A Racing Adventure [Lightning Dancer, Crescent Blaze, and Winter Bolt]

[[i'LL GO!]]

Crescent Blaze was estatic as he whipped through the billowing air currents of cloudsdale. He had made it, he had finally made it! He had finally gone pro and everything about his life was about to change. He let out a woop as he blasted around the corner of a pastry shop throwing up papers, napkins, and the like as he blitz passed. Crescent thought for a moment a decided this called for a celebration! Not really one for planning Crescent figured he could have a good time and maybe make some new friends right here on this patch of cloud, and what better way to draw in ponies that with a little showing off. The purple pegasus lowered his ever present red flight goggles to his head and zipped up his moto jacket, preparing to pull off one of his signature moves, the Mega Manic Moonbeam.

. He gained altitude, preparing himself both physically and mentally for The Mega Manic Moonbeam, it wasn’t the showiest trick but it required a great deal of skill to pull off. Crescent angled back downward gaining speed, trailing a purple streak. As Crescent reached the proper velocity he angled back upward more gradually and began a tight upward spiral. In the middle of the swirling ascent his wings almost gave out from the forces against them. His wings gave a bit and the trajectory of his spiral widened briefly for a second. Crescent couldn’t accept that on this most special of days, he was determined to pull of this move right, and determination was Crescent's middle name. He continued the rising spiral, and at the top proceeded to dive through the spinning trail of purple he had left behind. Smiling like a mad pony Crescent released a woop. "WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!" Crescent pulled up and waited for a few ponies that must have noticed his stunt to approach.

Lightning Dancer was ecstatic. She was surrounded by REAL competition- ponies who could fly super fast.

It's not like Lightning had anything to complain about. She lived in Cloudsdale, the hub for speed flyers. But she had learned all of her peers' tricks, and beaten them.

What she needed were fresh new faces to race. And when she saw a streak of purple flash through the sky, she knew this was her chance.

She stood and watched as the pegasus pulled off a Mega Manic Moonbeam with grace. Lightning felt a little less confident, but then realized that it didn't matter...she wasn't a lunar pegasus, she was a stormy pegasus.

As the pony let out a whooping cry and landed softly on the ground, a small crowd gathered. Lightning reassured herself and walked up to him, promising herself not to lose her first race. That is...if he agreed.

"Hey there! Nice flying skills."

Crescent was trying to shrug off most of the attention searching for a more appropriate set of companions than just fawning fans. He noticed the young white and pink filly introduce herself. Hmm she was young but then Crescent was barely a stallion himself and decided hanging out with the eager little pegasus wouldnt be out of the question. He shooed away the rest of the group and reached a hoof out to his hopeful new friend.

"Hey there short stuff, my name's Crescent Blaze. What's yours?"

He gave a welcome smile and pushed his goggles up to his forehead.

OOC: turns out they didnt let the lunar ancestry thing fly...instead he's descendant of cloudsdales first defenders and warriors, and he wants to be the first pegasus to fly to the moon.

Winter Bolt sat on the ground as Crescent performed his trick. Mmmm, a streak. How wondeful. He thought to himself. I bet I could learn a thing or two from him. He bounded towards Crescent until he was up close enough to get a good look at him and the mare with him. "Heya, I saw your... trick. Not bad, in my opinion. I'm Winter Bolt. Crescent, I believe we've already met." He said, sticking out his hoof for a shake.

Crescent was distracted by the familiar voice thought he couldnt remember exactly where he had heard it before. He recalled the experience as he turned to see the light grey pegasus Winter Bolt standing to his other side.

"Oh hey there uh Winter right? I remember now! Yeah, you were there when I met Gale and Streak, had a little trouble keeping up if I remember. No hard feeling about that little prank in the rainbow sewers right? Oh hey! Check this out though, I went pro!

With that he pulled a piece of light, tightly folded fabric from the inside pocket of his jacket. Unfolding it he revealed a sleek red and black flight suit with a small C

on the shoulder.

"See I even get to be captain of the team! Now I just need to find good enough flyers..."

"Pfffft, little prank. I almost drowned in spicy!" Winter yelled at him in mock anger. "Nah, I'm kidding. It isn't a big deal. Kind of funny really!" He let out a laugh of good nature and listened to the rest of Crescent's speech. "Wow, congratulations on that! That is a nice looking uniform..." He waited a second, thinking. "And I think I can help you out if you need good fliers, if you know what I mean."

Crescent jokingly looked behind Winter as if searching for some other pony that Winter could be talking about. He chuckled awkwardly at his own little joke, and went on to clear his throat, taking a more serious tone.

"Look no offense winter but I have to be honest. From what I saw of you last time you're a decent flier but not exactly AeroBlades material. You were good not crashing into the sewer pipes and that was some slick stuff actually managing to stay out of the rainbow juice but you seemed to have some trouble matching speeds with me and the 'Bolts. By all means though if you've made improvements since then put on a show for me, I gotta see it though, I cant risk having somepony on the team that cant keep up. It reflects poorly and puts everyone else on the team in danger when we do routines. Although if you think you have what it takes show me your stuff!

With that last bit he smiled and leaned towards Winter as a challenge. He really did hope the pegasus had improved, Crescent still hadnt found any willing fliers he had deemed skilled enough for his team.

Winter kept a poker face with Crescent as long as he could while he listened to Crescent's honesty. Once he finished, Winter stared silently a little bit longer before erupting into a smile. "Of course I've improved since then! I may not be the best... but... I'm definitely not the worst, and I am a fast learner if things get explained right. I mean, those were *Wonderbolts,* they are supposed to be the best!" He took on a more serious face. "I mean, after all, though I can only do my best... I'll be sure to always push it. When are the tryouts and what are we doing? I'll make sure I'm there and ready."

Crescent looked back and forth between the two ponies, contemplating the situation. The young one would be be just old enough to be on the squad and upon sizing her up Crescent could tell she had some potential in flight. He thought it over for another moment.

"Well I didnt really have any real plans today other than spreading word about the team. So if you guys maybe wanna try out now I'd be down for it."

Crescent turned to the filly.

"What do you say short stuff? hmm you should probly tell me your name, anyway You wanna try out for one of Equestria's next top Flight squads?

Lightning narrowed her eyes, accepting Crescent's challenge. This guy was cocky, but she had a feeling he was about to taste defeat.

"My names Lightning Dancer. And of course I want to try out, but it had better be a bit of a challenge. I'm so sick of winning races easily." Lightning was proud of herself for being able to pull of such an impressive boast. She turned to the new pony, putting a hoof out to shake.

"You're Winter, right? Apparantely someone's not too impressed with your flying."

Lightning eyed Crescent as she shook Winter's hand. She felt so cool, with this fake confidence. It also gave her a feeling of uneasiness. What if she truly wasn't as great a flyer as she had anticipated? She knew that she would be mocked, and tried to be taught a lesson. She could never professionally race again, and she would never get onto a team. She gulped, and look at her little white feather wings. She prayed for them to be as fast as she hoped!

"Haha, and he has no reason to be. I try my best, but I of all ponies should know it isn't amazing. I'm probably just going to make all the other ponies look better in the tryouts... But I'm okay with that, for now. I'll get better eventually!" He said happily, throwing in a wink at the end. "Nice to meet you, Lightning Dancer."

Crescent smiled at the filly's confidence, she reminded Crescent of a younger him, so ready to get her name into the world. He thought for a moment of how he could test these two on the spot.

"Alright here's you first test...Keep up!"

Crescent exploded full force from the cloud he had been standing on. He accelerated violently, winter wasnt the only one who had improve since they last met. Crescent wasnt assigned team captain for nothing, he blasted through the air holding back just a bit in case it was too much for the other two. He banked sharply around a the corner of a nearby building pulling wisps of clouds off the structure at the high speed, a purple streak trailing far behind him.

OOC: Dunder will no longer be joining us as per his own request.

Lightning gasped as the cloud beneath her swirled away and her wings took control. Crescent was suddenly gone, blasting away at break-neck speed.

Lightning didn't hesitate, she knew this was her chance. A course of adrenaline filled her, and she sped off to catch up with him. Her wings pounded, and her eyes squinted as they started to water. Behind her was a trail of bright lightning, screaming into the sky. Every so often, it was accompanied by thunder.

As she got closer and closer, Lightning started to smile and continued to follow the purple streak across the sky. Soon, Crescent was in full view.

Winter Bolt got the latest start of them all, and knew he had to push it even harder to catch up. He flipped down his goggles, a gift from Lightning Streak, and launched after them. Winter exerted all the wing speed he could in an effort to catch up. When he got close to the sharp turn caused by the corner of a building, he chose to pull a little stunt. He wasn't sure whether or not it would make things faster or if it would really help at all, but Winter decided to at least try.. The tan pegasus flipped so his back legs were facing the building and ran into it hard, hitting at an angle to reduce impact as much as possible. He then used it as ground to run along as he flew, giving him a little extra boost. After a little more flying as fast as he could, he finally got close enough to Lightning's streak of bright lightning to be able to touch it. Finally... Almost caught up... Maybe if I - A loud thunder crash from the trail interrupted his thoughts and nearly made him jump. Alright... Gotta pay attention now, then.

Crescent spared a glance back to check the progress of the other two. Lightning streak was exceeding expectations, she was still young which meant with practice she would probably be as fast as Crescent once she was a mare, if not then perhaps a bit faster. Though still not the fastest flier Winter had made leaps and bounds in his speed capabilities and what he lacked in velocity Crescent could tell he made up for in creativity; he had caught that little wall running stunt. The move was not only flashy but it took coordination to not get your hooves tripped up at such a high speed trot, not to mention he was doing it on the side of a building. Crescent knew ith a bit o more practice Winter could build up the strength in his wings and that quick creative thinking would be well worth the investment of time and effort. As they both began gaining on them Crescent figured it might be alright to let the bars off and see how they fared at full speed. He relinquished the small bit of speed management he had retained pushing himself to the limit. He arced upwards trying to see how strong their wings really were. He swooped up and over a few clouds swirled around another and landed on the now slowly spinning pile of fluff.

Lightning looked behind her just in time to see Winter crash into a wall. At first she was startled, and slowed her pace slightly. But as Winter bolted out of the building, she immediately sped back up. Looking up ahead to Crescent, she wondered what he thought of her flying.

As Crescent started to move upwards into the sky, Lightning's eyes really started to sting, and her wings ached from so much work. But this only made her more determined. She accelerated into the sky, leaving a flash of lightning and a crack of thunder behind for Winter.

CRACK!! The thunder resounded in Winter's face again, breaking his concentration. Gosh, i'm really starting to hate this stuff... Regaining concentration on his flight, the pegasus saw Crescent begin to move upwards in the sky and immediately knew what was coming. Wide open air. Of course there had to be wide open air. Winter strained his wings to catch the air and raise him up into the air with the others. His wings felt a little bit like lead and his stomach felt as if he had eaten a hundred spicy burritos. Oh come on! I don't do spicy! He thought angrily to his stomach. Not much to do here but push on.

Crescent waited eagerly on the cloud he landed on closely observing their flight patterns. Each of them were showing signs of fatigue. Crescent was a bit dissapointed but realized they probably didnt follow the same rigorous training regimen as him. He figured once they were on a daily practice schedule their endurance and stamina would surely improve. He laughed as Lightning Dancer cracked another blast of thunder in Winters face, he like that filly's style and decided to always keep an open hoof for her if he decided to offer membership, which was very likely from what he had already seen, If she proved capable on the next test than it would certainly be a sure thing. Poor Winter he always seemed to be the butt of someone's prank. He certainly showed a lot of potential, but Crescent still wasnt sure if he had the right stuff to be on the core squad of the team, if he did pick him up it would probably be as a back up member once he acquired more talent. Despite all of it Winter had still impressed him and that on its own was no small feat.

Lightning saw that Crescent had landed, and quickly raced up to his cloud. She was tired, but did not stop. Panting, she let her wings rest.

"Wow, that was intense." she gasped. She looked down over the cloud to see Winter still on her way. She suddenly regretted all of the lightning and thunder.

As Winter saw the others begin to land on the cloud, he couldn't help but sigh in relief. He landed on the cloud with them, breathing heavily. "That... Was... Great." He said between breaths. "Really. Fun." He shook around his head and circled around his wings, stretching them out. "Really... invigorating. Is that all, or do we get to do some more?"