Hard Metal Work (Open)

Black

It was a rather cloudy day in the rocky area of Canterlot but a familiar Zebra was hard act work fixing the sign on his small store. With a hammer in his teeth, he finished the sign with a smile. "There we go." He spat out the hammer and grabbed to sign in his teeth, reaching for the doorway as he put it on. "There." He stood back to look at the sign and his remodeled metal store. "Black Metalworks is open for business." He smiled as he walked in. He looked around to see his equipment, armor, bolts, nails, nuts, and many other metal craft on sale as his forge was burning outside. It wasn't much but it was his...and made him the most happy. He quickly changed the sign to open and went behind the counter, waiting for his first customer.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty wandered around Canterlot for a good few hours in search of the metal shop. Xeno had told him about it earlier after having an interesting confrontation with the owner. Finally looking up at the sign; "Black Metalworks." it read. He liked that! A metalwork enthusiast himself.

The goggled pony stepped into the store wearing saddle bags. Looking around the many wares and works in the shop with great interest and awe. "Wooooooow." He was amazed. Turning his attention to the Zebra behind the counter. "AH! You must be Black." Dusty trotted over to the counter, his hoof steps leaving small dusty prints on the floor as he walked.

Dusty was reaching into his saddle bag just as a ground shaking thud interrupted him with the rattle of metal from in the store. "What the heck?" He leaned to and fro as he tried to look out the nearest window for the source of the disruption. Turning to black; "Did you feel that?"

Outside, Was a red scaled dragon what seemed to be in his late teens, He had huge teeth and Yellow spikes on his back. He had casued quite a fuss with the local ponies who were looking outside of their homes to see what had made the noise, "HEY, STRIPES!" he called out to Black, "IS THIS THAT NEW ARMOUR PLACE I WAS TOLD ABOUT?" He shouted, seemingly speaking in what he considered to be normal tone.

He raised his eyebrow to the teenaged dragon. "First of all, My name is Giza. Not stripes. Second of all, I don't like the fact you addressed my store in such a manner. Now state your business in a calmer manner if you don't mind or I might not serve you at all, young dragon." He said sternly as he stared down the dragon with no fear.

Ok hotshot... The Dragon thorght in his head. He leaned down to Black's level so he was face to face with him "You're pretty good.... Not many can talk this sternly in front of a dragon, Especialy ones like me" He was almost 3 times the size of Black. "So, Answer my question Black...... Is this that new Armour place?"

Dunder Blust was headed towards Black Metalworks. He heard Giza was opening a new shop, after all Giza talked about it on their trip to Canterlot. Dunder was just getting off of patrol and he wanted to rest. The leather armor and his helmet were getting heavier and heavier with each step, but he felt happy he joined the militia with Giza.

Dunder saw a red dragon. No pony was freaking out, so he casually walked up beside it, "Hey." He said to Giza, "Hello." He said to the dragon.

"No, Red and I are great friends. Of course I would like it if he told me HIS NAME instead of forcing me to give him a nickname." Amy was yelling the last part and hoped Red heard it. She noticed that he hadn't shaken her hoove yet.

"Do you not like hoove shaking? I promise I washed it, like, last week or something." She looked at her hoove, it seemed fine, but unicorns were always acting stuck up around germs.

"Are you stuck up or cool?" She asked the unicorn, still ignoring Red. Manners and her were never great friends.

((Sorry Saren, is this okay? I'll change my posts if you want.))

((Haha, No thats great, much more better than what I was thinking of :) ))

"SHUT UP!" He shouted to Dunder "IN CASE YOU HAVENT NOTICED, I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!" As he blew a puff of smoke into Dunder's face, still waiting for Black's reply.His shout made all the ponies on the street retreat back into their houses.

"Dunder. Good to see you but right now...I am talking business." He turned back to the red dragon. "Yes. I am the owner of Black Metalworks. Now if you want work from me, I want you to say you are sorry to the ponies in the area for your brash display and mean it. Starting with Dunder." He said as he looked into the dragon's face, meaning business.

When the dragon yelled in his face and breathed smoke to add on top of it, Dunder just closed his eyes when the dragon breathed fire. He showed no fear. Dunder felt like he should have given the dragon a whipping. He was inches from it, but then Giza demanded the dragon give an apology. One chance... Dunder thought as he stood up straight..

It's times like this when Dusty is thankful he is underground all the time. Not so thankful that he needs his boots repaired. Just his luck to have a dragon causing a ruckous and a pony apparently not able to control her friend. Keeping himself safe and scooting around in the shop till he was hiding behind the counter now.

The Dragon snarled "You have got gut's I will give you that Stripes.......... or Giza... whatever, I am sorry to every pathetic pony on the street, and you.... whatever your name is....." as he patted Dunder on the head. There were few ponies that The Dragon would listen to, But Amy was one of them, Even though they may have their disagreements with eachother from time to time. "Now, the sole reason you arent roasting right now... Is beacuse of Amy, So, move it!"

Dunder stayed calm, even though he wanted to slap the dragon with his sword for calling Giza "stripes." Dunder took in a deep breath and said calmly, "The only reason why you're not crying home to your mommy is because I respect Giza." He started to get louder and more stern, "I'm the one who gives the other orders. Now, YOU! Get out of here!" He almost growled. He was trying to keep his cool.

"Thank you, Red." She gave her dragon friend as close to a hug as she could and whispered a piece of advice in his ear "Ponies here are really snooty," She motioned to the one stupidly threatening Red. "Just listen to them and keep it down for a little while, that's all. I really don't want you run out of town again."

((Saren, again, if I am distrupting any plans you have for your character, just say so and I will edit my comment, I don't want to change any major points about your character))

Giza didn't like that apology or his crappy attitude...but he knew fighting here and now was not the best thing to do. "Enough. Fighting will not solve anything." He said to Dunder. "Now you two tell me...who are you and why are you here?" He said to Red and Amy.

(( Nah, It's all good, I will let you know If you intrude too much though ))

"Whatever, I could squash you like a bug..." He said to Dunder "But I ain't here to quarrel, So keep I will keep it cool, Why did you drag me to one of your pony town's anyway Amy..... Looks like the zebra wants to know the answer as well"