[Open]A Monarch's Vision

SirShadowdeath

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Aha~! Who am I to control the ever so whimsical curiousity of the ones gathered here! I promised adventure! What's a better adventure than a physical one? ONE IN THE MIND!" Devastation laughed. "Surely, your 'deformity' or whatever, is something to ponder about! It causes a quest of the mind itself! Yes! Ha ha! Indeed! I do control what is not mine! None of you are mine! Do whatever you please, as long it dosen't affecft

me, for I have been known...for my violent rage upon instinct..."

His voice dropped lower and darker as he spoke, but later returned to the cheerful, somewhat demented sound every other pony had gotten useful.

"The more you hide, the more curiousity grips us all, Draco! Ha ha~!"

Draco stood up tears in his eyes at his sides are not Feather Wings but Dragon-esque wings on him his cactus green coat of fur matching the scales on the wings his cutie mark also shown a Pegasus wing engulfed in flames yet not damaged.

"THERE are you satisfied i'm a deformity a freak a monster i hope your happy." he said then calmed himself as he told the rest of the story of how his mother had submitted to a experiment before he was born and this was the result other than the fact his mother did not survive the birth. "so i'm responsible for at least her death so i am a monster." he said tearing up

"A monster? A monster?! A MONSTER? A MONSTER!?" repeated Devastation, almost ready fo burst out laughing.

"Ye are not a monster, ye mortal pony. I am a monster! Ha ha! And what a pleasure it is to sssssssaay that! But you! A mere deformity~! A mere black mark on a mortal record of life! No! No! Yes! Ha ha! Aha! How foolish of me to think you were hiding something! No no! Ha ha!"

The monarch continued to laugh.

"It's not ye I'm laughin' at! It's just...just...!"

He burst out laughing, his red eyes gleaming brightly in the eerie, mysterious darkness.

"Just...Just! Just follow me everypony and mortal! To ze colliseum we go, when ye are all ready!"

"WOAH COOL! Your part dragon! Thats awesome! Why would you wanna hide being a dragon pony? You know there are more of you right?"

Crescent lighted down and examined the exotic pony at closer range. He had heard of dragon ponies but never saw one up close before. He got a good look before returning the cloak to its owner.

"Why would you hide this? Its nothing to be ashamed of really. Sorry to make you so upset though, my apologies. Friends? "

"tell me about it, I've dealt with my fair share of bullies, The name's Crescent Blaze, Draco, and if i might add a speck of advice. You should never forget what you are the rest of Equestria will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you. I take a lot of pride in my heritage and that has always gotten me though tough situations. of course a lifetime of training in swordplay helps too... anyway I guess i'll ask whats on all our minds at this point. what brings you here?

Crescent lowered his guard a bit, if he could ally himself with this dragon pony he would have a better chance of surviving the monsters below the palace. Even if this one was timid Crescent had heard tell that dragon ponies were renowned instinctual fighters.

Wilden had silently listened to the banter, but his patience had run out. He looked at the pony with dragon wings.

"You are no freak, you are a pony, and in my book that is much worse."

Wilden turned away from the dragon pony and stared at the vile creature, keeping his fangs barred as he talked.

"Are we going to do a quest or not, I don't have time for your insolent banter!"? I don't think ANY of us came here for land, I know that I didn't," Wilden growled. "Can victory cure my sister? If you lie to me I swear you will regret it!"

Draco had heard his comment how could a pony be worse than he was ... and what could make him distrust pony,s that much? then he heard that he had a sister who needed a cure to an illness.

"if i may ask what is your sisters illness.." Draco wondered if he could help in any way he could being that what he was.

Lucky also was interested upon hearing about the sister

"a sister ehh.. is she cute?" with a grin that could be considered wolfish

Wilden stared at the first pony for a moment before responding.

"I don't know what it is, she is most likely dying, however."

He then stared at the perverted creature in disbelief.

"She may be deathly ill, but she would still rip your throat out for daring ask that. Bring her up again, fool, and I'll save her the trouble and kill you myself!" He growled.

He then looked at both of them.

"Let us get back to the topic at hand."

The wolf's reaction had put Crescent on edge more than ever, and he closed his eyes and shook his head to draco as if to say I dont think he wants your help. He wasnt much for killing intelligent creatures but if any of these characters gave him and his new buddy any real trouble he wouldnt hesitate to start slicing. And he did consider draco his "buddy" at this point. The shy creature had brought out the protector in him and, while dragon ponies were known to be solitary and able to handle themselves, Crescent had subconsciously decided to take responsibility for his well being. He stuck close to the large green scaly pony and turned his attention to Devastation. Hearing Wilden's comment perked his ears as he hadnt really thought much of the plain prize.

"Yeah what am I supposed to do with land? What else ya got?"

Lucky raised both hooves in a sign of "ok i give up"

"i seem to have struck a nerve..." he then turned to the Griffion "at least tell us of some of the creatures we will be facing before we jump once more into the breach. i don't bet till i know the odds"

Draco could feel the anger when he answered the green unicorn with a fedora he obviously loves his sister very much he decided to leave it for now although he planned to inquire afterwards. he then remembered the other pony's question the one that called himself Crescent Blaze

"i just need the bits and i guess my own land would be nice. but yes more is needed for us to risk our lives"

Thank you for someone else with half a brain. Wilden thought to himself after hearing the two intelligent ponies speak. If friends were needed in the caves, he decided he wanted them, but Wilden intended to make sure the idiot died down there.

"The Griffon seems to have stopped listening, may I ask for your names before we march to our deaths?"

Wilden looked at the dragonpony and realized he may have been offended by Wilden's tone.

"And dragonling, I apologize if my tone seemed rude, the idiot made me a bit angry."

"The names Draco and i'm not a dragonling i'm just a pony with a bit of dragon DNA" Draco Said with a small smile that somepony er wolf was being polite to him.

Lucky chimed in as well despite the wolfs hostility

"Names Lucky Chance and no hard feelings ok..." he said with his usual rogues smile

"Well well! All acquinted I see! Marvelous! Huzzah! Well I can't quite say I'm not amused by your kindling friendship! No no! Ha ha! Please please! I'm sure zat your...hmm...relations will surely make all the difference down in ze arena! Hoo hoo! Ha ha! Please, please! All who have gathered!" laughed Devastation once more. "Follow me into ze depths of the castle caverns!"

With this, the griffon started to merrily make his way over to somewhat small iron door, marked with the word "Down" on it. With his right claw, he swung it open. Torches dimly lit the spiraling obsidian staircase as the black marble walla reflected the eerie light.

"Down zere! Follow!"

"Hey you still have yet to sweeten the deal there Monarch. I thought we all made it pretty clear we're not going anywhere until we get an alternative prize"

Crescent stood where he was. Land? he had no use for land he was a racer, and he really didnt feel like keeping stock of something away from cloudsdale. He thought for a moment of what he might want if the Monster was so inclined as to ask, and thought that a professional grade racing suit with all the works, lightning protection, friction resistance, and some matching tinted goggles would be fine, He didnt really need anything too expensive other than that.

Devastation cocked his head, and then walked up to Crescent.

"Of courssssse! I promised wealth as well! Ha ha! But if wealth and land do not sssssssatisfy, what would ye like? Tell me, hmmm? Curiousity finds me defenseless! Oh! Ho ho! Yes indeed! Please, inform me of what ye desire!"

The monarch began to laugh a bit, his red eyes glaring again.

"Ze one who has come! What do ye want? Tell me your dessssire~!"

The wolf had almost forgotten about the deal, he silently thanked Cress for reminding him.

"Cure my sister of her illness now, and I will go with you."

Wilden doubted the monarch had any true power, and had even more doubts that the dead creature would grant his wish before they went to the caves, but tried all the same.

Crescent went on guard as the sizable creature stood face to face with him again.

"I just want a black professional flight suit with lightning proof fabric, and drag reduction, with some matching tinted goggles, instead of the land. the bits are still fine though."

He thought for another moment.

"And a unique sword to add to my collection. If that isnt asking too much. maybe that instead of the bit if I really like what you have to offer"

Devastation observed the ponies and smiled.

"One...Wilden...you want a cure for your sister? I'm no doctor, ye see! Oh! Ha ha! No doctor at all! I'm a monarch! A sage! A retired knight! Ho ho! I might have a book for curing ze illness in my library, but myself know none! Nothing! Not one bi! Hoo! Ha! Would you like me to look for ze book?"

He continued on.

"Two! As I said! Wealth is promised, Lucky! Wealth! Indeed! Ha ha~!"

"Three! Silence is golden, Draco. Ha!"

"And four! Wealth again! But alas...a blade I own. One of ivory dragon bone, etched with ancient runes...the hilt lined with ze rubies! Obsidian as it's lining!"

Devastation back up, pulling the blade out from behind his chair.

"Is zis it? What ye want? I'll even let ye fight with it, for it suits the monarch no more!"

The monarch chuckled again.

"Hoo hoo! I am not a lier, ye see! I am ze truthful dead! Ga ha~!"

Crescent looked at the sword from afar and could tell no more about it from there other tan it was very flashy yet sinister and dark in its appearance. I made him think of a moonlit needle dipped in blood. He had to examine it before he made any deals though, a sword was a work of detail, and while it appeared quite deadly Crescent's instincts told him he had to be sure. He approached the Monarch of madness at his throne.

"Would you mind if I took a closer look? I'd like to appraise the blade before I make any deals."