[Canterlot]A Night Under the Stars, (xIceStormX, MyLittlePonyTales, PM to Join)

IceStorm

2wmm3ux.jpg

Ice Storm didn’t seem to notice Moondancer over by the window, but the other two ponies looked like they did as they waved in her general direction. An excellent excuse to join the fun if there was any![colour=#cc0033] “Hi girls!” [/colour]the white unicorn cheered as she opened the door into the cozy café;[colour=#cc0033] “Ice Storm; I haven’t seen you around since our graduation from magic school! And Fire Storm, tehehe; shouldn’t you be… whoa whoa WHOAAAA!!!!”[/colour]

Having trotted closer to the table with all the action, it was only at that moment did Moondancer recognize the previously unknown pony. Chest plate and flank marked with a crescent moon, star-like twinkles in her mane, crown nestled atop her horned head… ohhh, and wings to boot too; Moondancer felt like slapping herself for failing to identify the Princess of the Night!

[colour=#cc0033]“Princess Luna!”[/colour] the young mare exclaimed in shock, proceeding to bow as she believed proper etiquette entailed; [colour=#cc0033]“Is that really-?”[/colour] Moondancer stopped herself mid-sentence and mid-bow upon realizing that the princess was casually sitting down with two unicorns she knew. [colour=#cc0033]“Eh heh heh; sorry sorry…”[/colour] Moondancer embarrassedly chuckled as she got back up; [colour=#cc0033]“I totally can’t believe I didn’t recognize you earlier, Princess Luna. Whatcha’ doing hanging out with Fire and Ice here?”[/colour]

Recalling her original reason to come to the café, the blushing mare added; [colour=#cc0033]“Oh heh heh; do you girls mind if I sit down with ya’? I uhhh... could use some study buddies right now actually... and you’re the first ponies I can find tonight... honest!”[/colour] Moondancer hoped the group of three would let her join in, her anticipation swelling over the possibility that Princess Luna herself could be one of her study buddies!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[colour=#000080]Luna smiled, but looked a bit sheepish as she replied to Ice Storm. “Thank you. But I wouldn't really consider myself brave. True, I've come a long way since my return, but I think a lot of that was accepting that I deserved whatever verdict everypony was going to pass on me. I had hope that I could redeem myself, but I didn't expect it after what I'd done.” she gave a sigh of relief. “Thankfully, most ponies have been more forgiving than I think they rightly should be—it's a testament to the kindness of ponies everywhere. Believe it or not, there are those in Canterlot that aren't complete snobs.”

She looked the blue Unicorn in the eyes. “I'm not going to tell you how to run your life, Ice Storm. But you admit that you look up to me—so know that I have also had to make amends with those I have wronged, and those who wronged me. Losing your temper isn't the answer, and I'm glad you knew well enough to get out of a bad situation before you made it worse. That also means there is plenty of room to fix past relationships. The pony you look up to has... maybe that will encourage you to as well.” Luna cleared her throat and fiddled with her mug with her hooves. She had the passion inside of her to be a princess, to be a leader, but there were times when a mere comment could sound like an order, so it was best for her to clarify.

“I am glad that you are learning more about your magic, and yourself.” Princess Luna turned to Fire Heart. “The School for Gifted Unicorns attracts many powerful magic users. However, those with much power tend to lack the control to go along with it. Just think about it, a school strongly dedicated to helping Unicorns perfect their magic. Perhaps the snobby Canterlot ponies are not so perfect after all?” she let the question dangle, hinting that though the ponies of Canterlot may have acted as if they were 'all that', they really weren't so different from those in other places in Equestria.

Luna's attention was diverted, however, as the white Unicorn she had waved to just a few moments before strolled into the cafe and called toward their table. She walked over casually, as if a princess being present didn't matter in the slightest, and she was just another random pony. It was... unusual, and if Luna had to consider it, a bit disrespectful. Of course the princess wanted to fit in, but it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge her status upon their first meeting. After all, she was sitting here chatting with two Unicorns, almost as if they were old friends. It was just odd, Luna found, for somepony to be so casual right off the bat.

But, once she'd reached the table and finished greeting her friends, 'Moondancer'—as Fire Heart had called her—apparently noticed the princess. Well, she'd been run into and looked straight in the eyes while in the middle of Canterlot and still not been recognized, although at the time she had about the same size as most everypony else, and her magic had not yet set in and created her astral mane. But Luna acknowledged the bow, nodding both to indicate that she was indeed Princess Luna, and to silently motion for Moondancer to rise.

“Well, I just ran into them this evening, and of course I wouldn't want anypony to be traveling the streets alone at this hour.” Luna answered Moondancer. “I can't say that I had any plans, and Fire Heart suggested this place, so... here we are. We've just been chatting tonight, seeing as Ice Storm and Fire Heart had some questions for me.” she glanced at the two, trying to indicate that it was their decision whether or not they wanted Moondancer to stick around.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice listened once again as Princess Luna began to share her wisdom with her. She told her that she first had to accept whatever verdict that everypony else wanted to pass on her for her misdeeds, and had seen that many ponies were, "far too forgiving" as she put it. She still wasn't sure why she thought so low of herself anymore, but she couldn't be one to judge. Ice wasn't feeling very high about herself right now either. She listened as she stated that not all ponies in Canterlot were complete snobs and when Luna started looking Ice directly in the eyes, she made sure to listen. She heard Luna tell her that she wasn't going to tell her how to live her life, but explained that she had to make amends with everypony that she has wronged and everypony she felt had wronged her before she could get to where she was. She told her that she had been able to do so, and that if she could do it, then Ice should be able to as well. Her words hit her in such away that it drew her thoughts back to her parents. She'd never admit it anymore if anypony asked about them but she still deeply loved them and always hoped that at some point they had come looking for her. She badly wanted to make amends with everything that had happened in the past with her parents and she did hope that they had changed back into the parents that she loved. The only thing was, was that she was far too scared to seek them out. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She gave the princess another quick thank you hug for the words that she had spoken to her.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Thank you Princess. I've been wanting to try to make amends for a few years now. I'm just... to put it bluntly to scared to even approach them. I don't want to get my hopes so high that they've changed only to have them crushed a second time by the same ponies. I've just now managed to barely get over them abandoning me the first time... I honestly don't think I could handle a second betrayal of that magnitude again. I promise you though, I will do what I can to set things right, even though I'm still not entirely sure what I had done wrong to begin with to warrant the actions that were taken to begin with,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated as Fire began to tell the story about her parents. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]It was indeed a much nicer story than what Ice's had been. Fire's mother actually quite her career for her foal, while her father helped others with relationship problems and the sorts. Her eyes widened a bit when she heard that and thought on the issue. Of course it wouldn't be likely that she could convince her parents to go into something like that and try to use therapy to get them back to how the were, but it was something that could be worth trying. That being said, she'd have to find her parents again, and Fillydelphia is a large city. There's no telling whether or not they will be in the same house or not. Oh well, she'd look into it whenever she built up the courage to actually find her parents again. Right now, she was still too scared to try. [/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Well, I may have to talk to your father at some point and see if he has any suggestions on how to handle my situation,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told her still somewhat relieved that she knew of at least one avenue of help. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She then heard another, somewhat familiar voice speak up at the two of them. She looked up to see a white unicorn heading towards them, and considering that she knew Ice's name, she had to know her from somewhere, and when Fire stated Moondancer's name, Ice's eyes went wide. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Moon! Oh my it has been for-ever,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated her mood feeling better almost instantly. She couldn't help but let out a small giggle as she fumbled over words and actions when she realized that the pony next to them was The Princess of the Night. She listened as Luna mentioned that they've just been sitting here chatting after randomly meeting in the park. Moondancer then asked if she could join them and Ice nodded. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Sure, I don't mind. It will be nice to catch up! Getting to meet my favorite Princess and idol, and catching up with an old friend... this is turning out to be the best night ever!"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice said happily. [/colour]

While the sagely words were not directed towards her, Fire Heart still listened to hear them for her sake as well. Luna spoke of how one must forgive those who hurt while asking others to forgive. The red unicorn merely nodded in recognition of the Princess's words, remembering them for a time in the future when she made need to forgive or ask for forgiveness.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm glad that you're willing to give your parents another chance Ice. I wouldn't go in thinking that you somehow did something wrong but instead thinking about doing something right when it comes to trying to talk with them again. If they still act the way they did, well then you know that you did your best. As for my father, sure you can talk with him. I'll see him for the Hearth's Warming season, so I'll tell him about you." [/colour]

Luna then mentioned about the school Fire was attending.

[colour=#FF0000]"You're right Princess, I do like my school and I'm happy I got accepted. I have actually met some ponies who knew fire magic too, although not from school. You're right about my magic though, it's powerful but I still need to work on the control part. Thankfully I'm better now, not setting anything accidentally on fire."[/colour]

Just then Moondancer entered and was about to say hello to Fire when she stopped seeing the Princess sitting there. The red unicorn could only guess how Moon was feeling seeing not only some familiar ponies but the Princess herself.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi there, Moondancer. It's been a while since I last saw you in the magic practice room. Sure you can join us. The more the merrier. I just met Ice Storm and Princess Luna a little time ago and now were friends. So, how are you doing? [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer was relieved to hear the Princess Luna didn’t seem to take offense to her barging in on the group like that. It still felt very much topsy-turvy seeing the Princess of the Night casually sitting there in a nearly deserted café without any guards or entourage around, but the white unicorn handily bought her explanation for being there; who in there right minds would want to be alone on any night? Meanwhile both Ice Storm and Fire Heart were excited to see Moondancer drop by, bidding her to join them.

[colour=#cc0033]“Thanks girls... and thank you Princess!”[/colour] beamed Moondancer as she took het seat; [colour=#cc0033]“And yeah Ice... it’s been waaaaaaaaaaay too long. I heard stories that you moved to Ponyville and set up an ice cream shop there. Tell me, how are the ponies there? Have you made friends just as awesome as me?”[/colour] Giggling at her jesting praise to herself, the young mare set down her saddlebags and levitated their contents onto the table, setting up a small work area complete with a modest book stack. While busy with this task, she addressed Fire; [colour=#cc0033]“Sorry I haven’t been around the practice hall as much as I’d like, Fire. Midterms are coming up, and I had to cut down on my volunteer hours to get all my studying and work done on time. Otherwise, I’d procrastinate myself to death!”[/colour]

Her workspace now set up, Moondancer telekinetically moved the book on top of her pile and set it down right behind her papers. Magically turning the pages until she reached a book mark, she then began to analyze its contents in a quest to look for quotable passages. [colour=#cc0033]“So Princess Luna,”[/colour] the alabaster mare asked; [colour=#cc0033]“How do you like the Happy Bean so far? I usually prefer coming here when there’re more ponies around, but this time of night ain’t bad too. Faster service for one thing, tehehehehe...”[/colour] Remembering that she hadn’t asked for coffee yet, Moondancer shouted towards the front counter; [colour=#cc0033]“Excuse me miss, I’d like some caramel macchiato please?”[/colour]

Turning back towards her book, the young unicorn questioned Luna once more;[colour=#cc0033] “Do you have any favorite type of coffee by any chance, Your Highness? It really comes in handy when you’re cramming late at night..... hehehe, somehow I doubt you need it... but still.”[/colour] Even if her question turned out to be very stupid, Moondancer was always the sort of pony who’d rather ask a stupid question and laugh over her foolishness later instead of eternally keeping her mouth shut out of fear.....

[colour=#000080]”Well, you don't really have anything to lose, do you? If they reject you again, you'll just be in the same spot you are now, but at least you'd know their feelings for sure. For all you know, they've been looking for you all this time. And maybe they'd welcome you back with open hooves. Maybe they realized the error of their ways, and felt abandoned by you after you left. Did you ever think you might not be the only one being hurt in this situation?” Luna didn't like to press the issue, as she could see it was upsetting to Ice Storm, but she felt deep within her that it was important to ask forgiveness and forgive those who had hurt you. Even if the feeling wasn't mutual, at least you had put fourth the effort and tried to set things right.

She turned to Fire Heart and nodded. “Everypony has their own power, talents, and limits. Everyone is different, so there's no specific way to learn control of magic except to practice. There are even those that try to avoid using magic altogether because of a lack of control, but that's only a temporary solution. If you get scared or there's an emergency, is it not better to know how to use magic, rather than just chancing using it randomly?” Luna sighed. “At least you're the type to seek out help to hone your abilities, rather than those that try to do so alone and can end up hurting themselves or others. Though that generally happens when somepony tries to practice in an unsafe environment, because they want so badly to prove that they can handle it themselves. I can understand the need for independence, but nopony should think asking for help in any situation is somehow wrong.”

Luna certainly didn't mind a third party joining them, as Ice Storm and Fire Heart invited Moon Dancer to sit at their table. The more the merrier, after all. Luna was mostly grateful anypony would willing spend time with her at all. She blushed though, when Ice Storm referred to her as an “idol.” She felt such praises were superfluous, even if she did appreciate them. It was just a bit odd, to hear things said of herself that a thousand years ago ponies would only say of Celestia, without giving Luna a second thought as being even slightly comparable. The princess had to smile when Fire Heart referred to them as “friends.” It seemed her circle of acquaintances had been growing since her reappearance in Equestria, and she was grateful and pleasantly surprised for everypony willing to give her a chance.

“You're quite welcome. Moon Dancer, was it?” Were Luna a normal pony, she likely would have extended a hoof and introduced herself. But, being a princess, meetings tended to be one-sided, with herself learning the names of everypony, even though everypony already knew who she was. “It's a pleasure.”

“Well, it's quiet, and cleanly.” she replied to Moon Dancer's question. “I find it interesting that places are open in the evening.” she paused as the white mare ordered her beverage. “As for coffee, I'm really more of a tea mare myself.” she wasn't opposed to a cup of coffee now and then, of course, but the drinks nowadays were a bit more complicated than she remembered. 'Coffee' nowadays encompassed a wide variety of drinks, many of which Luna didn't recognize and so couldn't say if she would like them.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]When the princess had spoken up to Ice and told her that she didn't really have anything to lose by trying, and everything to gain, she sighed. The princess was right. At this point she'd hardened herself to the point to where she honestly didn't have anything to lose. She added that if her parents feelings were indeed the same then she at least tried to set things right and knew where their stance was on the matter. The words that really hit Ice though where her next ones, when Princess Luna stated that perhaps they actually have been looking for her that she wasn't the only pony that had been devastatingly hurt by the situation. A few tears formed in Ice's eyes. If the princess was right and they had truly changed... then she'd been no less of a monster to her parents as they had been to her.

She took a moment to collect her thoughts while the Princess, Moondancer, and Fire Heart spoke to each other. Luna and fire more about the magic academy while Moon was asking if the princess would like something to drink while she placed her order. She also asked the princess of what she thought of the place, but Ice didn't really focus on the answer as her mind drifted back to her parents. What if they had changed... what if she was right? The only way that she would know would be to seek them out. It wasn't going to be something that would be easy for her to do though, and it would require a lot of asking around. She lifted her head back up from looking at the table and then nodded internally at herself. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"You're right,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told the princess. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"The only problem is, is that I have no idea where they are anymore... or even if they are still in Fillydelphia. Do you know of any way that I would be able to locate them without having to traverse the entire empire to do so?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked the princess.

Just then she had heard Moondancer ask about her move to Ponyville and if she had made any friends there as awesome as she was. She couldn't help but chuckle, and if anypony knew how to lighten a mood, it was Moondancer. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I've met a couple that could almost match you that's for sure. One of which being Rarity. I can't honestly say that I was expecting to become such good friends with one of the element bearers, but she's helped me through a lot since I've moved there and then there's Lore Weaver that has let me live out of his place until I can afford mine. That being said though, Rarity was the one that made this for me," [/colour][colour=#000080]she said pulling out her dress and standing up briefly to put it back on. She'd take it off again later, but right now, it felt oddly fitting to be in her formal attire.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "She made it for me when I first arrived at Ponyville, and she let me pay on it over time, and I quite honestly still think that she undercharged me for it. The reason I have it tonight was because prior to going to the park where I happened to run into the Princess and Fire, I had attended the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala. I was trying to give Canterlot a second chance after well... shoot you know what I went through here. You were one of the only friends I could talk to here,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated not very proud of that fact. It wasn't that she wasn't proud to have Moondancer as a friend, because she was. It was the fact that Mon Dancer up until tonight had been one of her only friends here that made her a bit upset. Thankfully though, tonight had gone a long way to fixing that. [/colour]

(OOC: Ice's Dress:

post-3252-0-92027900-1357101513_thumb.pn

)

Fire Heart smiled when her friend Moondancer agreed to take a seat. It had truly been a while since the two met last. Both were busy, Moon with her studies at the university and Fire at Princess Celestia's School. Sometimes she felt like they were two ships passing in the night. She liked her as a friend, even though they were afew years apart.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thant's ok Moondancer. I was kind of busy too last week with magic exams and some essays. Thankfully I have a little break now. Looks like you're still busy studying. I remember when I first met you. I had my first magic exam and I was freaking out that I'd fail it and I couldn't control my magic and was aflame in the middle of the practice hall. But then you helped me calm down and took the time to make sure I knew everything."[/colour]

While Moondancer was busy studying and asking questions, Princess Luna then spoke to Fire about her abilities.

[colour=#000080] “Everypony has their own power, talents, and limits. Everyone is different, so there's no specific way to learn control of magic except to practice. There are even those that try to avoid using magic altogether because of a lack of control, but that's only a temporary solution. If you get scared or there's an emergency, is it not better to know how to use magic, rather than just chancing using it randomly? At least you're the type to seek out help to hone your abilities, rather than those that try to do so alone and can end up hurting themselves or others. Though that generally happens when somepony tries to practice in an unsafe environment, because they want so badly to prove that they can handle it themselves. I can understand the need for independence, but nopony should think asking for help in any situation is somehow wrong.”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You're right, Princess. Everypony is different. Even those that I've met who have fire magic are different. That's what I've been doing actually, practicing every chance I can to hone my abilities. Since you mentioned avoiding using magic, I once considered not using that out of fear of hurting somepony, but I later realized that it was better to have it and practice it rather than to reject it. Thankfully my parents saw that too and put me in the school so I can learn and practice safely. I knew that trying to go it alone with learning my magic would only be disastrous."[/colour]

The older filly listened to Ice Storm speak to Princess Luna, not wanting to interrupt the important conversation of finding her parents. Then Moondancer, as she was known to do, helped lighten the mood asking about Ice's friends. The blue unicorn then produced and slipped on a beautiful white dress with blue gems on it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh wow, that dress is amazing Ice. You look so pretty in it! Your friend Rarity really has a talent for making dresses. I actually don't own a dress because... you know... the whole bursting into flames thing. If I could find a fire-proof dress, than that would be something. That Lore Weaver must also be nice letting you stay there at his house while you found one. But wait a minute, did you say something about Rarity being an element bearer?"[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Ice Storm... friends with an element bearer? Icy sure was having an awesome time in Ponyville, thought Moondancer. As if to further demonstrate just how absolutely lucky she was, Icy brought out a fabulous white dress that her friend Rarity had made for her to wear at the Not-Quite-as-Grand... wait, the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala? [colour=#cc0033]“Ah shoot!”[/colour] gasped Moondancer; [colour=#cc0033]“I forgot the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala was tonight! Ohh, I should have remembered from all those ads around town for it!”[/colour] The mare settled down after a moment, rationalizing that it was more important this night to be working on schoolwork anyway.

Knowing how important her friendship was to Ice Storm, Moondancer also figured that at least seeing Icy again away from the hustle of a formal event was worth meeting her here instead. [colour=#cc0033]“Anyway, that dress is absolutely gorgeous Icy! Uggh, you make me wanna’ go over to your friend Rarity’s and buy one of her dresses for myself. It’s too bad my closet back at the dorms can’t fit any more dresses in it.”[/colour] Sighing, Moondancer knew this next part of the conversation came dangerously close to party-pooping, but it needed to be said in Canterlot’s defense; [colour=#cc0033]“I’m sorry that things in Canterlot didn’t work out for you, Icy. This city really is an awesome place to live when you’re not focused on trying to impress rich folk all the time. I’ve heard nice things about Ponyville, but seriously, I don’t know if I could ever move away from here. I just loooove Canterlot!”[/colour]

When Moondancer heard Fire Heart reminisce over their first meeting, the college student giggled; [colour=#cc0033]“Ah yeah, I remember that. I also believe that you aced that exam too, tehehe.”[/colour] Fire Heart hadn’t been one of the more confident students at the school, but dang did she have lots of heart... pun intended as always. [colour=#cc0033]“So Fire,”[/colour] Moondancer asked; [colour=#cc0033]“Whatcha’ learning about in magic school right now? Get a chance to meet Counselor Immie yet? I don’t think you’ll need to go to those mandated evaluation meetings for another few weeks or so, but you oughta meet her beforehand anyway. I’ll tell you; Immie’s really super-awesome if you get to know her.”[/colour] Even though Ingrid Marie was technically the school counselor, Moondancer would rate her as her favorite teacher ever no matter what.

Now noticing that Her Highness had addressed her, Moondancer happily nodded to let Princess Luna know that she got her name right. The white unicorn still felt it was very surreal to casually talk with the princess like what she and her friends were doing now, but Luna already seemed to be a really swell gal. Moondancer interrupted her mental introspection though to levitate some bits over to the front counter. In return, the cashier telekinetically delivered her caramel macchiato over to her table. Liking her first taste of her drink, the young mare asked Luna about tea; [colour=#cc0033]“So you’re a tea person, eh? Just wondering, but does that mean you get to have late-night tea parties? I know that tea time is supposed to be in the afternoon and all, but I don’t think those would mesh well with your schedule... do they?”[/colour]

What better way to bond with a princess than yap about stereotypically-princessy things to do like tea parties? How could fifty “My Little Princess” tea-set advertisements be wrong in that regard? Such did Moondancer jokingly mused as she returned to her books.....

[colour=#000080]”Hmmm....” Luna tapped a hoof on her chin at Ice Storm's question. Equestria was rather large, and if Ice Storm's parents had indeed been looking for her, they might have moved around quite a bit. Though there was the possibility they had given up altogether, and returned to their hometown of Fillydelphia. But how could one pony find another in such a large city? Sure, as a princess she could always send out some kind of announcement about the search, but that seemed a bit extravagant and would probably place a lot of unnecessary attention on Ice Storm and her family.

“Well, for starters, you could write to your old home address and see if they're still there. Or perhaps, if they do not, the new owners know where they went.” she paused, trying to think of something a little more widespread. “What about an ad in the paper? Something short, with your name and where you can be reached by mail, and of course your purpose. You could place one in Fillydelphia, for starters.” Luna smiled at the prospected of reuniting Ice with her parents.

“Oh come now. You know all the bearers of the Elements of Harmony were normal, average ponies like any of you. I don't think becoming an Element has really changed that. I'm sure they all still have hobbies and aspirations. They still have to go to work, and make a living. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Rarity did undercharge you. Her Element is Generosity, after all. Of course, many ponies possess the same qualities as the bearers do, or other that aren't part of the core six.”

“But you say you went to some kind of party? How then, are you enjoying Canterlot?” Luna loved this site, built into the mountainside, with its towering spires and bustling markets. But, she knew that many ponies came to feel entitled, living in the same city as the very rulers of Equestria. As such, the were liable to snub anypony from out of town, regardless of their origin or upbringing.

She listened quietly as Fire Heart and Moon Dancer went on about their classes and studies at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. It was great to see young ponies interested in their education. Though she was a heavy magic user herself, each pony had a unique talent or ability, so there always seemed to be something to learn, even for a princess.

“Well, I suppose I could.” Luna answered Moon Dancer. “Although I think they would be lonely tea parties. Really, who's going to come to tea at midnight?” she laughed lightly at the idea. “That is correct though, I definitely miss the normal afternoon teatime. Well, sacrifices come with the territory.” she said, perhaps sounding a little forlorn.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice listened as Luna mentioned off several different ways of trying to get in contact with her parents again. She said that being a princess, she could make an announcement about the entire issue, which while would be the quickest way to over come the issue and reunite them, would also put a great strain on the family. Especially if the reunion didn't end up working out as planned by either Ice or Luna. The last thing that she wanted was to diminish the image of the princess even more by having a public reunion ceremony only to have her parents spit in both of their faces. She mention that she could always go back to Fillydelphia and try looking for them there, but then if they had actually been looking for her, then it was unlikely that they would actually still be in Fillydelphia. that bing said though, that it would be at least the most obvious place to start. She also mentioned writing a letter to the home address that they had originally had. That would be a good idea if I remembered what the address was... that was so long ago... she thought to herself. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I suppose that the paper would be the best bet, seeing as I kinda don't remember what our old address was,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she smiled sheepishly. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Then everypony started to comment on the dress that she had put back on from the Gala, which Moondancer said that she had completely meant to go but had completely forgotten about it. Ice could help but let out a small laugh. Some things never change, she thought with a giggle. She then heard Fire ask about Rarity being an element bearer. She was going to answer her, but Luna beat her to the punch when she stated that even though that Rarity was a bearer of one of the elements, she was still just a normal pony just like anypony else, and that she wouldn't have been surprised if she had indeed undercharged her, considering the that she was the Element of Generosity. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I suppose that is true, though I still felt bad about it. I know now how much work and dedication that she puts into each and every one of her dresses, and having known that, she deserves every bit that she has her dresses priced at. Not to mention they are already far cheaper than anything I've seen in Canterlot,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated. She personally couldn't believe some of the prices here, especially the cost of the supplies to run her old shop here. Everything was so much cheaper in Ponyville and it was all, at least in her opinion, much higher quality. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice couldn't help but giggle slightly when Moon address the fact that Luna was a tea mare, and ask if she's had some really awesome late-night tea parties. She could help but let out a small display of sorrow though when the princess stated that it would be a Lonely tea party, bring her back to the thing that she absolutely hated the most about everypony else for active trying to avoid her. She'd already stated her views on that though several times to the princess, doing so again would just be playing a broken record. Ice knew that the princess knew that she at least cared about her. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Well, considering that I'm up pretty late frequently anyways, I would be perfectly happy to join you for a late evening tea-party anytime that you'd like to have one Princess. After all, my schedule at the moment is pretty lax, so I can be here practically at any time, and not to mention the train ride here is only a couple hours. It'd be easy for me to close up in the afternoon here and make it here in time. That is of course if you'd like to do something like that princess of course,"[/colour][colour=#000080] She stated as Luna asked about the party. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh, the Gala was great! While I'm still not completely fond of Canterlot because of the numerous negative experiences I've had here, this night so far as gone a long way to making me like this city again as long as I stay out of the noble's district,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she smiled. [/colour]

Fire Heart was happy that Ice was being proactive finding her parents. At least finding them would set her mind at ease. If they accepted her, then she would be happy, but if they still mistreated her, then she wouldn't at least have to dwell upon the what ifs.

[colour=#CC0033]“So Fire,”[/colour] Moondancer asked; [colour=#CC0033]“Whatcha’ learning about in magic school right now? Get a chance to meet Counselor Immie yet? I don’t think you’ll need to go to those mandated evaluation meetings for another few weeks or so, but you oughta meet her beforehand anyway. I’ll tell you; Immie’s really super-awesome if you get to know her.”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Actually I met her a little in passing, but I haven't had a metting with her yet. Actually I think there's one next week. But it's glad that she sounds really nice."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#000080]“Oh come now. You know all the bearers of the Elements of Harmony were normal, average ponies like any of you. I don't think becoming an Element has really changed that. I'm sure they all still have hobbies and aspirations. They still have to go to work, and make a living.”[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh I know that the Element Bearers are normal. It was just something I was interested in. But you're right, Element or no Element all ponies have their lives. Although if I had an Element, it would probably be for starting campfires or making smores due to the fire."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#0000FF]"Well, considering that I'm up pretty late frequently anyways, I would be perfectly happy to join you for a late evening tea-party anytime that you'd like to have one Princess. After all, my schedule at the moment is pretty lax, so I can be here practically at any time, and not to mention the train ride here is only a couple hours. It'd be easy for me to close up in the afternoon here and make it here in time. That is of course if you'd like to do something like that princess of course,"[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You know a tea party seems like a good idea for me. I'm up late sometimes just wandering around the city or fire dancing, but I think that would be really fun."[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moondancer returned Ice Storm’s laugh with a giggle as she reminisced about all the fun times she had with her blue-coated friend. They hadn’t seen each other for a long time, yet here they were acting just like old times. Now all that they needed to do was have a slumber party one of these days, and things would be even better than they were in the not-so-distant past.

Taking a sip of her drink, Moondancer briefly returned to her books as Princess Luna answered her tea party question with another. What sort of silly question was that? Of course she’d go to a midnight tea party! Adding to the chorus of enthusiastic support, the white unicorn jokingly chimed in; [colour=#cc0033]“I’m sorry Princess Luna, but I don’t know if I have the ability to stay up past midnight.”[/colour] Knowing that Icy knew all about her nocturnal habits, Moondancer waited a beat before looking up from her schoolwork; [colour=#cc0033]“Who am I kidding? I’m not actually sure if I can even go to bed before 2AM. Of course I’d be down for a late-night tea party with you, Your Highness!”[/colour]

Hearing that Fire Heart hadn’t formally met Counselor Ingrid Marie yet, Moondancer thought it the opportune time to talk about her favorite mentor; [colour=#cc0033]“Counselor Immie’s really super cool, Fire. If there’s one thing I can say about her..... she’ll never give up on anypony. Not... ever! Heh, I remember back when I first pulled off a teleportation spell in one of my classes and how I barfed from all the nausea. I told my teacher that I never wanted to do it again because it felt so bad, even though few unicorns even have the ability to teleport at all. So my teacher dropped the subject... but Immie didn’t.”[/colour]

Pausing for a moment to envision her magic school days, the moon-flanked mare took her face out of her tome again and brought her gaze to Fire; [colour=#cc0033]“When Immie heard of what I did, she came up to me and instructed me not to give up on my teleporting ability . I tried telling her about my queasiness, but she had none of it. Instead, the counselor got me a ticket to see this dancer... I can’t her name for the life of me right now, but anyway, this dancer was also one of the few magically-adapt unicorns out there that could warp around. And let me tell you, that dancer’s routine was simply breathtaking; when that show ended, I knew right there and then that I wanted to pull her special moves too.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]“And so I stuck at it; Immie giving me tips on how to better adjust to magically disassembling myself on the molecular level and all that jazz. Every time I felt like I wanted to give up, I would think back to that performance she bought me the ticket for and I’d then change my mind. So the more I practiced teleportation, the less sick I felt each time. By the time I graduated from Celestia’s school... well, Icy has seen what I can do, tehehe. Point is, I owe Immie thanks for believing in myself when I refused to do so. And I’m sure that no matter how much you struggle in your studies Fire, Counselor Immie will be there for you.”[/colour] By the time Moondancer’s heartfelt spiel ceased, her face beamed with a million bit smile.....

[colour=#000080]Luna turned to Ice Storm. ”You see? It should be easy to send relatively the same advertisement to cities around Equestria. If there's not answer... well, you won't be any worse off than you are now, right? Certainly won't hurt anything to try to find them, especially if you don't even have to go anywhere. But maybe it will help ease your mind a little, knowing you're at least doing your part to mend the relationship.” she smiled sympathetically. Ice Storm had certainly had a rough time of things, but Luna knew all too well that she had been let down by many ponies in the past. And being a princess didn't stop her from being fallible and making mistakes either.

“Thank you for the offer of attending a midnight tea party, all of you. I shall consider taking you up on that offer.” Luna took a sip of her drink. “I suppose this is sort of like a tea party though, don't you think? In a very broad sense of the word.” she looked around the cafe. “Although I don't think Canterlot is quite so bad. After all, you just attended a party here, no? And aren't your friends here residences of Canterlot?” she gestured to Fire Heart and Moondancer. “Anywhere you go, you're sure to find a few mean ponies. All you have to do is just look past them for the good ones.” she grinned at the red and white Unicorns.

Princess Luna looked to Fire Heart next. “So Fire Heart, you don't own any dresses because you still haven't mastered your magic? That's silly, every filly should be able to have at least one dress. How else do you plan to impress the stallions?” The princess winked playfully. “You know, Rarity is a Unicorn. And I mean, so are you... I bet you could find somepony that could enchant a garment to be fireproof. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about turning the outfit to ashes.” Luna smiled at her own suggestion

“That's quite a story, Moondancer.” The princess had listened patiently as the white mare went on about her magic studies. “I'm glad to hear the you didn't give up... and there was also somepony else who wasn't willing to give up on you. Sometimes ponies quit something when they're young, and nopony else stops them... and then later in life, it turns out to be a skill they wished they'd learned. I'm sure Celestia had something to do with her hiring. Encouraging the future generations is a valuable and admirable trait.” Luna nodded sagely.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice smiled and nodded when Luna told her that it may not be as difficult to find her parents as she expected, and that even if it didn't end up working out, she wouldn't really be in a different situation at all. She then mentioned that Canterlot can't be all that bad. After all, she had just attended a party, and now she had a few mazing friends here in Canterlot, which she was thankful for. She stated that you could run into mean ponies anywhere, and that all you had to do was look for the good ones. Perhaps she had been to hasty in her departure from Canterlot. After all, the section that she was in now was quite nice. That being said though, her store was doing far better in Ponyville than it ever had here. Though she might re-open a smaller store here for when she wants to stay a few days here in Canterlot. She wouldn't open it in the market though like she did before. Possibly a moving stand in the park. After all, a park was the best place to eat a snow cone!

She then heard Moondancer tell the story about the time when she first tried teleportation. Ice shuddered. Not from the story, but from her own experiences with teleportation. She could do it easily enough, but not consecutively, and definitely not more than two to three times a day at max. It always left her completely drained and sick to her stomach for the most part. Similar to what Moon was describing. She wasn't sure if she just wasn't doing it right or what, but she generally tried not to teleport unless she had absolutely no other choice in the matter. She also listened how the princess told her that she was lucky to have somepony else there to stop her from giving up and to push her and that she herself didn't give up. Ice nodded. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"That's honestly what I was missing. When I initially left, I was expecting at least somepony in Fillydelphia to stop me because even I'll admit I didn't have much of a plan. Here seemed like the best plan and walking seemed like the best way to do it so that's what I did. I was actually hoping somepony would stop me, or that my parents would have come after me then but... that never happened so... here I am,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated with Fire Heart speaking up.

She said that if she had an element, that her element would probably be fire related like a campfire or making smore's or something like that. She had to let out a small giggle. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"If the elements worked like that I'd have to say that mine would be ice related. After all my cutie mark is comprised of a mound of snow and two shards of ice,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she laughed.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Princess Luna then brought up the idea of the tea party again stating that it would be a good idea, and that they kinda were already having one. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"True, and I personally wouldn't mind this night being a recurring theme with the four of us meeting here every week or so and share some stories from the previous week. That is of course, depending on everypony else's availability as well,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said confidently hearing Luna and Fire talk about the fact that she couldn't really wear dresses because of the spontaneous combustion that she does. She nodded at the fire resistant comment and decided to add in a bit. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I'm sure Rarity would be able to make you something that you'd look absolutely smoking in. Knowing Rarity, she might even make it to where when you're on fire it has some neat and awesome colouration effect or something,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she smiled happily. She had complete confidence that if this pony needed a dress, Rarity would not fail. For all she knew, there wasn't a dress in creation that Rarity couldn't make. [/colour]

The red unicorn listened as Moondancer spoke about her first experience meeting Ingrid Marie. Fire was glad to heard that there was such a devoted teacher who was not willing to give up and instead encouraged others to continue with their goal, no matter how impossible it may have seemed at the time.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thanks for telling me about Miss Marie, Moon. I'm glad that she was able to help you learn to teleport, and I think she'll be able to help me as well. I think I'm going to ask her about what I want to do with my skill career wise."[/colour]

Fire then listened as Princess Luna helped ease the concerns of Ice Storm, mentioning how not all ponies were bad from and area.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm from Canterlot, Ice, and having lived here all my life I can say yeah there some bad apples here that I've met, but most of the ponies here are nice. I'm not sure how it is where you're living now since I've never been there, but if it's anything like here, it should be equally as good. I'd like to see Ponyville one day. It would be a nice change of pace. Oh, and as for the tea party or meeting here every week, that would be nice."[/colour]

The older filly heard both Ice Storm and Luna give advice on getting a fire proof dress from Ice's friend Rarity. Upon hearing Princess Luna mention about finding a special stallion and Ice mentoning looking "smoking" is a dress, Fire became red with embarrassment, or redder than her normal coat.

[colour=#FF0000]"Err... well, I haven't really thought about finding a special stallion," [/colour]the unicorn said trying to avoid the eyes of the other ponies as she shuffled her hooves, [colour=#FF0000]"I mean don't get me wrong I want to find a stallion who loves me one day, but I'm a little worried about meeting one and them neing afraid of me. I also don't want to accidentally burn the poor stallion either." [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

The white-coated mare almost did a spit take of her caramel macchiato as Fire Heart revealed that she wanted to learn teleportation too. [colour=#cc0033]“Just to let you know Fire,”[/colour] Moondancer warned once she swallowed her drink; [colour=#cc0033]“Only a few ponies who take that teleportation class learn to actually teleport themselves. Frankly, the most they’ll ever accomplish is warping other inanimate objects around... and really, that’s all you need to do in order to get a good grade in that class. So Fire, don’t stress out if you can’t teleport as good as me; I for one can’t cast fire spells as good as you can, tehehe.”[/colour]

Moondancer sagely nodded as Princess Luna chimed in about how glad she was to hear of the moon-flanked mare’s persistance. For the most part, anypony brave enough to sign up for a teleportation class at Celestia’s School vowed to never attempt self-warping again once the school year was through. Moondancer however stood as the exception to that rule. [colour=#cc0033]“To be honest,”[/colour] mused the mare; [colour=#cc0033]“I’m not sure what made Immie think I had potential with warping around. I mean sure, I was so initially fascinated with the subject that I’d always read ahead for my teleportation class, and I suppose I was able to teleport myself for the first time two months before any of my other classmates could. Hmmm... maybe that was what Counselor Immie noticed about me all along.”[/colour]

Shrugging, Moondancer next addressed Ingrid’s possible connection to Princess Celestia; [colour=#cc0033]“Actually Princess Luna, I’m not sure how much of a say your sister has when it comes to hiring professors for her school. From what I understand, it’s the school’s headmistress who does most of the work running the place day-to-day. Princess Celestia herself seems to be more of a hooves-off person, if you get what I’m saying. Err... feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about your sister, Luna; you’re the one who like... knows her and stuff.”[/colour]

Giggling over her perceived conversational blunder, Moondancer listened in as the Night Princess announced how glad she was that everypony here was up for midnight tea parties. Hearing Luna remind Ice Storm that she had good friends here in Canterlot, the Aetherology student took it as cue to plant a foreleg on Icy’s shoulder.[colour=#cc0033] “You got that right, Princess!”[/colour] Moondancer affirmed, giving her blue-coated friend a wink; [colour=#cc0033]“But I don’t know if I could come here at this time every week. I’ve always got so many things to do and so many ponies to hang out with that I sometimes derail my schedule!”[/colour] Taking a moment to laugh, the young mare added;[colour=#cc0033] “But I’ll make every effort I can... especially if it’ll mean a lot to you, Icy.”[/colour]

[colour=#000080]”Well, most nights are rather quiet.”[/colour] The princess responded to Ice Storm's suggestion about meeting regularly. [colour=#000080]”Although I'm not sure that meeting at the same place every week would be such a good idea. I'm sure somepony would get wind of it, and then the whole of Canterlot would be trying to join us just because a princess was involved.[/colour] Luna looked down at her cup, considering another sip, but realizing that it was empty. Well, it had been enjoyable while it lasted.

Luna nodded as Fire Heart considered a trip to Ponyville. [colour=#000080]“Ponyville is a quaint little town. It's really not very far, and I'd say it's worth a visit.”[/colour] she smiled, attempting to encourage the filly to think about it more intently. [colour=#000080]”And of course, it would be a nice excuse to visit Ice Storm as well, I'm sure.”[/colour] Luna grinned at the blue pony.

[colour=#000080]”If there's a stallion who's afraid of you, which I highly doubt, then I would say he's not the right one for you. I mean, I don't want to say I'm an expert on relationship advice, but if he can't accept you for who you are, flaws and all, would he really be a good match?”[/colour] Luna questioned Fire Heart expectantly. [colour=#000080]“Besides, you're doing just fine being around all of us, and nopony has gotten hurt. You walk down the streets of Canterlot every day, and does anypony treat you differently? I'd say it's quite easy to keep yourself from hurting others, so long as you don't focus on that. Perhaps your trouble is that, when you think about hurting somepony, that's when it happens, likely just because you're nervous. So if you relax and don't worry about hurting somepony, maybe it'll be less likely to happen. I don't know, just an idea.”[/colour] The princess smiled sheepishly, thinking she might have been rambling a bit.

[colour=#000080]Well, I'm not actually sure. Being as I guard the night, Celestia and I do not get to see each other as much as I would like.[/colour] The princess grew sad for a moment. [colour=#000080]”I'm aware that she likely does not do much of the hiring for the school—after all, she has much more important priorities. But I wouldn't be surprised if every now and then she kept tabs on the learning center that has her namesake attached to it. A certain amount of prestige is expected, a bit more than the other schools in Canterlot. Then again, I could just be entirely wrong.”[/colour] Luna ran a hoof around the top of her cup awkwardly, hoping for a change in conversation.

[colour=#000080]Ice nodded when the princess said that timely get togethers at a single spot wasn't such a good idea mainly because others would start noticing that the princess would have a normal spot of meeting at a normal time and then would try to become more involved with the nightly routine. It made sense, and it was a shame too, because she wanted Luna to be able to experience all the friendship that everypony had to offer her. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Well, we could always try to mix it up a bit, or we could always meet at the castle and pick a random destination from there. That way nopony else could predict where we were going and try to meet us there!"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice said as she listened to Luna speak about Ponyville. Stating that it was a nice little town and that it wasn't really far. She had mentioned to Fire that it would be indeed worth paying a visit, and would be a good excuse to visit her, which made Ice smile and flush a bit. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Moondancer then talked about how not many ponies learned how to teleport in that class. That most were just able to manipulate other things which was all that was needed to pass. She added that teleportation was very difficult. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I know, I was barely able to grasp it. I still can't do it without getting all woozey... so I do it as sparsely as possible. Though Moon's right, most can't even do that. I hope that you are able to though because that would most definitely be cool,[/colour][colour=#000080]" she smiled. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Also if you managed to visit Ponyville you could even visit my shop. I know that you don't really like the cold... but a little Ice cream never hurt anypony!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a giggle and smile. She then heard Moon say that if they did to the weekly meetings that she may not be able to be here every week with school and stuff. Ice gave a fake pouty face, [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Awww, okay... I understand, After all, college and passing is pretty important. I would have went myself but... I was ready to get out of school and never look back at it... So far it's worked out for the better I think,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated contently. [/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Just to let you know Fire,”[/colour] Moondancer warned once she swallowed her drink; [colour=#CC0033]“Only a few ponies who take that teleportation class learn to actually teleport themselves. Frankly, the most they’ll ever accomplish is warping other inanimate objects around... and really, that’s all you need to do in order to get a good grade in that class. So Fire, don’t stress out if you can’t teleport as good as me; I for one can’t cast fire spells as good as you can, tehehe.”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, I just want to try and see if I can teleport something, I don't think I'll be able to to teleport like you can Moon since that's your ability, but I at least want to try."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#000080]”Well, most nights are rather quiet.”[/colour] [/colour]The princess responded to Ice Storm's suggestion about meeting regularly.[colour=#FF0000] [colour=#000080]”Although I'm not sure that meeting at the same place every week would be such a good idea. I'm sure somepony would get wind of it, and then the whole of Canterlot would be trying to join us just because a princess was involved.[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#000080][colour=#0000FF]"Well, we could always try to mix it up a bit, or we could always meet at the castle and pick a random destination from there. That way nopony else could predict where we were going and try to meet us there!"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice said as she listened to Luna speak about Ponyville.[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Hmm... you're right," [/colour]Fire said as she sipped her drink, [colour=#FF0000]"Maybe I can think of a couple more places that are open but not crowded with ponies at night." [/colour]

Luna nodded as Fire Heart considered a trip to Ponyville.[colour=#FF0000] [colour=#000080]“Ponyville is a quaint little town. It's really not very far, and I'd say it's worth a visit.”[/colour] [/colour]she smiled, attempting to encourage the filly to think about it more intently.[colour=#FF0000] [colour=#000080]”And of course, it would be a nice excuse to visit Ice Storm as well, I'm sure.”[/colour] [/colour]Luna grinned at the blue pony.

[colour=#0000FF]"Also if you managed to visit Ponyville you could even visit my shop. I know that you don't really like the cold... but a little Ice cream never hurt anypony!"[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You know, Princess, that does sound like a nice town. I'll definitely visit, especially to meet you Ice. Hey, maybe when I'm there, I can meet Rarity for my fireproof dress. As for the ice cream, that doesn't bother me as much as the winter does. It's kind of painful walking from one building to the next in school, and I look kind of silly being bundled up in so many layers. Oh, now I remember something. Anypony here know of an elemental spell that can reduce the effects of cold?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#000080]”If there's a stallion who's afraid of you, which I highly doubt, then I would say he's not the right one for you. I mean, I don't want to say I'm an expert on relationship advice, but if he can't accept you for who you are, flaws and all, would he really be a good match?”[/colour] [/colour]Luna questioned Fire Heart expectantly. [colour=#FF0000][colour=#000080]“Besides, you're doing just fine being around all of us, and nopony has gotten hurt. You walk down the streets of Canterlot every day, and does anypony treat you differently? I'd say it's quite easy to keep yourself from hurting others, so long as you don't focus on that. Perhaps your trouble is that, when you think about hurting somepony, that's when it happens, likely just because you're nervous. So if you relax and don't worry about hurting somepony, maybe it'll be less likely to happen. I don't know, just an idea.”[/colour] [/colour]The princess smiled sheepishly, thinking she might have been rambling a bit.

At first Fire Heart was a little embasrrassed, bearing her heart to three ponies that she just met. She didn't really know how the ponies would help her with such a delicate matter. But the Princess offered some interesting advice.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, you're expert enough, Princess. It's kind of hard to explain but before I was interested in my studies, but now I'm thinking about... love. And yes I really am looking for somepony that will love me even with my flaws."[/colour]

Luna mentioned how others react to her in Canterlot.

[colour=#FF0000]"Most are ok I guess. When they see my cutie mark though and see it relates to fire or they hear my name, some get a little nervous. I don't burst into flames nearly as much as I did before."[/colour]

The Princess then offered an idea that his Fire Heart like a ton of bricks, turning her preception of her ability to something new.

[colour=#FF0000]"You're right. Why didn't I see this before? It's what my one professor calls a self-fufilling prophecy. If I think i'm going to burst into flames, I will. But if I think I'm not going to hurt anypony, I won't. Oh thank you for that idea! I'll definitely try that out."[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

Hearing that meeting back here all the time for group get-togethers was probably a bad idea, Moondancer chimed in;[colour=#cc0033] “Whatever you girls come up with is fine by me; just as long as we can have fun there. If you want me to, I could offer up a suggestion as well.”[/colour] The unicorn did not specify any more than that, as she was busy with both her studies along with the four-way conversation at the same time. So much to do with so little time.....

[colour=#cc0033]“I guess you got a point Princess,”[/colour] Moondancer pointed out as Luna suggested that Celestia at least kept a watch over the affairs of the school; [colour=#cc0033]“I’m pretty sure though your sister hires the headmistress and has meetings with her every so often, so that outta’ count for something.”[/colour] The young mare refrained from speaking on the subject, as it became apparent that Princess Luna would prefer talking about other matters.

Going back to her books for a few moments, Moondancer took a sip of her beverage and listened in as Fire Heart expressed her desire to learn teleportation. Once Ice Storm offered Fire her support in the matter, Dancer responded in term, keeping her face in her book all the while;[colour=#cc0033] “Icy’s right; even if you get sick from it and all, I suppose teleportation’s worth at least one try in your life. Not many unicorns get the opportunity to even take a teleportation course in magic school, so make your time count.”[/colour]

Finding what appeared to be a quote-worthy passage in her book, Moondancer used levitation to write some notes down on her notepaper. Not seeing the pouty show that Icy put on, she nonetheless heard her mention how she was glad she chose to live in Ponyville instead of go on to college. [colour=#cc0033]“I don’t blame ya’ Icy,”[/colour] Dancer sincerely affirmed; [colour=#cc0033]“You’re actually not the only one of my old pals who’s moved there too. Twinkleshine... Amethyst... Lyra..... they and a whole lot of others all live in Ponyville now. Come to think of it, they all moved there right after that Nightma- errr... when Princess Luna came back.”[/colour] Moondancer wasn’t quite sure how to mention the Nightmare Moon incident within earshot of Luna, so she had hastily corrected herself.....

Twinkleshine, Amethyst Star, and Lyra Heartstrings are all ponies spotted in Canterlot during the pilot who appeared in Ponyville the same day as Twilight.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#000080]”While I admire your persistence, Ice Storm, I am not certain all of our schedules would line up properly for regular meetings. You have work, and Fire Heart and Moon Dancer both have their studies. I myself must watch over the night and the world of dreams in times of trouble. Not to mention, you personally don't even reside in Canterlot. It would be nice, I just don't know that it's feasible.”[/colour] The princess ran an absentminded hoof around the edge of her cup as she considered what it would take for the four of them to get together on a frequent basis.

Luna listened as Fire Heart delved into some of her experiences. [colour=#000080]“Well, you don't get to be a few thousand years old without learning a thing or two about ponies.”[/colour] she smiled. [colour=#000080]”And I'm sure that there is somepony out there who loves you for who you are—in fact, I know there is. We're all here, right?”[/colour] she gestured around the table. Sure, it wasn't likely that the other two parties were interested in Fire Heart as a mate, but they liked her, flaws and all, as a friend. A lover would just as well.

[colour=#000080]”Oh, you're very welcome.”[/colour] The princess giggled fondly. She may have been viewed as some kind of expert or all-knowing being, or some wise pony, but truthfully she was just good at helping ponies see the obvious, and bring out the best in themselves. What they took from her words of wisdom was all up to each pony.

She was listening attentively to what Moon Dancer had to say, the same as she had been listening to everypony else. But at the slight mention of her former alter ego, her smile faded instantly, and she raised a brow in curiosity as to what the white mare might say. But she was quick to correct herself, and Luna relaxed. After her first Nightmare Night in Ponyville, she'd been struggling to embrace the persona. But normally, most ponies would steer clear of the subject altogether when she was present. Luna was certainly grateful for that.

[colour=#000080]Ice gave a gentle sigh. The princess was right. The likely hood that the schedules of the four mares here lining up regularly, especially with one of them being as important as Princess Luna was, was something that just wasn't going to happen. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Perhaps, perhaps regular meetings wouldn't be possible, but I would hope that this wouldn't be the last either. I've rather enjoyed just sitting here and talking with my friends. It's... something I haven't gotten the luxury of doing that often so when it does I cherish it,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated when Fire Heart started to mention about coming to Ponyville as well which made Ice grin. Especially when she said that she would definitely come visit her and that it wasn't really ice cream that gave her issues, it was just cold weather in general.[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"Haha, I can understand that. While it's fairly obvious that I love it as cold as possible it's also very obvious that such conditions would be a nightmare for you. On the bright side though, you have the ability to go inferno if you get too cold to heat yourself up in the winter just like I have the ability to make my house a blizzard in the summer. you and I are two very lucky ponies cause we never have to be uncomfortable, at least due to weather concerns anyway,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she giggled turning to Moondancer whom had addressed her as well.

Moon told her that she wasn't the only one of her friends that had moved away from Canterlot. that Amethyst Start, Twinkleshine and Lyra had moved to Ponyville as well. In fact that they had moved there right after the Princess came back. Though she caught herself as she was about to let her previous name slip. Ice Caught Luna's expression and placed a hoof on her shoulder. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Don't worry, I know that she wasn't all that bad, and at least myself personally, wouldn't mind spending a night with her this upcoming Nightmare Night. She deserves to be loved and respected too. No pony should ever feel left behind. I've felt that feeling before so many times and it sucks, but we're all friends here, so none of us have to feel anything like that again,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told Luna with a smile before speaking to Moon. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"So they all moved to Ponyville to? Interesting. I haven't seen them at all. Well, I probably have just I don't remember seeing them,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she responded noticing the book. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"So what class are you studying for now Moon? How much harder are the college classes from the academy?"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]”While I admire your persistence, Ice Storm, I am not certain all of our schedules would line up properly for regular meetings. You have work, and Fire Heart and Moon Dancer both have their studies. I myself must watch over the night and the world of dreams in times of trouble. Not to mention, you personally don't even reside in Canterlot. It would be nice, I just don't know that it's feasible.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]“Whatever you girls come up with is fine by me; just as long as we can have fun there. If you want me to, I could offer up a suggestion as well.”[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Perhaps, perhaps regular meetings wouldn't be possible, but I would hope that this wouldn't be the last either. I've rather enjoyed just sitting here and talking with my friends. It's... something I haven't gotten the luxury of doing that often so when it does I cherish it,"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Well I understand that everypony has things to do with jobs and studying and your royal duties Princess, but I hope like Ice said that we can meet again some time in the future. I really like meeting everypony."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#cc0033]“Icy’s right; even if you get sick from it and all, I suppose teleportation’s worth at least one try in your life. Not many unicorns get the opportunity to even take a teleportation course in magic school, so make your time count.”[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You're right Moon. I can always try that. I mean, what's the hurt in trying it?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]. [colour=#000080]“Well, you don't get to be a few thousand years old without learning a thing or two about ponies.”[/colour] she smiled. [colour=#000080]”And I'm sure that there is somepony out there who loves you for who you are—in fact, I know there is. We're all here, right?”[/colour][/colour]

Fire looked a little confused at Luna when she mentionedloved and then the other poiies present. She didn't think Fire was atttracted to Ice or Moon, right. But then the red unicorn realized that Luna was thinking about a different kind of love, the love of friends .

[colour=#FF0000]"I understand. You say that because I can love friends that someday I'll find a spaecial somepony, right? That's a really nice thing to say. Hopefully finding a special somepony will be easy."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000][colour=#0000FF]"Haha, I can understand that. While it's fairly obvious that I love it as cold as possible it's also very obvious that such conditions would be a nightmare for you. On the bright side though, you have the ability to go inferno if you get too cold to heat yourself up in the winter just like I have the ability to make my house a blizzard in the summer. you and I are two very lucky ponies cause we never have to be uncomfortable, at least due to weather concerns anyway,"[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah with my magic I can make sure that I won't get cold. So, weather isn't a big concern."[/colour]

Moondancer then happened to mention about Nightmare Moon. It was an innocent mistake but one that clearly was felt by Princess Luna.

[colour=#FF0000]"You're right Moon. No pony should be left alone, no matter what happened in the past. And if I go to Nightmare Night then I'd be happy to meet you and you too Princess Luna." [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg

It looked like mentioning Nightmare Moon wasn’t such a smooth idea after all, judging by Luna’s tense reaction to it. Moondancer felt a little down for being so careless... again, but she didn’t dwell too much on it. Awkward moments happened in conversations all the time, and everypony would forget all about this one by night’s end. However the college student appeared a bit bemused when her other friends started talking about Nightmare Night; they must have been under the wrongful impression that Dancer had been referring to that instead of the return of Nightmare Moon. The mare didn’t mind though, so she just rolled with it; [colour=#cc0033]“You know, I’ve been wondering about Nightmare Night actually. I know that around here, there’s both that haunted house the magic school puts on and all those costume parties around Canterlot. I wonder how they celebrate it over in Ponyville...?”[/colour]

Turning back to her books once again, Moondancer fielded a question from Icy about her current studies; [colour=#cc0033]“Right now Icy, I’m doing a paper in my Intro to Aether-Astromony class; it’s on that upcoming Secretariat Comet that’s gonna’ pass through the Horsehead Nebula in a couple of months. As for university in general... it’s different. Back at magic school, we mostly learned about how to cast spells and make potions and all that jazz. At CU, they teach you more in-depth about how the aether actually works. It took me a while to adjust to the change in pace, but now I’m doing just fine!” [/colour]As Fire Heart affirmed the belief that teleportation was worth trying at least once, Moondancer nodded as she continued to write her paper.....