[Cloudsdale] Fliers of Excellence [CLOSED] (Tryouts/Competition) [ENDED]

Crescent Blaze blasted through Cloudsdale in his brand new red and black flight suit. The purple pegasus carried fliers with him, losing a few at the high speed, plastering them all over the city at a blistering pace. He couldnt believe it, not only had his colthood dream of going pro been achieved, he was now about to hold tryouts as captain for a whole new team of professional fliers! He considered himself lucky though, if not for his fillyfriend's father owning the incredibly successful "Lace" clothing line he may have never acquired sponsorship, and in turn this amazing opportunity. He slapped a few more fliers onto a building corner and stopped for a moment to admire his handiwork lifting up higher above the town. The entire city of Cloudsdale was plastered form bottom to top with fliers advertising the open tryouts at the cloudeseum. Crescent was a bit anxious as he made his way to the proving grounds, he would have to be the one to judge the participants and he could only choose five to be his starting team, Mr.Lace had told him specifically that back up fliers would be picked up later. In his excitement Crescent reached the Cloudeseum in no time at all, confidently awaiting the participants to arrive.

The flier read:

Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Pro?

Lace clothing presents the Aeroblades! Think you got the right stuff to make the team? Then fly your flank to the cloudeseum today and show us what you can do! Space on the team is currently limited and only the most talented, skilled, and creative fliers will do! Tryouts will consist of four parts. A test of speed, a test of agility, a test of precision, and a test of endurance. All who make the team will be granted the honor of becoming a part of one of Equestria's next top flight teams and receive a custom tailored Aeroblades flight suit and goggles. Tryouts are open to spectators, and current pros are welcome to assist in judging. Good luck to all!

OOC: lets keep things in check here folks. determine a limit for your OC they can be really good but no flier is perfect, even the wonderbolts have their limits. So no sonic rainbooming the place to pieces or over the top impossible feats, We cant all be rainbow dash. as a marker Crescent is a very highly skilled flyer, wonderbolt material we'll say and this is his top routine http://tifitzmas.dev...utine-299488264

Fleetfoot skipped out of her door, grinning to herself. She had a day off of training today, and had slept so well the night before. She felt so good! She went to check her mail, and just as she opened the box, a flier fluttered down, and she glanced up, seeing nothing but a purple streak in the sky. She quickly read through the flier, and her eyes widened. There was only one pony who could possibly have arranged this.

Still grinning widely, the young mare rushed inside to get changed, and emerged once more from her cloudy home in the sky. She took off easily and zoomed off to the place she knew well now; the Cloudeseum. She checked her reflection quickly before entering the building and smiled as she took in her own appearance. Her goggles were shined and the strong sunlight gleamed off of them. She could be stressed by her job sometimes, although she couldn't help but feel a little bit excited every single time she saw herself in her uniform.

She walked into the Cloudesuem and smiled, spotting a purple blur pacing back and forth a few hooves in the air. Clearing her throat, she smiled.

"Eesh, Crescent! Think ya did enough advertising? I saw about ... I don't know, a gazillion fliers on the way here!"

Sky Flare was walking through the streets of Cloudsdale when he saw a flier.

"The Aeroblades, huh," Sky said as he read the flier, "Never heard of them. Must be a new team." With the popularity of the Wonderbolts, there were a few teams that popped up in Cloudsdale. Some were ragtag groups that fell apart as quckly as they were formed. Others were well established.

The fiery manes stallion pondered this chance. His ultimate dream was to be on the Wonderbolts, yet any chance to be on a team was better than no chance. "I guess I'll give it a try," he said as he entered the Colesuem.

Crescent was mentally preparing himself for the event when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. He snapped his head towards the noise wondering if it was the first participant when he saw his friend Fleetfoot standing in the entrance way to the stadium.

"Fleetfoot! hey how are ya! gosh yeah I've just been so excited. I mean its finally happened I'm a pro now!"

He did a loop in his happiness of finally being able to say that.

"So what are you doing here? I wouldnt guess you're leaving the wonderbolts, so I suppose you're here to help me judge?

He spoke much faster and more so in his energetic mood. He normally wasnt a stallion of many words but this day could well be the most important day of his life. He took a moment to regain his composure and intense focus that he was known for. Crescent saw another pegasus enter after Fleetfoot. He quickly flew past the wonderbolt and held out a hoof to the new comer.

"Hey there! welcome to the Aeroblades open tryouts! Im Crescent Blaze, team captain, I'll be doing the judging and a bit of participation and demonstration.

"Fleetfoot! hey how are ya! gosh yeah I've just been so excited. I mean its finally happened I'm a pro now!"

Fleetfoot grinned at the stallion's excitedness. She was so happy for him. She giggled happily, pushing her glasses up to her forehead. "I told you you could do it, didn't I?"

"So what are you doing here? I wouldnt guess you're leaving the wonderbolts, so I suppose you're here to help me judge?"

"Sorry! The 'Bolts are my family, wouldn't change that for the world!" She took off to join him in the air, laughing. "I'm here to cheer you on. Moral support. I can help ya judge if you want me too though.

"So, what time are we due to start? I wouldn't want to be waiting in this silly suit for hours!" She looked back at her suit, as though apologizing. She wouldn't give up this suit for anything, no matter what she said! She loved her position, and all the perks of the job; she just couldn't stand the fawning fans, although she was getting better at facing that fear.

She turned as Crescent spoke up to somepony she didn't notice. She glanced at the pegasus, took a breath and smiled. "Hi there! Name's Fleetfoot, Wonderbolts. Good luck today!"

Crescent turned his attention away from the potential recruit back to Fleetfoot.

"Well we need at least three ponies plus myself to have a workable team, six starting members including myself max for now. So once we have enough participants I'll get the competition underway."

Crescent zipped over to the stands retrieving a small duffle bag and a clip board and returned to the white stallion with the fiery mane.

"If you woudn't mind letting me have your name so I can sign you in. Also there's loaner flight goggles in the bag if you need 'em"

He set the bag down on the clouds in front of him and took up a pen in his mouth while he waited for the stallion's name.

"Well we need at least three ponies plus myself to have a workable team, six starting members including myself max for now. So once we have enough participants I'll get the competition underway."

"Oh okay, sounds good!" Fleetfoot nodded. As Crescent brought over the duffle bag with the goggles, she couldn't help but try a pair on. She giggled as she pulled her own down around her neck, and placed the alien ones on her eyes. "Wow this feel so strange."

She blushed as she noticed Crescent and the other pegasus staring at her. She laughed nervously and took them off, pulling her own back up to her forehead. "Sorry!"

• Like 1

Crescent chuckled, that was fleetfoot alright. It always surprised him how down to the clouds and relatively unprofessional she was despite being a wonderbolt. It was refreshing really, Crescent was of the aspiration that he could keep a level as well once he got his team off the ground.

"Its alright Fleet, I know what you mean. These goggles were the first pair I ever bought with my own bits, never worn another pair for more than a second or two. It just didnt feel right.

He lightly hoofed the goggles on his own forehead.

Colton Cloudkicker and his avian companion, Sparks the sparrow had arrived at the cloudeseum, with the intent to try out for the Aeroblades! The pair had come across this opportunity when Colton and Sparks were spending their week in Cloudsdale, when a a flier happened by per chance and landed on the white pelted pegasus' face.

The two agreed that it would be a great opportunity for the both of them. Colton wasn't the best flier in Equestria but he had enough confidence in his abilities to try out, as did Sparks.

As the two entered they looked at each other with confused expressions, "Well...we're here...What now?" Colton asked the bird, to which he simply shrugged. The pegasus spotted a pony with goggles not to far away, he decided to ask as to what was going on, "Hey, buddy. We're here to try out for the, Aeroblades...We're not too late, are we?"

Crescent took notice of the newcomer and slew over with a huge grin on his face, he left the sign in clip board and pen with sky flare. As he landed near the white pegasus he held out a hoof to shake.

"Hi there! Welcome to The AeroBlades open tryouts! I'm Crescent Blaze, team captain. Happy to have you here...uh... sorry I'm a bit frazzled today, whats your name?"

Crescent was estatic that there was some interest building in the tryouts. Finally his team was coming together!

Colton was rather shocked but also pleasantly surprised at the welcome he was getting, already he had been welcomed like he was one of the team...Even though he wasn't.

"Nice to meet you Crescent. I'm Colton Cloudkicker and...This is Sparks." Colton replied as Sparks waved at the new pony, "And no worries buddy, I can imagine you would be...Still though, good thing you got going on here. Any idea where we go to try out?"

Colton was rather pleased the captain seemed relatively easy going. He could see himself becoming friends with Crescent so that eased his anxiety slightly.

Fleetfoot was swooping around the clouds that were scattered around the track. She was a little restless from staying still for so long. She was speeding along where she noticed a flash of white from the cloudy ground. She turned sharply in the direction of Crescent and landed next to him. She trotted towards the white stallion."Hiya!"

She grinned at Crescent. She was ecstatic at seeing him so happy. Having seen his moves, she knew that nopony else deserved this more than he. He was a strong flyer, and determined enough to captain a hundred pegasi!

She jumped up and down excitedly and gasped loudly. "Oh I forgot! My name's Fleetfoot! Celebrity judge, if you will!" She threw in a playful wink for good measure.

"Good luck today," she added, after an afterthought.

Crescent regained some of his usually very high focus as Fleetfoot came around. He was glad his friend was here to support him while he made this huge step in his career. He turned his attention back to Cloudkicker.

"Well You and the other guy there are the only ones to show up yet. We could start now but I'd rather wait for a few more participants. Anyway great to meet you Kicks, you mind if I call you that?"

Crescent's natural tendency to lead was kicking in and he took a more respectable stance showing off his hard earned physique, and began to speak in a more professional tone.

(OOC: Wow! Lots of posts to read. Sorry about not posting. This will be a sum up one.)

"Hello there Crimson Nova," Sky said to the pony that greeted him. He knew that he had to make a great first impression to the pony that was going to be judging his flying talent.

He then saw the other pony was a Wonderbolts member! Sky resisted the urge to squeal like a fanboy at seeing one of his idols. "Hey, nice to meet you too, Fleethoof. So, you're here to judge too, eh? Well, that's cool. I always like to see lots of ponies see my skills."

Crimson then asked for his name and offered some goggles to use. "My name's Sky Flare. I'm a stunt pony from around here. And that's ok, I brought my own goggles," with that he pulled out a pair from his saddlebag and put them on so they rested on his forehead, "I have to be protected when doing my stunts!"

The stallion rarely visited Cloudsdale. Though he desperately needed to visit, since it was errands. Books was observing. The body structure of a Pegasus, the motions they made in and out of flight, the average life of one. Honestly, he was unable to view himself. Cloudsdale was the perfect place to go! Why, with all of the Pegasi everywhere, it was the perfect place to see all of the things he needed! Oh, this new book would be a huge success! This was his second book, yes, though this would manage to be his first ever to be published. He was hoping that-- "H-Hey!"

The Pegasus stopped in his tracks, glancing down at the sheet of paper that had smacked into his face. He quietly scanned it for a moment. Slightly interesting, yes, though.. Books stopped thinking for a moment. Then his gears returned back to normal. That's it! If he went to these tryouts, he would be able to view the Pegasi all zooming around, in motion! Oh, it would be simply perfect! Lots would be there, he was sure of it.. Even if they were not, oh well! More than likely, though, he'd be unable to just stick around and watch them. The Pegasus sighed. He'd have to do a small tryout, just to be able to stay long enough to watch them.

The coffee themed Pegasus began to ascend off the ground. He slowly made his way to the Cloudeseum. He was more of a average speed pony, and not very fast. Though being average speed, or a 'slowpoke' like he's been told, was very natural to him. Books didn't care about speed much. It was all about grace and movements to him. He knew Pegasi that were both fast and graceful, but had some flaws. He noticed the much slower you were-- Well, you didn't screw up as much. Books hurried just a tiny bit more before slowing down as the place came in view. Down below, he noticed some Pegasi had already appeared. He lowered a bit, before his hooves gently touched the clouds.

Well, at least a small crowd was attracted. He'd be able to watch a tiny bit.

"Kicks?....Huh....not a bad nickname...not a bad nickname at all!" Colton thought to himself as he turned back to Crescent. "Sure, if you don't mind me calling you Blaze?" Colton said with a slight chuckle.

He turned his attention to the mare who recently touched down right next to the two of them. Her sudden exclaiming of greetings made Colton and Sparks jump slightly, however he quickly shook it off and introduced himself. "Thanks Fleetfoot, nice having somepony famous here, I'm Colton...or Kicks if you prefer...and this little sparrow hiding in my hair is Sparks." He stated with another chuckle.

He then turned to the other pony present, "You must be the 'other guy' Crescent mentioned...Nice too meet you too."

"Well I prefer Cress but there are those that call me Blaze as well so I suppose thats fine."

Crescent was glad to see things progressing smoothly with everypony getting to know each other, they even had a spectator! He figured it would be alright to have them do a part of the tests while they waited on others. He figured the agility test would do. Crescent flew to the middle of the stadium and raised his voice. He cleared his throat and prepared to address the participants.

"Alright recruits listen up! while we wait for more to show you two are gonna show me your best tricks. Pick three and arrange them into a routine. You have 5 minute to figure it out. Sky Flare you will go first followed by Kicks.

Crescent took a seat by Fleetfoot at the edge of the stands to watch them perform.

Crescent relaxed a little as Lighting Dancer arrived he was glad to have an extra set of hooves to help coordinate things of more ponies showed up.

"Lights! you made it! Here let me get you up to speed. The fiery one is Sky Flare and and the blue maned one is colton cloudkicker, I call him Kicks, this mare here..."

He put a hoof on fleetfoot's shoulder.

"...is a personal friend of mine, Fleetfoot the wonderbolt, who will be helping us judge today. Oh and I have no Idea who that is in the stands but I'm flattered he would come just to watch."

Crescent was breathing heavily by the time he finished speaking, he wasnt used to talking so much, he preferred actions to words. Settling back in he addressed the participants once again.

"Alright Sky! Your up! Give us your best shot!"

Sky Flare thought about the three tricks he was going to perform. Being a stunt pegasus, he knew that the arrangement of the tricks was just as important as the tricks themselves. A pony should never start things off with their best trick, or else the spectators will want something bigger. A stunt pony should also never do a trick they are testing, especially at the end because if for some reason a pegasus would fail that, the judges would only remember that failure and nothing else.

Knowing this and what he could do, he began his stunts. He flew down through the hole in the ring shaped stadium. Once he was far enough below, he began to fly fast upwards, spinning his body so that his fiery contrail looked like a tight corkscrew. He then blasted through the hole with the Fire Corkscrew flying high into the air.

Trick two was his signature move. he flew awaw from the stadium then turned around and accelerated. When he got to where the staduim was below, he pulled up and made an elongated loop with his contrail, similar to his cutie mark. This was his Sky Mark move.

His last trick was difficult and a little dangerous, but he hoped would seal his chancs of getting into this team. He shot fast downward, aiming for the stadium. Then at the last moment he stopped, hovering inches above the stadium seats.

"So, what do you think," Sky said slightly out of breath.

Crescent Blaze watched intently observing every detail to be had from Sky Flare's performance. He smiled at his first trick, it was similar to a move Crescent often incorporated into his own routine. He noted the pony's ability to accelerate upwards almost as well as he did on a strait away. Hid second trick was a simple one but it displayed his showmanship well. Crescent was worried for a moment about the third trick as Sky Flare began plummeting towards them at high speed. Crescent narrowed hi focused in case he had to save a pony from getting hurt, an injury at tryouts could put an end to his team before it even began. To Crescent's pleasure Sky Flare managed to pulled off the sudden stop and Crescent released a sigh of relief. Sky Flare wasnt the most creative with his tricks but he had guts and confidence and Crescent admired that, those were two things he looked for in an AeroBlade. He also noted the Pegasus's apparent fatigue afterward, it was a disappointing as the routines Crescent had planned for the team would require high stamina to endure and pull off accurately. Still it was something could easily be improved upon with how often the practices would be. Crescent beamed in approval up at Sky Flare, though lacking creativity, he had speed, precision and moxy.

"Great job Sky! I like your guts, here go ahead and take a seat on the bench and catch your breath. OK KICKS! YOU'RE UP!"

Fleetfoot smiled at them all cheerfully and pulled her wings into her sides as she waited for Sky to take to the ..er.. sky. She bumped Crescent with her rump as she waited, and flashed an encouraging smile at him.

She widened her eyes at Crescent then, cocking her head to the side in an unspoken question; Who's Lights, and why is she wearing a 'Blades uniform?

When Sky began his routine, she watched, wincing a little. Why couldn't see do all these fancy tricks with so much ease? Sure, she was fast, but it took her weeks to learn just one fancy routine! Well.. Everypony has something they're not good at, I guess, she thought.

She stomped as Sky finished his routine and called out. "Good job!"

While Crescent waited patiently for Cloudkicker to begin his routine he decided to take a moment to answer the questioning look Fleetfoot had given her during Sky's routine.

"Oh here Fleetfoot, this is Lightning Dancer. I picked her up the other day while I was out celebrating my pro status. Gave this here filly an on the spot tryout with a stallion named Winter Bolt. I ended up drafting them both as reserve members."

He turned to lightning and tussled her mane playfully, smiling at the new member. She was only a little younger than fleetfoot and actually reminded him of his 'bolt friend quite a lot.

"Got a lot of potential this one, she'll be flying Right Wing on the reserve team while Winter will be the Lead flyer."

"Oh here Fleetfoot, this is Lightning Dancer. I picked her up the other day while I was out celebrating my pro status. Gave this here filly an on the spot tryout with a stallion named Winter Bolt. I ended up drafting them both as reserve members"

Reserve? Fleetfoot nodded, trying to discreetly soak in Lightning's appearance, and mentally estimating her ability. She turned to Crescent, and nodded again. "Cool!"

"Got a lot of potential this one, she'll be flying Right Wing on the reserve team while Winter will be the Lead flyer."

She tilted her head, thinking hard. "I see." She dropped her voice. "What do you think about..." she nodded her head in Sky's direction, wondering what was going through the purple stallion's mind.