Circuit [Final]

CrimsonNova

Roleplay Type: World Of Equestria RP

Name: Circuit

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Teal

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Blue mane and tail, formerly styled like Canterlot guards mane/tail, and now has grown and hangs straight and a little messy.

Physique: A regular Pegasus build.

Cutie Mark: A royal crest with a wing and a star in the middle, representing his duties as a Royal Pegasus Guard.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Former Pegasus guard for the Princess, now manages a small school where he trains upcoming Pegasi guards.

Motivation: To fulfil his duties as a guard for the princess, and to someday perhaps set up a flight camp.

Likes: Flying, his job, relaxing at the end of the day with a good book, seeing his trainee’s get accepted

Dislikes: Failing his princess, wing injuries, disappointed trainees.

Character Summary:

Born to a Pegasus mother and Unicorn father in Canterlot, Circuit knew from a young age that he wanted to guard the beloved Princess Celestia. He trained his hardest as a colt, to be on par with the pegasi guards at that time, and managed to rank within the top percentage of Pegasi guards despite his age.

He was quickly accepted nearing the end of his colthood, and he thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of his job.

One day, he was assigned a job in which it was his duty to pull a chariot in high winds. He and his partner made it to their destination unhurt, although on the return journey with the empty chariot, the winds got the better of Circuit, and he crashed to land, injuring his left wing badly. He took rest, hoping to return to work, but eventually he realised that he wouldn’t be able to.

He decided to do something to take his mind off his dilemma, and opened up a small school where he teaches pegasi the basics to becoming a Royal Pegasus Guard. He is not the strongest of fliers anymore, and often his students are impatient with him due to his lack of ability to keep up with them.

He got his cutie mark one day when he was out walking with his little sister. His childhood bully showed up, and Circuit was faced with a confrontation. The bully in question began to pick on his little sister, so the young colt, doing the only thing he knew, began to stand up for, and guard his little sister with his life. The bully was shocked, and ran off, and Circuit knew, even before he looked back at his flank, that he had found his calling.

Despite his history, and everypony’s expectations for him to be bitter and cold because of his accident, he is gentle, patient and kindhearted, especially when it comes to his students. Having been brought up by strict parents, he knows how to hold his tongue when necessary, and he tries his hardest to be mannerly at all times.

He also has a soft spot for animals, and has a pet dog who he called Cirrus. Circuit found Cirrus after his accident one day while going for a long walk to take his mind of his injury. The dog looked thin, and didn’t stop following him, so Circuit made the decision to keep him and nurse him to health, considering he had never had a pet when he was a colt. They bonded over time, and now are almost inseperable.

Circuit-2.pngCircuit-1-1.jpg

I like this guy! the humility of not being broken up over his disability is nice, and the story of how that occured is good. I think you should elaborate more on the details of his childhood and how exactly he got his cutie mark. How did he feel when these events happened what do they mean to him, cutie mark included. Otherwise pretty solid app :)

I like what you've got here for this character, there's just one thing that caught my eye and may need looking over.

He was quickly accepted nearing the end of his colthood, (and thus receiving his cutie mark, which was no surprise, considering he knew from a young age his calling in life.) and he thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of his job.

My question here, is: if he knew guard duty was his calling from early on, why did it take him so long to receive his cutie mark? I feel that it may make more sense for him to earn it while he's younger, perhaps as the result of some event while he was at school, rather than earning his cutie mark upon being accepted as a guardspony. With a character like him, he might be able to earn such a mark by standing up to some bullies, either for him or for somepony else, or any number of other things. It's an opportunity for some expansion for you to consider.

I'd personally include at least his rank in the Guard and to keep in mind whether he was enlisted or officer. While he is now discharged from the REA, his standing in the Army when he left will still leave a mark on his mindset and how he chooses to conduct training for his flight/prep school. Other than that, looks good.

AppApproved.png