PONYSHOCK (Bioshock/FiM Crossover)

Just a crazy idea I had that I thought I'd throw out here...

While experimenting with a new 'Teleportation' Plasmid, Ryan Industries accidentally sends several crates of Plasmids and EVE to equestria... and somepony found them...

How long will it take for the ponies to learn how the plasmids work? How will they use their new powers... and most importantly... what happens when the EVE starts running low?

Thoughts?

I played the first game and loved it but never really got into the sequel.Anywho will there be big daddy's?Or just Pinkie Pie.Anyway this would be cool.Especcialy if Pinkie Pie gets her hooves on a big daddy suit.

No Big Daddies and no Little sisters. That's part of the whole point, the EVE/ADAM is limited and it starts to run out at some point... If I were going to go full-blown grimdark mode, I'd just drop the mane 6 in Rapture. Though I guess maybe if enough people want it, one of the crates can include the diving suit of a big-daddy or something... (Honestly, even as it is now, I'm worried it's too grimdark for canterlot and will have to be done off-site...)

Yeah, same here, I have Bioshock1 and never played 2 because I was told it was awful (though after reading some reviews I'm reconsidering) waiting on Bioshock3 which so far I'm planning on getting for sure.

No Big Daddies and no Little sisters. That's part of the whole point, the EVE/ADAM is limited and it starts to run out at some point... If I were going to go full-blown grimdark mode, I'd just drop the mane 6 in Rapture. Though I guess maybe if enough people want it, one of the crates can include the diving suit of a big-daddy or something... (Honestly, even as it is now, I'm worried it's too grimdark for canterlot and will have to be done off-site...)

Yeah, same here, I have Bioshock1 and never played 2 because I was told it was awful (though after reading some reviews I'm reconsidering) waiting on Bioshock3 which so far I'm planning on getting for sure.

Yea I just didn't like Bioshock 2 the whole big daddy concept didn't get me enough I felt too overpowered oh and I'll denitnitely try number three.Anyway back on topic I don't think it's too grimdark as long as it's in 18+ because I have a walking dead crossover thing there and I havn't even gotten a warning.

Given that there is already magic in equestria, the idea of using plasmids seems kind of superflous, and given usual pony paranoia, I don't think they'd be all too quick to inject alien substances into their veins. Not to mention the fact that bio-modifiers of any variety usually only work on -one- species, so chances are that any sci-fi fan would realize this wouldn't work.

Furthermore, unless you wanted to get reaaaaalllly contreived and-or disgusting, there'd be no way of creating additional adam, so the fad would pretty much end before it got anywhere. And, again, there are unicorns, so it's not like the effects imbued upon a human being by the FEV - sorry, I mean plasmids - would be all hugely impressive, or even necessarily that useful. Heck, even half of the in-game plasmids were pretty much useless for everyday utility. Summon bees out of your arms? Set fires with your mind instead of with a match? Make a specifically-modified person really grouchy at something? Not really all that useful outside of the utilities in "you want to do bad things to other people".

Either way, sounds like something that'd be really difficult to make good on.

Given that there is already magic in equestria, the idea of using plasmids seems kind of superflous, and given usual pony paranoia, I don't think they'd be all too quick to inject alien substances into their veins. Not to mention the fact that bio-modifiers of any variety usually only work on -one- species, so chances are that any sci-fi fan would realize this wouldn't work.

It's a silly little idea, how much sillier is it that they work on any species? Yes, depending on how they work it might or might not do the same thing to ponies (though actually the way I understand it, it actually should work because of the way it modifies the DNA on the cellular level, but this is beyond the point...)

I do admit it's a little bit of a stretch for them to accept the plasmids, but that's half the fun when the one "crazy" one starts telling the others to do it!

Furthermore, unless you wanted to get reaaaaalllly contreived and-or disgusting, there'd be no way of creating additional adam, so the fad would pretty much end before it got anywhere. And, again, there are unicorns, so it's not like the effects imbued upon a human being by the FEV - sorry, I mean plasmids - would be all hugely impressive, or even necessarily that useful. Heck, even half of the in-game plasmids were pretty much useless for everyday utility. Summon bees out of your arms? Set fires with your mind instead of with a match? Make a specifically-modified person really grouchy at something? Not really all that useful outside of the utilities in "you want to do bad things to other people".

That's part of the point - everything is in limited supply, so what happens when it runs out? do the ponies just set aside some for an emergancy and go back to their old lives or do they riot and try to be the last pony standing with all the Adam/EVE that's left?

Eh, as far as practicality maybe, but it's flashy and impressive to set fires with your mind and shoot lightning bolts, and EVERY non-unicorn would want telekenesis, Ice would be another popular one... but yeah, a large number are superflourious, I dont have the full list at hand so I cant exactly go down them one-by-one *shrug*

Either way, sounds like something that'd be really difficult to make good on.

It's just a silly idea. I already decided it was too dark for this site, had nobody replied I would have gone and cleared it at the time I posted earlier.