Is Trixie Actually Homeless?

IceStorm

Well yeah, it's an effective business model, although a deceptive one... If she did the same thing every night in the same town she'd run out of people she COULD outdo, and then immediately lose interest and therfore money. So rather than having an honest challenge and giving others time to prep, she just scams them and leaves them.

She relies on her few spells looking more impressive then they are so its deceptive but it isn't a con. She never tricked anybody out of their money. Its like saying a magician is a conman because he doesn't really cut people in half.

Now if she said she was going to do a trick, collected payment, and left without doing it then she would be conning them

All this talk about wheather Trixie's a conartist or not... I have a very interesting (and slightly disturbing) conversation with a friend of mine --- Trixie is Dash without any friends. Think about it, what keeps dash in check is having her friends there when her head gets too big (ala MMDW) Trixie never had that, if she had had friends her whole life she would be very different and likewise had dash not had friends and had to travel round showing off to make a living, she could have ended up exactly like Trixie...

I really didnt like to think about it, but when I did, I felt there was some truth to it all... Just something to think about...

• Like 1

She relies on her few spells looking more impressive then they are so its deceptive but it isn't a con. She never tricked anybody out of their money. Its like saying a magician is a conman because he doesn't really cut people in half.

Now if she said she was going to do a trick, collected payment, and left without doing it then she would be conning them

Yeah, i suppose you have a point there.

My stance on Trixie?

The idea that she's homeless would be the very first conclusion by fans. After all, the travelling cart she performed and (seemingly) lived in was destroyed by the Ursa Minor. Judging by the fact she was heading into what looked like the Everfree, I'd assume she probably doesn't like any place particular.

However, I hold a belief that she found a place to call home eventually. I don't believe she deserves such a bad fate of having nowhere to call home.

However, it seems the fans think otherwise. I don't mind, because she's an even more interesting character when she's developed as a wandering, homeless pony.

Here's my prediction. She comes back to Ponyville WITH A VENGEANCE! And she brings along other entertainer ponies to counteract the mane six! Trixie vs Twilight! A Very Creepy (aren't they all) clown pony vs Pinkie! A strong-pony (Complete with leotard and a keen tattoo on his or her's arm!) vs, Apple Jack! Rarity vs. The Bearded Mare (Yeeeeeck!), Fluttershy Vs. an EVIL Animal Tamer (Think an Stromboli type bad guy. Whip and and all!) and Rainbow Dash vs one those cannonball guys. In the Amazing Trixie's Circus of PONY DOOM! qznlh0.jpg

• Like 1

Here's my prediction. She comes back to Ponyville WITH A VENGEANCE! And she brings along other entertainer ponies to counteract the mane six! Trixie vs Twilight! A Very Creepy (aren't they all) clown pony vs Pinkie! A strong-pony (Complete with leotard and a keen tattoo on his or her's arm!) vs, Apple Jack! Rarity vs. The Bearded Mare (Yeeeeeck!), Fluttershy Vs. an EVIL Animal Tamer (Think an Stromboli type bad guy. Whip and and all!) and Rainbow Dash vs one those cannonball guys. In the Amazing Trixie's Circus of PONY DOOM! qznlh0.jpg

Oddly enough, this reminds me of a fic I read a while back...Huh...

Oddly enough, this reminds me of a fic I read a while back...Huh...

Stole my idea! I'll sue! Yeah! Sue 'em for all the bits they have in their bit-bin!

oh wait..Fan-Fic writers don't make money off their fics.

nuts. :wail:

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!! </royal canterlot voice>

Not as humerous, but in my stories, she runs off and teams up with Discord! (after foolishly obsorbing an ancient evil larger than her head... (ignoring #22 on the Evil Overlord List)) and they proceed to try and take over the town by splitting up the mane 6 sending them off to their "dreams" which quickly turn into nightmares! (i.e. Dash joins the wonderbolts! ...as a janitor...) and them turning all of ponyville into mindless zombies!

Your idea sounds more amusing though!

Heh. And typical pony fashion..The Mane six 'defeat' 'Amazing Trixie's Circus Of PONY DOOM' by actually helping them. Rarity makes the beaded mare's beard FABULOUS, Fluttershy teaches the evil beast trainer that he can better train the animals through kindness than his mean ol' whip, Pinkie sends the clown to community college so he or she can get a non-creepy-non-clown job, and the others do what they do best. Yadda yadda.

Ponies seem to have better prosocial instincts than humans, so I think they just plain take better care of each other.

Now, it's possible that Trixie doesn't have a permanent home. She really seems to love being the travelling showmare, so I suspect that she deliberately moved out of her childhood residence and started her travelling show. If she still has family, then she could go and live with them, but even if she doesn't, I think she'll manage. Remember that she pulls the wagon all by herself, so losing the wagon will if anything make her more mobile. If she's been living on the road for so long, then she probably has fairly decent survival skills, and can handle the indignity of eating grass straight off the ground if she needs to. Also, towns in Equestria seem to be pretty close together, and I'm sure that somepony in any given town would give her a place to sleep. So I think she'll do just fine until she can earn the bits for a new wagon (if, indeed, she didn't build the original one herself).

True but after being so mean I doubt anypony would want to house her, and with her being so narcissistic and stuck up I doubt she'd even WANT to ask for a place to stay. I've read a few fanfics where she made a home in the woods after she ran off and lives self sufficiently kind of like Zecora does. I'd like to see a reappearance of her in future episodes but that's just wishful fan thinking xD.