[Open]A Monarch's Vision

SirShadowdeath

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dear Crescent, Ga hah! Ze blade! Yes! Take ze blade! Observe it's fine detail! Observe ze majesty!"

With this, The Monarch gave the blade over to Crescent. Devastation had a wicked smile on his face once again as he looked across the room.

"Ze book! Ze book! Why yes my Dear Wilden! Mwa ha ha~! Ze book...it might be in me library...ZE LIBRARY! A place of many books an much knowledge! It's down ze right hall from hre, on the third door on ze left! Free usage! Ah ha! Ze book would be located in Medical C - I, I would Assume."

The Monarch began to make his way down the stairs.

"NOW! Ze stairs! Ze arena awaits! Ha ha!"

Lucky was the first to walk down the stairs down to a dusty arena that smelled of dried blood and hopelessness

"kinda like that bar i went to last week.." he said to no-pony in particular

Draco was a little more unnerved as the descended down the steps he did not like hurting anypony and did not care to fight but that did not mean he could not defend himself still if he could avoid a conflict he would but at this moment he felt that this was between slim and nil conflict was inevitable.

Draco considered the question before answering

"J-just b-barely an adult i left home recently after attending flight school in Cloudsdale i would have stayed with my father but my wings just brought to many memory's of mother ... a-and how she died so i did the best thing i could do i left and now here i am in need of money in a some madgriffions house in some dusty bloodstained arena." he shifted uncomfortably not liking to talk about his early life to much. "So how about you i understand about your sister and all but she probably does not approve of you risking your life for her."

The question about his sister brought a thousand memories and, if he was alone, a thousand tears would have accompanied them. "She doesn't know, and if I have my way she never will. If luck and the forest are on my side then the Huntress will find her and help keep her safe until my return. I am doing this for her life, I don't care if this makes her hate me until the day she dies, no matter what she will live." The wolf thought about the poor boy, they were probably close enough to the same age, Wilden decided to trust him. "If we both get out of this alive, feel free to visit me in Everfree, my sister and I could use friends that weren't mute. If I die in there..." Wilden stopped himself from finishing for a moment. "Give my sister mercy, be it through a cure or the Kiss of Death, give it to her."

Crescent held the amazing broadsword in his hoof, it was big for his taste and seemed more suited to two hooves, but the amazing quality was unarguable. He closely examined the razor sharp obsidian edge reinforced with dragon bone and found it to be the only sword he had seen so far who's edge rivaled his own blade Night Fire, a magic resistant falchion made of sky steel. He held the weapon by the handle with his hoof and gave it a few swings testing the balance. The dragon bone gave the sword an unprecedented lightness and the balance was as close to perfect as he had seen. He examined the runes next, he only recognized a few, but from what he could tell they were wards that allowed the blade to be resistant to most magics as his own was and additionally to protect the blade's durability so it would not need to be sharpened as often as usual. He held the blade with admiration whoever made this weapon was one of the most masterful smiths to ever grace the land of equestria if the sword was even from this world. He looked at the undead Griffin ruler and held the weapon for him to take it back.

"It is as fine a weapon as I've ever laid eyes on. I would like you to hold on to it until I complete this ordeal. I could never use a blade i havent familiarized myself with in battle. I would need time to perfect my technique with such a different sword than my own."

Crescent saw the others heading down to the arena.

"Shall we? oh actually i have one more question, well two actually. well no three. Im curious about the blade's history. I havent seen one as glorious in actual combat capability as my own, Night Fire, in all of equestria. I would very much like to know it's name, and who made it and how."

He spoke as he made his way to the descending corridor

As Devastation took back the sword, he continued on to a thrown which overlooked the arena. The ancient colliseum was partly submerged into the ground, and only ruins remained. Dimly lit by magical red torches, the eerie ruins were a sight to be behold.

"Death is not permitted! Ze rules OBLIGE this! Ha ha!"

With a swift gesture of his claw, he announced,

"LET ZE GAMES BEGIN! GAH HA!"

Laughing almost uncontrollably, he signaled for the first gate to open.

From the blackness of the alcove, six giant spiders emerged. Each one was jet black, and marked with a red lightning bolt on their back.

They spread out, and began to move themselves next to the ponies.

Crescent took off immediately and drew Night Fire. Quick as lightning he drove the blade into the mark on the back of the closest spider and then landed by Draco looking to team up his speed and agility with his brute strength.

Wilden ripped all four left legs off of one spider and stared at Draco while making the killing blow.

"Draco, dragon wings are said to be as sharp as a sword, if that is true then use those!"

Wilden dodged another spider as it sliced at him, and closed his mount on its head. The only thought that came to mind was how discusting the taste was.

((Where is lucky? Blackfoot is sick BTW))

(Luckys playing solitaire :P)

Draco looked at his wings the Scales shown in the dim red light ... the did look sharp he decided to test this theory on the spider Wilden was biting he saw a leg about to swing at the wolf as he was chewing on the insects face he sliced his wing at the leg and to his surprise not only did the leg get sliced off the row others next to were as well. Draco was Terrified but happy he could help somewhat

"Dear Celestia!" he felt himself say his breathing ragged.

Lucky was Currently playing solitaire with his lucky deck too bad for the monsters he was using the spiders as his dartboard at the same time..

"Fantastic Draco! Keep it up!" Crescent hollered the encouragement as he swiftly cleaved the head off another spider and bucked another behind him onto its back, folowing up with a stab to its exposed abdomen. Its green goopy guts spattered his face as he removed his sword from the exo-skeletal sheath. Crescent spared a glace around, this was hardly a challenge. Giant spiders? what cave in equestria didnt have those? He hadnt even begun to focus yet. He hoped things didnt get too taxing though, he didnt have to go into his hyper concentration mode as he called it. Last time that had happened he had lost it a bit...He took position by Draco's left side again deciding to wait for the enemies to come to him, it would be better to conserve his energy for the harder challenges.

Crescent patted Draco on the back a few times.

"Its alright there Drac. If you need to hurl just do it. You'll feel better once its out of the way. Dont worry you did great. Just be ready before he sends out the next batch."

Crescent looked over at wilden and the rest of the group. this first wave may have been easy but there was no way Devastation had called them there for an easy slaughter. There was no doubt they were going to have to work together at some point, and Crescent felt the need to try and rally the loose group together. He took flight and hovered a few hooves away from Draco.

"Alright! everypony...ermm...and wolf... gather round!"

OOC: Baaaack, srry, I was sick and than I whent to my dads and there was no internet :(

BlackHoof stood in the corner of the collosium in boredom. "Hey every one, why take em out that way? it's much more fun to do this." BlackHoof saw one of the spider creaters running at him, he jumped up onto his hooves and put one on the creatureds head and laughed "Look at this, he cant even reach me ahahahaha!" BlackHoof had tears in his eyes with laughter as the spider tried depritly to claw and bite him. He than lifed his hoof and smashed it's head in " Spider had a baby and got his head smashed in."

"Ze Spiders! Are Zey dead? OH HO! YES! Ye all work well! VERY WELL! Too Well? PERHAPS! Ze Games! Zey Continue!" laughed Devastation from his perch, observing the ponies fighting off his creatures from the deep. "NOW! Round Two! Are ye ready? Oh oh! Ha ha! Now, ze second round begins!"

He gestured with his claw again, and the second metal gate swung open. From the darkness, ten ghastly wisps emerged. Blazing with ghostly fire, the pony shaped ghasts began thier attack.

"Don't worry!" shouted Devastation. "Ze ghosts! Ze ghosts! They are weak to ze obvious! Not ze pure strength! Take my hint! TAKE IT!"

Crescent immediately went into full concentration taking in everything around him trying to formulate a plan.

"He means water! Find something to douse them with! or dirt! suffocate them somehow! Just whatever you can find to put them out!"

He lifted off staying directly above where was and looked back down.

"Draco come with me! I have an idea and I need your wings!"

He swooped towards the nearest flaming ghast keeping a high altitude to distance himself from the flames, expecting Draco to follow.

(sorry for late post i was busy in Peru went to matchu pitchu and all ;D)

Draco felt this was his element so to speak he flung off his cloak opened his wings and took off at his top speed zooming past Crescent Blaze straight for the nearest flaming wisp going straight through which would badly burn most pony's he could feel the collective shock of the group as he did this he smiled as his coat and wings barely smoking past the wisp with a speed that the winds put out the wisp killing it and for good measure bucked some dirt into it to make sure.