Hard Metal Work (Open)

Black

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She began thinking of what to make, a pitchfork seemed like the best choice, since sooner or later Red would get himself run out of town, but she didn't want to be responsible for hurting him.

She finally decided after a long ((invisible, sorry)) argument with herself to make the pitchfork, but wanted to ask Mr. Zebra Boss Teacher just in case, she eventually settled with letting it be a surprise and started smelting the ore.

She overheard their conversation and decided to butt in.

"You, mess things up? Never, you only nearly killed my closest friend for trying to stop someone that he thought was stealing," the bitter sarcasm seeped out of her voice as she said it, but she didn't care.

She huffed in frustration and went back to work; in most cases smithing kept her mind off of stress, but her brain kept reliving Dunder nearly attacking Red.

All it took was one swipe at Red's belly, one swipe and her only friend would be dead, gone from her life forever. He would have brought it upon himself, like Mr. Black said, but forgiving something like that would be impossible. A plan hit her and she quickly switched ideas as to what she would do for her test.

((Shutting off for now, night guys and gals!))

Red laughed as he saw the frustration on Amy's face

"You shouldnt be so worried about me Amy, I am almost 100 years old, I can look after my self" He got a claw and patted her on her head "Besides, It's not like any of these ponies could make a dent in my scales, or a Zebra!". He glared over to Dunder, there was clearly a rift between the two, It could of been Dunder's hate for dragon's, or just Red's arrogance.

"Now which one of you namby pamby ponies have some gem's I could have? I am starved from the flight I had to take here"

((Can I get a rough age of the characters RPing here?))

Dusty returned to the shop after retrieving a load of coal and vial of gold nuggets. Both of which he mines up during his travels and in several secret locations. Pulling a small cart with three fifty pound bags stacked in it. All burlap which he packages himself lest a customer orders by the ton. Unhooking himself and stepping into the shop again.

"Here ya go, sir!" Dusty placed a small vial of gold on the counter, probably about an ounce worth. "Brough a hundred and fifty pounds of coal for ya too and left a mailing address in case you ever wish to order supplies from me. I've got a few mines around Equestria." Dusty looked at Black with a wide smile; happy to see the smith working on his boots and that they were coming along very well at that.

He pointed his hoof out the back door. "There should be some gemstones out back. Just don't eat them all." He told the dragon as he placed the newly smithed boots on the counter as they gave off a mirror shine from the new steel plates. "Ah. Good to know. Here are your new boots. I used a new steel alloy to make them lighter and more versatile. All the protection at half of the weight. They are as good as new."

Dusty rolled his eyes at the dragon's comment. Taking his boots and strapping them on. Crouching, stepping, tapping and twisting his hooves this way and that to feel them out. Smiling as he was more than pleased. "These are great! I think I'll be a regular customer here. I put a lot of mileage on these things."

"It is a special metal said to contain strong magic." He opened the book and showed the digger a type of ore that had a light green tint to it. "Orichalcum. It is very rare. I have been all over Equestria and I have never found it. Maybe you can have better luck then I did."

Red came back into the house with a pile of gemstones in his arms, "Stripes, you got an entire mine deposit out there!" Red said, while stuffing his face with some Rubies "Flawless! These taste great!" as he chewed them in his mouth, his giant teeth grinding and smashing them.

Dusty recognised the ore, tapping his chin as he tried to remember where he had seen it before. "Yeah, thats rare. I've found some before but the little bit was given to my parents for their jewelry work. However...I can get you some. No promise on how much or how pure the ore will be but I can get you Orichalcum. But when would you need it?"

"If you need to call me something, Mr. Black will do....but I am glad you like them." He corrected the Dragon before turned back to Dusty. "As soon as you find it. If I can get a little pure out of it, it would be worth it. In trade, I will wave anything you need smithing free of charge for each trip you bring me that ore."

Dusty glanced at the dragon. "No offence but to my knowledge that stuff only occurs in the deepest parts of the planet's crust and lava utterly destroys it so volcano can't bring any to the surface. REGUARDLESS!" He stomped a hoof, clanging at the floor with his shiny new boots. "I'll get right on it if the dragon doesn't beat me to it. heh."

Red got up again leaving the pile of gems scattered all over the floor "Listen pointy-head, You dont think I have never been underground?" Red got face to face with him "Dont think so now? Or do I have to dangle you by one leg again?" Dusty could smell Red, he was that close.