Need some pony related help

Therainbowtroll

This issue has been bothering me since I started watching MLP. Its not really a serious problem but its been bothering me majorly.

The problem is making a pony version of me. I always change my mind and always re change it. :x

I do this because I want to be represented well...and fit the rules of this forum. Because here the rules around characters can be a bit tight but for good reason. For my pony self I feel I would be a unicorn. Cause I value knowledge and the unicorns seem to be the most academic of the three species. And pulse they can do magic...how awesome is that?!

I also feel my special talent is psychology. I love studying it. I would gladly do it for the rest of the life. And not to mention I am currently taking psychology and getting a pretty good mark. I am also pretty good at art. (Atleast thats what people tell me..) But alot of people online have that as thier special talent...Rightfully so.

What I want help with is...well how did other people do it? How did you desighn it after yourself while makeing it appealing? Did you base it off your actual talents or talents you wish you had/your intrests? Do you just base a pony off dogs while not being medically trained? Anyway I hope someone can give me advice...I would appreciate any feedback :sniff:

Well I would say first off, just because other ponies have various types of art as their special talent doesn't mean you cannot. You cutie mark just has to be unique.

However if your special talent is psychology, there is nothing that says your pony cannot be good at art also. See the special talent is just that, the talent that they will be best at and love the most, but ponies are more than just their special talent, they can have other interests too that they are good at, such as art. Look at Twilight, her special talent is magical studies, but she also loves astronomy, or AJ who special talent is apple farming, but she is also excellent at rodeo.

Hope that helps.

That does help a bit :smug: Don't forget fluttershys freaky knowledge of sewing :blah: A big problem I failed to mention is the actual design.

I kind of want a different body style to match my own but I still want it to look good....And the colors are a whole different story. I have tried the pony creator and drawing a base....ugg I'm a mess :wail:

That does help a bit :smug: Don't forget fluttershys freaky knowledge of sewing :blah: A big problem I failed to mention is the actual design.

I kind of want a different body style to match my own but I still want it to look good....And the colors are a whole different story. I have tried the pony creator and drawing a base....ugg I'm a mess :wail:

Well what primary color are you starting with?

Yes that is true. I wanted rainbow hair beacuse my nickname is well....the rainbow troll lol. The only color I really like other then that is red. Which does also make sense because I am Canadian. (Red and white) I was going to be a flutter pony but its agents the rules here :( Also the hair style is a problem. >.>

Well, as for me and my character Vulpus, i didnt go into this in an attempt to make a pony version of myself, but frankly after looking back on him, he's more like me than i thought!

see, Vulpus' talent is making people happy. he always makes ponies he's around happy and smiling, but he doesnt acknowledge that as his cutie mark. instead he goes around trying everything in an attempt to find his 'true' talent. he ignored the fact that he's really good at making everyone happy and instead focuses on trying new things to see what he's good at.

I didn't really think too much about it, but after finishing him and taking a look, i realized that's what i've been doing. i've been trying all sorts of crafty things like keychains, stamps, fabric paint, drawing, video editing, but nothing really gave me any personal satisfaction... but then i got a girlfriend... it felt so good to see her smile,so wonderful to know that she felt safe and cared for in my arms, that there gave me so much satisfaction to see her smile... i knew then that thiswas what amde me happy... to make someone else happy.

Side note, she broke my heart and left me, just to clarify that... but still, i knew that making others happy was my special talent and it's what made me happy.

point is, do what comes naturally to you, it'll work out for the best no matter what.

• Like 1

Well, as for me and my character Vulpus, i didnt go into this in an attempt to make a pony version of myself, but frankly after looking back on him, he's more like me than i thought!

see, Vulpus' talent is making people happy. he always makes ponies he's around happy and smiling, but he doesnt acknowledge that as his cutie mark. instead he goes around trying everything in an attempt to find his 'true' talent. he ignored the fact that he's really good at making everyone happy and instead focuses on trying new things to see what he's good at.

I didn't really think too much about it, but after finishing him and taking a look, i realized that's what i've been doing. i've been trying all sorts of crafty things like keychains, stamps, fabric paint, drawing, video editing, but nothing really gave me any personal satisfaction... but then i got a girlfriend... it felt so good to see her smile,so wonderful to know that she felt safe and cared for in my arms, that there gave me so much satisfaction to see her smile... i knew then that thiswas what amde me happy... to make someone else happy.

Side note, she broke my heart and left me, just to clarify that... but still, i knew that making others happy was my special talent and it's what made me happy.

point is, do what comes naturally to you, it'll work out for the best no matter what.

Ouch....Im so sorry. That must have hurt. I know what it feels like to love someone then they just up and leave you...Dont worry. You will make someone happy again I bet :smug:

Good advice. I think I know what do to. Some people dont make pony versions of them selves. Like not 100%. But they do make ponies that are similar to them. Kinda like a fursona. Im a boring looking person. So I dont really want to make a pony version of myself. And Psychology can get really gritty. Which may not be ok for the rp here. I am going to edit a pony OC I did make to make her more like me. Its a good mix :smirk:

Ouch....Im so sorry. That must have hurt. I know what it feels like to love someone then they just up and leave you...Dont worry. You will make someone happy again I bet :smug:

Good advice. I think I know what do to. Some people dont make pony versions of them selves. Like not 100%. But they do make ponies that are similar to them. Kinda like a fursona. Im a boring looking person. So I dont really want to make a pony version of myself. And Psychology can get really gritty. Which may not be ok for the rp here. I am going to edit a pony OC I did make to make her more like me. Its a good mix :smirk:

Nothing wrong with psychology, sure it CAN get gritty, but sometimes it's just simple problems with simple solutions... if things get gritty just ask the person you're RPing with to move to the PMs instead...

Nothing wrong with psychology, sure it CAN get gritty, but sometimes it's just simple problems with simple solutions... if things get gritty just ask the person you're RPing with to move to the PMs instead...

More often then not its gets complected. Heck even seeing a psychologist can bother someone. But any way do you have a link to your characters log? Your description of him made me curious.

More often then not its gets complected. Heck even seeing a psychologist can bother someone. But any way do you have a link to your characters log? Your description of him made me curious.

Alright, i think i explained just about everything about him, but anywho, here you go!

http://www.canterlot...__fromsearch__1

Oh the leg... never mentioned the leg... completely fictional i assure you.

Well for my original idea I had white and rainbow hair....but then I read a "Dont do this with your character" thread and well it threw me off...So Im not even sure now.

I know people generally find it annoying when in an RPG a player creates a character who has a unique trait that is the same as a popular character. Its typically a sign that the character is going to be a blatent rip off or the player is going to take that and probably other completly unique traits to make a character who is a special little snowflake that steals all the attention.

If you really want the rainbow hair, and have a reason for it I would say go for it. Just don't be annoying. Also it probably wouldn't be as bad if you didn't directly copy it. Change the colors and order and it will still be unique to you.

Now if you had rainbow hair, a light blue body, loved going fast and named your character Brainbow Brash, it might end up an issue

I know people generally find it annoying when in an RPG a player creates a character who has a unique trait that is the same as a popular character. Its typically a sign that the character is going to be a blatent rip off or the player is going to take that and probably other completly unique traits to make a character who is a special little snowflake that steals all the attention.

If you really want the rainbow hair, and have a reason for it I would say go for it. Just don't be annoying. Also it probably wouldn't be as bad if you didn't directly copy it. Change the colors and order and it will still be unique to you.

Now if you had rainbow hair, a light blue body, loved going fast and named your character Brainbow Brash, it might end up an issue

awww crap there goes my idea for my character "Spectrum Fast" :lol:

But no the idea for rainbow hair has nothing to do with rainbow dash. Shes actually my least favorite of the mane 6. I wanted rainbow hair because its apart of my nick name. But rainbow dosent go well with alot of colors and you are right about being annoying thing. But she wasn't going to be a rip off. She was just going to have rainbow hair. lol

Shes actually my least favorite of the mane 6.

*screeeeeech* Hold the buck up, What did you say about Rainbow Dash? I KNOW you did not just put her at the bottom of the mane six list. Girl you just started a MAJOR war in the fandom, and i'm gonna have to bust you up for that.

I kid, of course, although i do really like her... But yeah! On that note of having a rainbow mane and trying to fidn the right body color, you should use the pony creator and just kinda play with the color pallet until you find something that you feel looks good with the rainbow mane.

*screeeeeech* Hold the buck up, What did you say about Rainbow Dash? I KNOW you did not just put her at the bottom of the mane six list. Girl you just started a MAJOR war in the fandom, and i'm gonna have to bust you up for that.

I kid, of course, although i do really like her... But yeah! On that note of having a rainbow mane and trying to fidn the right body color, you should use the pony creator and just kinda play with the color pallet until you find something that you feel looks good with the rainbow mane.

Wanna know something sad? I have people react like that when I said I did not like something...only difference they were not joking. I remeber I said I did not like Ike in smash brothers and someone threatened to kill me :twisted:But I have decided on what to do in terms of pony self. I will not make her 100% me. Just mabey 89% me. Different hair, skills ect but mostly based off me. Hopefully I dont change it. :/

Wanna know something sad? I have people react like that when I said I did not like something...only difference they were not joking. I remeber I said I did not like Ike in smash brothers and someone threatened to kill me :twisted:But I have decided on what to do in terms of pony self. I will not make her 100% me. Just mabey 89% me. Different hair, skills ect but mostly based off me. Hopefully I dont change it. :/

*SCREEEEEEECH* WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT IKE???

Seriously, i loved him... he was my favorite in the heavywieght class of SSBB :sad: like in y top 3 if i remember right...

but in all honesty, to each his own, i've said i dont like some of the MLP characters and got bad responses too, so meh, it's all good.

but anyway, Yay! I'm glad =3 If you even want an RP with my character and yours let me know, i bet we'd have a great time =D

awww crap there goes my idea for my character "Spectrum Fast" :lol:

But no the idea for rainbow hair has nothing to do with rainbow dash. Shes actually my least favorite of the mane 6. I wanted rainbow hair because its apart of my nick name. But rainbow dosent go well with alot of colors and you are right about being annoying thing. But she wasn't going to be a rip off. She was just going to have rainbow hair. lol

As long as you avoid being a mary sue or being a rip off you should be fine. In an RPG social rules only apply if you are annoying. You can follow any stereotype you want as long as you are fun enough that nobody cares