. She then turned to the Pegasus that had just joined her. He gave her a welcome and then asked for her name. "Name is Ice Storm. I just moved here from canterlot. Well, moving. I don't have anything here yet, but it's better than being back in Canterlot that's for sure. If I ever go back, it won't be for a while yet," she said her smile instantly turning to a deep sigh of disgust at the thought of canterlot. "They think they are so high and mighty up there." She stated to make it obvious her disappointment was not drected at him.

"Give me some hot chocolate." Dunder said. He paused for a moment, in thought, "And a hay sandwich." Dunder said. As the waitress began to trot away, Dunder thanked her. He turned to look at the unicorn "Yeah, sorry. I don't know many Ponyville residents, and I thought you might have been talking to somepony else." He smiled, embarrassed. As she introduced herself, Dunder smiled at the blue mare, "Hello, Ice Storm. It's nice to meet you. And I understand. The ponies at Canterlot usually aren't very nice, but some of them are." He said. He had lived in Canterlot for a short while while trying to be recruited into the Royal Guards. "But, I guess a few bad apples spoils the bunch, right?" He said. "But don't worry, Ponyville has hospitable ponies."

The waitress came back with their orders. Dunder pulled out some bits and before she could protest, he paid for both of their orders. He looked at her, "This round is on me. I understand moving is a hard time, so I'll give you a helping hoof. It's the least I can do." He said before taking a bite of the sandwich.

Three ponies were walking through Ponyville. Two were pegasi and one was an Earth pony. They were laughing and joking to each other and seemed very happy for some reason. The earth pony was red. Her mane and tail were solid grey both of which were long and straight. She had blue eyes and her cutie mark was a greetings card. Her name was Gerty Greetings. To the left side of her, stood tall grey winged stallion. His mane and tail were pure white. Both looked short, scruffy and unkept. He had brown eyes and his cutie mark was of a golden heart wearing a stethoscope. He was known as Golden Heart or Dr. Heart when he was working. To the right side of Gerty stood a tall winged mare. Her body was burnt umber. Her mane and tail were long and wavey. They were white with grey highlights. Her eyes were blue and her cutie mark was of a letter leaning against a parcel. She was known as Pixie Parcel.

"And then I caught her and the wedding cake was safe!" Golden Heart laughed.

"Yeah, just barely... But it was so funny!" Gerty Greetings chuckled.

"Wow, sounds like your wedding day was a riot... I wish I was there to see it." Pixie Parcel replied.

"Well, technically you were there. You were inside your mother at the time." Golden Heart spoke thoughtfully.

"Well I'm just happy that you grew up to be a wonderful mare!" Gerty Greetings added.

It didn't take long for the waitress to come back out with the food. Wow, they are fast here too! she thought to herself as she started to reach into her saddle bag for the bits. She heard him say that he didn't know many of the residents of ponyville so he thought she was talking to someone else. "Oh, you don't live here in Ponyville?" she asked till searching for where she had placed her bits. After a bit more rumaging, she managed to foind them, but when she looked up to pay though, she saw the other pegasus was paying her a large amount of bits and the waitress returned to her duties. Ice Storm was puzzled. The Pegasus continued saying that he understood where she was coming from with the ponies of Canterlot. Saying that some of the ponies there were nice, but most of them weren't. "That isn't a joke. I think I was one of the only ponies there that knew what the definition of nice even was. They are nothing but a bunch of Spoiled rich snobs. They think that just because they live in the same city as the princesses, that they are better than everypony else," she finished.

He then explained the reason for the additional payment, and it amazed Ice. This pegasus didn't even know her, and she still didn't even know his name but he was buying her lunch for her. "Why thank you. I can't say that I was expecting that. I'm not used to ponies being this nice," she said using her unicorn magic to lift her sandwich and take a bite. Surprisingly, the sandwich was much better than anything that she had in Canterlot. "I think the chefs in Canterlot need to come here and take lessons. They need to learn that just because it's 'fancy' doesn't mean it's 'tasty'," she told him watching as three other ponies where heading in their direction. Two of them were pegasi and the other was an earth pony. Ice couldn't help but wonder if they were residents of Ponyville, and wondered if they would come over to talk. Whatever they were talking about though, it looked like they were enjoying the conversation. Ice wasn't going to get nosy though. The last thing she wanted in a new town was a reputation for being a pony that constantly stuck her nose where it didn't belong. She figured if they wanted to talk, they would come in their direction. Not to mention she couldn't just go and talk with them after how nice this pegasi had been.

"Well, I said we were going to celebrate by eating out. So, here we are." Golden Heart spoke in a gentle tone.

"You always were such a kind gentleman." Gerty spoke before kissing Golden Heart on the cheek.

"Oh, how romantic..." Pixie Parcel said, as she watched the two.

Pixie Parcel saw a new unicorn in Ponyville. She smiled softly and thought that it would be much nicer, if the newbie got to celebrate her parents wedding anniversary with them, just like she got to even though she doesn't live in Ponyville with her parents any more. Pixie nudged Gerty softly. Gerty looked at Golden Heart. He smiled and nodded. They had all silently decided to include the new pony in their celebration. They looked to the unicorn and decided introductions would definatly be needed before just sitting.

"Welcome to Ponyville... I'm Pixie Parcel. I deliver your letters, but I don't live here. My parents do though." Pixie introduced her self.

"I'm Gerty Greeting's, Pixie's mother... Welcome." Gerty added.

"And I'm Golden Heart, Pixie's father." Golden spoke last.

"And because your new here, we'd like to include you on the celebration of my parents wedding anniversary." Pixie spoke with a smile.

Ice Storm smiled when the other ponies decided to come over to the table that she was sitting at with the other pegasi. She was already happy that so many ponies here were so forward. Ponies in Canterlot avoided her when she first went there. She already felt more like at home here in the few short minutes she's been here than she had the entire time she was in Canterlot. The three ponies introduced themselves. The grey pegasus introduced himself as Golden Heart, the red earth pony introduced herself as Gerty Greetings, and the umber pegasi was Pixel Parcel. Ice Storm smiled right back, and then Pixel said that because she was new to ponyville, they wanted to include her in the celebration of her parents wedding anniversary. Ice Storm's mouth almost dropped in shock at how nice they were. She definitely wasn't used to it, and the fact that they had just asked her to join something so special just because she was new. This was the best decision I've ever made! I'm never leaving Ponyville! she thought to herself before continuing. "Hello, I would be honored to join you for such a special occasion. Back in Canterlot, the last time I was asked to join something was.... well I can't even remember it's been so long. My name is Ice Storm, and I'm hoping to become a permanent resident here," she replied smiling. This was the happiest that she had been in her life. She hadn't even been in Ponyville for an hour and she already had more friends here than she did the entire time she lived in Canterlot.

The three sat down in unison. Each of them had bright smiles on their faces. Pixie wasn't born when her parents got married, but she always celebrated their anniversaries with them for as long as she could remember. She watched her parents sneeked loving glances at each other over their menus. Gerty chuckled and blushed slightly, just like she did on her wedding day. Golden was beaming a smile as he inhaled Gerty's scent. The pair were clearly still as much in love as they were on the day the got married. Pixie stopped watching her parents as she began to casually browse through the menu. Golden Heart momentarily put down his menu because he wanted to keep the conversation going.

"So, Ice Storm, what do you do for a living?" He asked.

"Yeah, what do you do?" Pixie added as she peered over her menu.

"Well," Ice storm started when Golden Heart asked what she did for a living. She had a very small amount of snow cone flavoring left in her saddle bag, so she figured why not show them? She pulled out the flavoring, and one of the paper cones from her saddle bag, and asked the waitress for another glace of water. When she returned, Ice Storm used her unicorn magic to make the water into a powdery snow and pulled it out of the glass, and applied what last bit of raspberry flavoring that she had and offered to one of the other ponies. "I make frozen treats. Snow cones, popsicles, milk shakes, anything frozen I can make, I just have to have all the flavorings for them. I would love to be able to make one for all of you, but I only had enough flavoring left for one. I'm hoping here is a place in town that I can buy more," She told them, "Then I can make enough for everypony. Then the only thing I'll have to do is find a place to stay and find a place to set up shop. That shouldn't be that hard. The first few night's I'm actually planning on staying in the park. The weather looks as if it's going to be decent, and I love being outside at night, so it's the perfect place for me."

"Wow... Everypony likes frozen treats." Pixie spoke with a smile.

"I'm sure you'll have great buisiness... Espicially with all of the foals when they come out of school." Golden Heart said.

"Yes, your going to be one popular pony." Gerty added.

Gerty, Pixie and Golden had all chosen what they wanted to eat. They had all picked the same thing, apple pie and to drink, cider. Golden Heart ordered the food. He tipped the waiter kindly as he brought out the apple pies and the cider. They clinked their glasses together as they proposed a toast, to a long and happy marriage. As they began to eat, Pixie thought that they should tell Ice storm when the real celebration was meant to begin. This was only a lunch out. They had more planned than just that. Pixie swallowed a piece of pie before she explained.

"After our meal, we're going back to my parents place and since your invited, you can come too. We're having a party." Pixie informed her.

"Oh, I would love to come!" She said looking back to the other Pegasus. She felt bad because he was so nice to her, and he's just sat there. She at the very least didn't want him to think of her some kind of snob herself for completely ignoring him for somepony else. Especially since he was nice enough to pay for her lunch for her. "Though would he be able to come to? He was nice enough to pay for my lunch, and I don't want him to feel left out either," she explained.

"Of course he can come... It is a party after all." Golden Heart replied.

The three continued to eat their apple pie. They each savoured the delicious sweet taste that had tantelized their taste buds with it's sweet tart taste. They washed down their precious pie with the equally sweet cider.

Ice Storm finished up her her sandwich, and water and looked to the three ponies. The fact that they had mentioned that she would be on popular pony in Ponyville, especially among foals, because of her frozen treats. It made her loathe the Canterlot ponies even more. She knew that everyone loved Frozen goodies, but everyone in Canterlot was too stuck up to buy anything because it was, "carnival food" for them. she could already tell that she was going to be very very happy here. When they said that the other pegasus could come, she smiled one of the biggest smiles she could. They said that it was party after all. Ice Storm nodded, "Sorry, I'm used to the parties in Canterlot, most of them were invite only, and I think I one got invited once. Though from the sounds of them they would have been quite dull anyway. I hold no respect for the ponies of Canterlot minus the Princesses and The Royal Guard. I've never met any of them, but from what I have heard about them though, they are much nicer than their subjects around them. Which is why I came to Ponyville, to get away from all the rudeness, and their so called, 'sophistication'. If being Sophisticated means I have to have a cold heart and treat every pony like dirt under a hoof, then I want no part in it." She said proud of herself for making it here. "So this party, will there be others there? Even though I said I'm used to Canterlot parties, as in invite only, I never actually got to go to one, so I'm not one hundred percent sure how parts work. She said making an innocently confused, and embarrassed face.

Dunder Blust just sat there. He was just eating his food and drinking his hot chocolate as the other ponies seemed to forget about him. Although, when they mentioned a party and they completely ignored him. Before he could feel too upset, Ice Storm remembered about him. He looked up at her, his eyes were thankful. "Yes, I would love to come." He said and smiled.

"Anypony can join in the fun. That's why we always leave the door open." Golden Heart spoke.

"We like to have fun and the more ponies there are, the more fun we have." Gerty Greetings said as she stared deeply into her husband's eyes.

"Yeah! We're even going to play pin the tail on the pony. There are balloons cake, punch, sweet tasting snacks and all sorts of fun games." Pixie added.

The three of them seemed very joyful. Pixie flew up into the air doing happy barrell roles. Golden Heart laughed happily. Gerty was leaning on Golden and smiling with a great instensity. They all looked at each other and began to laugh.

"You forgot about the late night firework display!" Gerty added.

"Oh yeah... There's that aswell." Pixie replied.

Ice Storm was happy to hear that the other pegasi decided that he would also attend the party. It would have been down right rude of her to go off somewhere else and completely forget the one that had been so nice to her already. She was excited though, Throughout the entire time she was in Canterlot she was only invited to a couple parties, and most of the time they ended in her getting into an argument with the high class, and leaving. When the three described what the party was going to be like, she was only more excited. It sounded like so much fun! And then the fireworks later in the evening made her smile even bigger. She hoped that there would be many other ponies there so that she would have a chance to make more friends. "This party sounds like it would be a blast. I wouldn't miss it for the world. What time will it be held? I don't have anything decent to wear to I'll have to do some shopping first. With as many ponies there as you say, I want to make sure to make a good impression." she commented. It was almost impossible to get the smile off of her face at the moment. Everything here in ponyville just felt so... right

"It doesn't matter what you wear... Having fun is all that counts." Golden spoke with a smile.

"The party starts at three o'clock." Gerty informed them both.

"We hope you both enjoy the party." Pixie added.

The three of them stood up in unison. They looked to each other and smiled like they did the time they had sat down.

"We must get going... We'll see you both later." Golden Heart added cheerfully.

"Okay, I'll make sure not to miss it!" she told the other three ponies. Hmm, three o'clock. That's only in a couple hours. I don't know if that would be enough time for me to get something nice, but I can at least try to get a hold of something. she thought to herself. She turned to the other pony next to her. "Oh this is going to be so much fun! My first party in Ponyville! I just have to make a good impression! Are there any good tailors or boutiques here in Ponyville that aren't terribly expensive? I know they said it didn't matter what I wore, but I still want to look nice," she commented. She really wanted everything to be perfect, but for only ten bits, she knew that was going to be a problem.

Dunder saw them all smile and stand up in unison and all leave. He finished eating his food while the unicorn asked him about any boutiques in Ponyville. He shrugged, "I almost never wear any clothes, and I don't plan on wearing any to the party." He said. He thought it must be a girl thing to always want to wear something fancy, even to a small party. "And there is one boutique, owned by Rarity. But, almost everything is really expensive." And I don't have the bits to pay for anything too expensive like this... He said.

Ice Storm frowned a bit when he said that there was one boutique in Ponyville and that it was really expensive. When he said it was owned by Rarity, she perked up. So this is where the famous Rarity lives, she thought to herself as she tried to think of a name for her business. She didn't know how well it would do starting off, but she was going to at least give it a go. The fact that Rarity was here though made her eager to impress. She always loved trying to impress ponies of higher statute. Granted, she only very rarely succeeded in doing so, but it was everyone else's fault for being so rude, not hers. She gave a small shrug when he said he didn't normally wear clothes. "It's just a habit of mine. I don't normally wear anything other than my bracelets myself normally, but for special occasions I do like to dress up. This being my first party here, I want to make a good impression," she said with a slight pause. "Hmm... Do you think it would be possible to work something out with her? I know she's quite popular, and there is decent talk of her in Canterlot."

Dunder listened as she said that she wanted to make a good impression. It seemed that she still carried bad habits from living in Canteerlot and Fillydelphia. "The parties here, you don't need to worry about impressing any pony. And first impressions aren't the most important impressions here in places like Ponyville. The ponies here are too happy to care." He said, "It's not Canterlot where the only impression is really the first impression. So, I wouldn't worry at all about what I wear if I wore anything. Also, you'd best go ask. Rarity could cut you a deal maybe. Unless you have about 10 bits, then you'll get nothing." He said jokingly and laughed.

Ice's smile turned into a bit of a frown again when Dunder said that Rarity could cut her a deal, but if she only had about ten bits, then he doubted that she would be able to do anything. Said that the best she could do was ask though. It did pick her up a bit to know that first impressions weren't quite as important here. That as long as you were nice it didn't really matter what you wore. She only hoped that he was right if she wasn't able to afford anything otherwise. "Well, I won't know unless I at least try. After all, I might be due for a bit of luck." she said forcing a smile.