Meanwhile in Canterlot - Open - Message me to join!

MagicaI

((Hey everypony! Welcome to my temporary RP! I created this thread as a start-up for my character until I go into the main RP, but I hope we'll all have fun nonetheless! Keep in mind to follow the rules and be LITERATE! No one-liners! Be descriptive. That's all!

Oh, and for those wondering about the plot: "While Velvet is out collecting ingredients from Zecora, she asks a few ponies to watch the shop, and shenanigans ensue as they start to explore her spells and items. When she comes back, chaos takes over the city of Canterlot."))

The early cracks of dawn lit up the vast skies as the final specks of night faded away from the world. The bright shades of yellow, orange and red colored the glorious city of Canterlot into view, and with that morning had officially commenced. A tall and slender pink unicorn walked about her elegant room as she magically dried her long curly mane from a soothing shower. As she was preparing herself for work, she pondered on what sort of breakfast she should have. 'Should I cook?' The mare thought to herself, but quickly shook her head in disapproval as she brushed through her hair. 'I don't really feel like cooking.' She decided then that she would stop by at The Java for a light breakfast before nine.

She continued planning ahead for the day's events as she touched up her face with some light blue eyeshadow. She had several orders to fulfill from the previous week, and there would be no doubt that she would have more. She did not mind, of course. This was what fate had called her for and she happily obliged. She finished with her guise and put on her crystal slippers. Before leaving her room, she focused on the disorganization of her room, which consisted of her scrolls, quills and writings scattered on the floor, and her bed a mess. With her magic, a thistle-colored glow enveloped her horn and with her vision at hoof, her room instantly transformed clean and orderly, with her bed made and her scrolls and ingredients put away.

Her hooves carried her down the stairs and out the door as she began to walk to her designated cafe. The day was bright and the clouds were clear which called for a wonderful day. While basking in the warm embrace of the sun, Velvet Desires greeted several ponies with "good mornings" and "hellos". They responded with the same kindness she had extended. A few minutes later, she found herself at the quaint little cafe and smiled at the familiarly elegant exterior of lavender, purple and gold. She went on in and reserved herself a table. A short and rather skinny mocha-colored stallion came by to take her order. She asked for a simple daisy-and-lettuce sandwich accompanied by a cup of earl gray tea and the stallion complied with a quick nod and then nervously walked away with a blush, which left a small smile on her face. She enjoyed coming here to not only have a quiet place to dine, but to watch how mares and stallions reacted to her. She knew she was beautiful, and most ponies knew of it too. She did not act about it arrogantly, however. It was her belief that arrogance was one of the worst traits in attitude and she avoided it as much as possible. But it was always fun to watch them and their body language around her.

Her breakfast came by fast and she had left after ten minutes or so. According to the clock from inside the cafe, it was almost nine, which meant it was almost time to open her shop, Enchant. She arrived to her home and locked the entrance upstairs. She checked the spiral heart-shaped clock. 8:59. Her dazzling blue eyes examined the room one more time. She deemed everything perfect.

9:00.

"I am open for business." She declared and waited for ponies to come inside.

Walking back home to the rocky area after a long night in a dark mine, A familiar dark unkempt Zebra was walking over the hills with his cart behind him. It was a rough night dealing with the miner ponies on the other side of Canterlot but it was worth it has he was pulled cart of new pure mythril ore. He smirked as he looked back at the new ore in his old cart. He couldn't wait to smith it into many new things. Home then bed....I will smelt this stuff when I get up. He thought as he passed by a store that just seemed like it opened up. It was rather overtly cute and pink...It was not his kind of place. He was just about to pass by when he noticed something on the sign of the store...something that catched his smithing eye. He sighed knowing what he had to do. He parked and disconnected the cart from him. He trotted to the door and took a deep breath, walking into the store. "Hello. Are you the owner?" He asked in his gruff voice as he walked into the store.

Walking back home to the rocky area after a long night in a dark mine, A familiar dark unkempt Zebra was walking over the hills with his cart behind him. It was a rough night dealing with the miner ponies on the other side of Canterlot but it was worth it has he was pulled cart of new pure mythril ore. He smirked as he looked back at the new ore in his old cart. He couldn't wait to smith it into many new things. Home then bed....I will smelt this stuff when I get up. He thought as he passed by a store that just seemed like it opened up. It was rather overtly cute and pink...It was not his kind of place. He was just about to pass by when he noticed something on the sign of the store...something that catched his smithing eye. He sighed knowing what he had to do. He parked and disconnected the cart from him. He trotted to the door and took a deep breath, walking into the store. "Hello. Are you the owner?" He asked in his gruff voice as he walked into the store.

Velvet waited patiently as she read over some orders she wrote down on a parchment scroll. She steadied her focus on the works in progress as she used her magic to scribble down some notes on Whistle Wind's purchase. The brown and pink heart-shaped door automatically opened as she heard the dainty jingle of the door's bell. She calmly laid down her red quill and looked upon the visitor with her best smile. A black zebra with a variety of gray stripes came in. He looked rather tired, as if he had worked long hours into the night. His unkempt black mane and untidy appearance seemed prove it.

"Hello. Are you the owner?" He asked with a rough tone. The pink mare maintained her expression and politely welcomed him in. "Yes, yes I am. My name is Velvet Desires. Do you need something, sir?" She asked politely and waited for his response.

Nova was happy to have the day off from his job. He worked as a mail colt for Cloudsdale, but it was mainly done to pay the bills and keep up regular living costs. His true calling was his unpaid job- acting as the night guardian of ponyville. It was where he truly was able to use the curse put onto him as a foal. Someone put a spell on him that changed his eyes to an emerald green. His eyes reacted to the night like a felines, allowing him to have dark vision, as well as two small fangs that grew when night came. His family heritage has links to the royal courts of Princess Luna, as his grandparents were two of the top nobles in her court. Nova was an anomaly, his fur was stark white, whereas his line included ponies that only had Blacks and Blues in their coat. His hair was the correct however, which spared him from being disowned. He kept his night job a secret from everyone.

Nova decided to take a walk into the city of Canterlot, possibly to go shopping, or go and relax in one of the many parks nearby. He saw a new store, with bright pastel colors covering it. He decided to walk in and look around. Maybe he would find something interesting inside.

"Hey Vellvie, I'm here!", the doors on the quaint little shop were nearly knocked off its hinges as a somewhat fierce red coated pegasus marched into view, "Oooh, you have customers..Already. Wow.", her temperament quickly dropped low and she stopped dead in her tracks, "Good morning.", she gave the zebra a rather friendly grin, "Nice stripes.", she waited for an opening in the conversation, and all inside the shop could tell the act of actual waiting was rather painful for the red maned mare, "I got your letter and flew here as quickly as I could! So, what do you need?", she quickly bounded over to the counter with her usual swagger, "Dragon scales directly from the source? Need me to slay a few manticores and bring back their teeth for your potions? Well? I drank an entire pot of coffee before coming here, so my body is ready, let's do this!", she flexed her wings back and forth, while letting Velvet finally get a word in.

For those in the know, the pegasus is "Fire Walker" a rather hyper pegasus whose 'cutie mark' was a flaming fireball, which was shot out of a flaming cannon. Both the fireball and cannon were also on fire.

Amy Ironhooves had been following her boss for an agrivatingly long time, even spending hours waiting for him to leave the mine, and was shocked to see him walk into a girly store of all places. She giggled at the concept of him with a pink necklace for a moment before walking in after him.

Acting as if he didn't exist, she looked at all of the wares throughout the stores, pretending to look at this and that. She saw her reflection and almost screamed. Her black mane looked as if she wallowed in the bushes for hours (she did), and her yellow body was covered with leaves and dirt. She ran back to her new home to quickly wash off before returning

He look took a look at the rather tidy looking unicorn. Her mane was looked like she took pride in her appearence...hopefully she wasn't one of those types that obnoxious about it. He cleared his throat as it was a bit dry. "Oh no. I am not a customer. I just want to tell yo-" Before he could finish, a red mare busted in and stopped him mid sentence. He was able to barely follow what she was saying as he did here her say something nice about his stripes. "..Umm...thank you." He said as he kept listening to her talking so much until he cleared his throat again. "Excuse me...Do you mind if I finish my sentence, miss?" He said to the firey mare, calmly.

Dunder Blust was coming off of patrols again around the mines. Fortunately, there was nothing that needed to be reporting. Unfortnately, he was still full of energy and didn't want to go home just to be bored. He was flying along when he saw a familiar zebra trot into a store followed by Ironhooves.

Dunder landed in front of the store Enchantment? I wonder what they have inside. He thought as he trotted inside. There were a lot of ponies inside, so he supposed that it was a pretty useful or popular store. He sat down in the back and took off his leather militia helmet. He set the helmet down and rubbed his eyes and temple with his hoof as he let out a sigh.

Three other ponies suddenly walked in the dainty shop; one an unknown colt, a large male stallion and a very messy looking mare beside him, and the other a fiery red-maned pegasus named Fire Walker. She was a good friend of hers and a rather frequent customer. She had quite the zeal and brashness to her personality, compared to Velvet. She also had a horrible habit of crashing in and almost breaking something, whether it be the door, the sample potions, or the romantic floral lights that hung from the ceiling. It was a good thing that she had ordered a automatic opening door.

She greeted the two new costumers before referring back to Fire Walker. "Ah, yes...I am so happy you received my letter. But right now I don't think I need much!" She replied sweetly, tossing back a strand of her purple curls. "You are welcome to stay if you'd like, though~" She then turned her focus to the other customers, but also noticed that the mare with the messy appearance had run off. Had something scared her?

"Is there anything you three would like?"

Dunder Blust was coming off of patrols again around the mines. Fortunately, there was nothing that needed to be reporting. Unfortnately, he was still full of energy and didn't want to go home just to be bored. He was flying along when he saw a familiar zebra trot into a store followed by Ironhooves.

Dunder landed in front of the store Enchantment? I wonder what they have inside. He thought as he trotted inside. There were a lot of ponies inside, so he supposed that it was a pretty useful or popular store. He sat down in the back and took off his leather militia helmet. He set the helmet down and rubbed his eyes and temple with his hoof as he let out a sigh.

Another pony walked in through the door, and Velvet greeted him with a charming smile. He seemed to be browsing her wares. She went back to concentrating on the current ponies at hand.

He looked back at the purple maned pony with a look of concern on his face. "Yes. It is just something I noticed about your sign and I thought I might bring it to your attention. Do you mind coming outside with me?" He asked nicely of the mare.

((Just curious, when you leave, what are the limits to what we can do to your store?))

Amy sighed, three streets in a row, each looking less familiar then the one before. She was lost in the streets of Canterlot, but at least she had managed to get home and clean herself before getting herself captured by the twisting roads. She wished she hadn't been in such a hurry to run home, she might have had time to mark the names of the streets and alleys in her head. After a few minutes of wasted walking and running, she wondered how in the hay she managed to get herself home in the first place.

Dumb luck managed to lead her back to the smithy and to Leafy waiting outside. Amy walked over to ask her for directions and hoped for the best.

"Yeah, yeah, finish your sentence already!", Fire rolled her eyes up and quickly added, "I'll just sit here and count your stripes.", she found herself a seat and started to count in silence. Before she could break the world's record for 'Fire Walker sitting and being quiet', she bounded off her chair and proceeded to follow the two outside to see what was wrong with Velvet's sign. "I do hope you have something interesting for me to do Vellvie. That letter made it look like it was something important. As much as I enjoying staring at Mister Zebra's flank over here, I'm gonna have to do something or I'll go crazy in the coconuts.", she glanced up at the sign to see if she could spot a problem.

[That mare needs therapy.]

Dunder saw them walk outside as he was spinning his helmet on his hooves. He saw that the zebra, the store keeper, and another mare were walking outside to check something. He deiced it couldn't hurt to join them. He put on his helmet again and guided his ears through the holes at the top. He grunted as he stood and followed them outside.

Herbal Cure walked out of his store smiling at the beautiful sunshine warming his body, stretching out slightly he decided to go introduce himself to the new shop keeper in Canterlot, upon walking a few minutes he noticed a mare outside of the black smithy looking somewhat lost "Um Hello? Sorry to intrude but you do look kind of lost could I be of any assistance to you? again I am terribly sorry if I am intruding ma'am" Herbal Cure smiled politely but seemed unsure if he was doing the right thing, he could be completely shoving his muzzle into something that did not concern him.

He walked out and looked up to the sign with a bit of disgust, ignoring the firey pony's comments. He poined out with his hoof at end. "Do you see that? The end of your sign." If everyone looked up, they can see that the sign's end, near the chain that was holding it up, was a crack in the metal. "Your sign was made with inferior impurity metal. It might break and fall off, hurting one of your customers."

Feeling the need to see what was up, Fire Walker followed the two out of the building and over to the sign. "Wow, good eye there stripes!", she studied the broken chain, "Why that's an '4-044' you got there Vellvie! 'Improper or faulty sign'. Normally you would be given a simple written warning and a date to have this fixed by. Since this could harm a customer or even somepony just walking by, you would be given less time to have it fixed as compared to a '4-045' which would be for signs..", the pegasus stopped, realizing she was starting to babble once again, "Sorry, when I wasn't doing my guard duties, I worked as an property auditor for a few years. Living in Canterlot is pretty darn expensive!"

The shopkeeper trotted outside to see what the issue seemed to be after all the commotion and noticed that the ponies were crowding around the entrance. The striped zebra from earlier pointed out the problem with his hoof as she looked up at Enchant's sign.

"Your sign was made with inferior impurity metal. It might break and fall off, hurting one of your customers."

Fire Walker also chimed in telling her almost the same thing. The pink mare frowned, expressing some disappointment in herself. "Ah, I see. I can't believe I hadn't noticed this earlier." She answered while keeping her blue-eyed gaze leveled with the shop's label. She tore her focus from the problem and paced back and forth in thought. "A little magic can fix this, but in all honesty, it is quite an old sign. And to think I'm one for beauty, I would've done a renovation by now." She furrowed her eyebrows together, thinking of a solution.

A sudden 'Aha!' look had taken over her previous bearing. She turned to the ponies surrounding her and directed her hoof at the Zebra. "You!" She exclaimed with a smile. "Earlier I saw you with a cart and some ores, and along with you, you had some tools. I assume you are a blacksmith, yes?" She asked and then turned to Fire Walker. "Fire, if he is going to fix up the sign, would you suggest any more renovations?" She looked at the other ponies who had stopped by. As she was thinking, she did remember Fire mentioning if she did need any ingredients. She wasn't missing any, but picking up a few Heart's Desires and Honeymist flowers wouldn't do much harm to collect. She could also ask Zecora for some suggestions on different spells she could try. It didn't sound too bad. With a toss of her purple curls and a delightful air, she had her plan.

Fire Walker studied he rest of the store's facade, "Don't see anything else that needs to be fixed. Guess you just needed a fresh set of eyes and Stripes here was the right pon..er zebra at the right time.", she nodded at the blacksmith, "So, is there anything you need me to do? After what you did to my cousin, I'll do just about anything for you, just as long as it's not weird.....or illegal.", she grinned back at the unicorn. "My cousin used to be so ugly, when she would enter a haunted house, she'd leave with an job application!", the red pegasus just HAD to give a bit more back-story out to the zebra, "Then Velvet got her hooves on my cous' and now she can't walk down the block for two seconds without a zillion stallions trying to hit on her."

Velvet backed away with a clear blush on her face. "N-now it wasn't anything like that..." She responded, clear with the memories she had when she had met Fire's cousin. "I was just trying to help her be more attractive and she seemed to be happy with the results. As for the horde of stallions that hit on her and requested my services in Canterlot that day...I won't discuss it." She laughed nervously, averting her eyes from side to side. "Um, so anyway...all I need are some Hearts' Desire and Honeymists from Zecora. As far as that is, I am sure I can find a train ride or pegasus to help me or I can just use my teleportation magic with another unicorn. If I can't find her, I will go out of the Everfree and head for Whitetail Woods in Ponyville. It is much safer and I heard it has plenty of flowers during this time of season." She explained to them, smiling confidently with her plan. "Of course, if one or two of you would like to accompany me, that would be lovely~."

"I also need someponies to watch the shop." She said, suddenly turning stern. "It is a big responsibility and it is not something to joke about. The items I have in there can be very useful or absolutely dangerous."

When Velvet mentioned her need for a pegasus, Fire Walker rolled her eyes up and waved a wing towards the unicorn, "Let's see, I've got wings, but no scales, so I'm pretty sure I might be one of those peggy-sis types of a pony. Still, not sure what you're getting at. You're not a foal or small creature, so it's not like you could 'ride' me to this Zecroa.", she paused before letting out a dry chuckle, "I don't believe any unicorn could teleport that far, so I'm guessing you're going to have to pony up and get yourself a train ticket. I'd be more than happy to watch your shop, and I believe Stripes here.", she glanced back at the zebra, "Was asking in a roundabout way if he could fix your sign, amiright?", she asked the handy blacksmith.

Giza was getting annoyed by the firey pony constant talking and the fact he was tired wasn't helping either as it started to show in his face. "For the last time, my name isn't stripes." He said with sterness in his voice. He walked out to his cart to grab his toolbelt and bags, putting them on with quick speed. "As for your sign, I will fix it since you asked but I will wait until you get back to talk about payment." He said to the purple haired pony with still a bit of annoyance on his face as he turned to the firey pony. "You. I need you help getting it down since you have wings as well as some muscle power." He than turned to Dunder who was standing there beside him. "Dunder, I need you to go to the metalworks and bring back steel alloy and Red as well. I am going to need his fire to mend this sign since it is too big to bring to the forge." Giza nodded to the purple pony. "I will make sure that it is fixed when you return....also I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Giza Upanga, owner of Black Metalworks and I would like to assure you that this is not a ploy just to fix your sign." He said cutting his eyes at the firey pony. "I am only thinking about the safety of your customers." He said plainly to her. Giza was never one for lies and if the ponies looked into his eyes, they would know he was being completely honest with them.

As she skipped the way to Enchant, Amy wondered what Mr. Black was up to, giggled, and skipped a bit faster. Leafy gladly gave her directions and asked about Red's snoring. "Don't worry about that! Its only bad if he has a nightmare!" Amy remembered saying in her always cheerful manner. It turned out that Enchant was on one side of Canterlot while Black Metalworks was on the other, and Leafy's instructions made all the difference in the chaotic streets. "The Princess needs to do something about all of these streets, maybe send the creator to the moon!" She giggled to her own joke.

After a few more minutes Amy spotted a donut shop and decided to get Mr. Black a snack or two, since he seemed to not eat during his time in the mine.

"Just three donuts, please," She said to the nice cashier. In a jiffy she lost some money, gained some donuts and instructions, and headed out.

Velvet nodded happily. "I will be taking a train ride then. It shouldn't take too long and I will be back in a couple of hours or so. So nothing should go wrong, hm? I pray it will not." She leveled her bright blue eyes with that of Fire's and smiled. "Can you stay here with Giza? It would not only be helpful, but it would be a reminder that he must make the sign lovely." She eyed Giza for a brief moment and then spoke. "If you require payment, do make it clear what you desire so that I do not forget, dear zebra. And try not to be annoyed with Fire's flirting. She doesn't mean to press any serious advances." She giggled and winked before looking at the other ponies.

She trotted over to the others. "Do keep the shop safe while I am gone. And if more ponies come in, please write their orders down on the parchment scrolls I have organized on the counter." The unicorn pointed her hoof towards the heart-shaped window, where they could see the counter. "I also need a pony to accompany me. Any takers?"