[Chapter 2-No Lands End] Finding the Path of Dreams [PM to Join]

Thrylos

Dunder Blust was stalking some ponies out in the forest. His lack of armor making him not east to hear, as well as his soft flying. His hiding spot behind a rock made him hard to see as he stalked the zebra and the pony. He wanted to watch them more before seeing what they would do.

((Alright, I want to know if I need to edit this post or not, as it is talking about the campsite in heavy detail))

Wilden contemplated the battle as he stood over his father’s corpse. In the end his father let himself be killed, Wilden knew. The last look his father gave him hurt more than all of the new scars lining Wilden’s body. It wasn’t hatred or anger or some other dark feeling; it was guilt. Wilden couldn’t bear to look into those eyes for long, he made the end quick to spare himself. His father knew it was going to happen, and left a map. Whitetail wood was home to all wolves but the Prince and his pack, and Wilden had an alliance to forge.

Finding the way out of the cave was the easy part; winning a war was a different story.

--------------------------------------------

Amy Ironhooves finally set her hammer down and looked at her new product — a perfectly crafted dragon bone hilt, and on it was a blade made with meteor iron. It took months, but when she found the meteor iron Amy wasted no time and went to work. The blade was going to crown the next prince or princess after the rebels won the war, but for now General Hurricane needed to wield it.

Sadly General Hurricane (named after the Pegasus that helped found Equestria) left after being told of a group of dragons in the area. Amy was worried for him and Nexi, but more recently her mind was on her old friends from Canterlot; of Dunder and Giza and Leafy.

Tents were up from north to south for miles around. The campground was a loud and lively place; nearly anyone that wasn’t working or resting for a night shift trained. Amy, being one of blacksmiths, was allowed more freedom than most, one of which was the freedom to visit the head cook’s “kitchen” (truly just a glorified tent) whenever she pleased. Amy was kept fed better than most (The actual chart is wounded /non-workers< light workers (cooks, teachers, etc.)< soldiers < heavy workers (builders, blacksmiths, etc.) < leaders) but being well fed wasn’t enough to make up for the countless sleepless nights she encountered when working. Along with the 16+ hours of crafting, Amy spent two hours training apprentice blacksmiths each day, leaving her little time to sleep. Luckily metal and food were in great supply for now, as the buffalo tribes were aiding them heavily in the latter, and the nearby mountain range helped the former. The mountains were as much a curse as a blessing.

They were unhealthily close to Las Pegasus, as only the thin mountain range protected them from discovery, but whenever somepony (zebra, buffalo, griffon) brought it up the higher-ups dismissed it as needless worrying. The rebel army was huge, ponies and the few members of other species supporting them was probably enough to make the dragons extinct, or at least endangered, numbers were a powerful thing. Their best weapon, however, was the element of surprise, and one enemy seeing them would ruin that. If they did keep it they would probably be able to take Las Pegasus, Manehattan, and Fillydelphia. But the world was full of ifs…

• Like 1

((CrescentBlaze: Go ahead and build off of it! No problem with me! You'll learn more about how disrespected Nexi is in camp.))

Nexi walked slowly down the sands, striped hooves crashing into the sand that, annoyingly, muted every feeling she had to do with sense of touch. Her ears and nose worked fine, but she felt ultimately near-sighted. But, there was one change in the sand that felt slightly like hooves...still, there were nearing the mountains that blocked view of the camp, and the old Appleoosa that had been burned to the ground. Slowly, Nexilli Zecenda stopped in the ruins, and sniffed about before stepping into a ruin and dissipating suddenly. On the floor of the house was a rug, and under that a hatch. This was the entrance where strangers were to be brought too, so that they could be monitored before being known as trustworthy and being shown the REAL camp.

Crescent followed obediently, he knew the drill. When he had first joined the resistance he had operated the false entrances rather often before working through the ranks. He was however still nervous, these ponies may have heard of him or even recognize him, from his "work" in the resistance back in Cloudsdale, and that worried him. He followed Nexi into the ruin and watched as she revealed the trap door.

"Dont worry guys. This is just standard procedure. They're just going to ask a few questions to make sure we arent spies. Everything will be fine."

He strode over to Nexi by the hatch waiting for her to open it.

OOC: I dont think the posting order stayed very long xD and, since I missed runners last post due to evil schoolness, Ill go now :P )

BlackHoof unsurly at Pro, he had never been interrogated before, and his mother, whom he still couldn't remember the slightest details about, had given him a book. The book talked about how when a person goes to jail their interrogated than brought to jail and then stayed there forever. He thought she had this because of something to do with his father never being in his memory whats so ever.

" Uh, Pro, are they going to put us in a cage or something, and to be honest I don't feel as if i'm in any ' rebellion ' either, I can't even fight in the first place, so why should I have to be interrogated? "

Crescent continued to clarify.

"The empire takes foals at birth to be trained as spies so as far as they're concerned you're still a threat to security. And not to worry the rebels are good people for the most part. Some might be a bit rough but we look out for each other. Trust me I used to do this back in Cloudsdale when the resistance was still active there. They;re just going to sit us down and have us answer a few questions. Dont worry if you get nervous I can answer any questions they ask you ask long as I know the answer. Plus as I said I'm one of them, they'll trust me, I've just been...AWOL for a while.

Crescent shuffled a little nervously hoping none of the examiners would know the details of his past service to the rebels.

Runner couldn't help but to be slightly nervous, he was never officially part of the resistence. He just pulled pranks now and then, but this time it was real, he was actually going to be enlisted in a resistance. Well, it was like he always said, just go with the flow. Turning to Nexilli.

"So, is it you who's gonna be interrogating us?"

Amy sat in front of the pyre, surrounded by the other blacksmiths. All around her, trainers and trainees were staring at the burning corpse of Head Blacksmith Steele. The strength and power always associated with his very name was gone; it died when he was found in his bed, sleeping eternally. Blacksmiths always sent their dead to the very flames they crafted from, and it was believed that the larger the flame meant the greater the blacksmith. In this case Amy was afraid it would go over the mountain. Everyone knew him and everyone loved him, and many men were shedding a tear or two. She felt water in her eyes, but quickly controlled herself. Tears flowed nonstop when she was in private, but in front of the others it was her job to be tough. He was strong, wise, and kind, the perfect mentor, and a higher birth would have made him the greatest ruler since Fluttershy, but sadly he was of common birth, nothing to do with royalty.

Amy, as the smith that knew him most, was given the honor of saying the final words as his body left with the flames. “The fire of love crafted us, the fire of youth birthed our passions, and the fire of age takes us forever to craft in the Heavens.” She waited for the others to echo, and continued with the less formal speaking. “Father Steele, as he was father to us all, was and always will be the best of us. I am honored to carry the hammer, to follow his lifestyle. May he be forever remembered in the Heavens above.”

The rest of the day passed quickly; she was named the new head blacksmith as well as councilor (despite her arguing against it), Storm Dragon’s favorite pet was dead, and Nexi was (officially) missing. Nexi’s disappearance was not the topic of conversation in camp, to Amy’s disgust. She hated being one of the only ponies to care about her.

Amy was harassed by memories of her now-dead teacher as she tried to sleep, and it was midnight before a (luckily) dreamless sleep took her. She was hardly asleep an hour when a group of soldiers awoke her.

The council tent was filled with the noise of arguing, but Amy could nearly feel the fear in the air. From outside she heard several distinct words, “war,” “surprise,” and “risk” were the most distinct among them.

From inside, everyone but Councilor Longbeard and a few of the guards looked drowsy. “This is death; we have yet to even secure the total allegiance of the buffalo herds, so how do expect us to fight a more organized army that is TWICE OUR SIZE?” The rich councilor Diamondeyes was asking Commander Redwing, a councilor and General Hurricane’s second. Redwing had nothing to say to that, so Diamondeyes continued, “did I mention the dragons and experimental monsters? Because, shocker, they have those too.” Diamondeyes was obviously irritated, sleep deprivation did that to most, especially snooty ponies like him.

Amy ignored it all and headed back to the tent to sleep; Longbeard would take no sides, Redwing would want war, and Diamondeyes would want to sit on his rump. Even when she wasn’t councilor, she knew from Steele that taking either side would cause nothing and waste time. Amy supported Redwing. They both agreed that if they were found out it would be over, but the world was full of ifs.

Crescent didnt wait for Nexi to open the hatch, he sung the metal latch open and began to climb down the steep metal stairs into the hidden bunker below. He took notice of all things around him that he could observe in the relative darkness. As his eyes adjusted to the low light he stepped out of the tunnel like stair case and took note of the two spear holding guards at the entrance and a large metal table with three chairs on their side of the room and one on the other. A white stallion in a black jumpsuit sat on the other side. Clearly this was the examiner. Crescent steeled and sharpened hi mind in preparation for laying out this interrogator, the stallion looked like he was one of the interrogators that enjoyed the power of his job a little too much; the kind that made a bad impression on new comers to the rebellion. As Crescent reached the table a guard reached to the sword frog around his waist to take his weapon. Crescent knew it was all standard procedure, but he'd be damned before he let anypony take something so dear to him without permission. He grabbed the guard's hoof before he could touch the blade and looked into hi eyes authoritatively. The guards backed away to his former position.

"Runner, Hunter, c'mon take a seat."

Crescent waited for the other to to seat themselves before unstrapped Night Fire from his belt and placing it on the table with the resounding clang of metal on metal, and sitting in the middle seat. He lowered his brow allowing the dim light to cast shadows over his face and looked at the inquisitor as if to say, "try anything funny and you'll regret it".

OOC: Thrylos would you like to control the questioner or can I?

((OOC: Probably me.))

The inquisitor returned the cold stare, as if to say the same to him, then turned about to set eyes on Nexi, and though she couldn't see his eyes growled nonetheless. Only Amy, a blacksmith, and some others, respected her years and experience and treated her kindly. The inquisitor was a thin, ragged griffon with a skinny face and a sharp hooked beak that could slice through some metals, but had never been used due to his peaceful wishes upon joining. Any spies he had caught had been let go to run away with their cries for mercy. So far, the griffon's beak hadn't been used, but only members knew that. Nexi had never seen that beak, but just the tense filling in the room when she had joined had been enough to tell her something, along with, the inquisitor seeing her blindness, had forced her to feel the tip of his beak, which had pricked without even pressing. Nexi shivered, and whispered into the new pony's ears.

"Don't freak out. He looks fierce, but that beak has never been used. They put him to work here because he didn't want to be a warrior, so they put that beak to good use." The zebra tried to smile, but it came crooked and Nexilli Zecenda backed a bit before turning to the inquisitor.

The griffin cackled. "Foals first." The griffin then grabbed Black Hoof and sat him down at his interrogation desk. "I am Inquisitor Zeke, but just call me Zeke." The first interrogation had begun...

Crescent immediately stood up as the griffon snatched up hunter. He stood next to the colt still staring down the griffin.

"I will speak for the boy on his behalf under any strenuous circumstance where he fails to find his tongue." he spoke in a powerful authoritative voice

He could already tell this griffin was going to be harsh in his examination and possibly attempt to force a confession. Crescent didnt care if he was exposed for it he wouldnt let the bird brain intimidate a member of his new family. He placed a hoof on Hunter's shoulder.

"Go ahead, I'm right beside you."

BlackHoof stared back at the ragged griffin almost ready to spring from the room at any given movement or signal, He took a few looks around the room analyzing escape root in case the sharp beaked questioner decided they weren't friendly. He knew the harm a griffn could do with just it's wings. But this one was obviously ready for combat if need be, even the blind zebras reassuring words still could not ease the tension in his stomach. He than looked up at pro,

" Uh, maybe you could go first...if thats ok, it's not like i'm scared but, the beak...so uh, I'll go stand over there.. " BlackHoof said as quickly as he could before quickly trotting beside the Zebra.

The griffon smirked and grabbed Black Hoof again, then glared at Pro. "Well, look who the cat dragged in!" Calmly, Zeke placed the colt back down on the chair. "I'm much easier on foals, so don't worry." Nexi gave a reassuring wink before grabbing Pro and Runner, pushing them away.

"I can tell that Zeke will be just as harsh, but never has he made accusations without reason to believe your trouble. He'll just ask some questions, and make some intimidating stares, but other than that isn't that bad. Black Hoof will be okay." With that, the blind zebra turned back to Black Hoof, then gave the griffin her look, because having no pupils can give people a freaky advantage with staring. "Don't do anything funny, bird." Then Nexi left the place, and another trickier passageway was her destination. Checking about, Nexilli Zecenda placed her hooves in a circle of desert mushroom, and with a flash was in the earth, traveling at high speeds towards the base...

Thlugh he hadnt known her long, Crescent liked Nexi and he trusted her somewhat so her words calmed him slightly. Unfortunately he was still on edge for the Griffin's words clearly indicated he knew who he was, although it seemed the cat was only half way out of the bag, and Crescent could use that to his advantage. Despite Nexi's and Zeke assurance he held his ground next to Hunter's chair waiting for the griffin to start the inquisition.

Dunder Blust had been stalking the zebra and that other pony for a while before they entered a base. There were plenty of ponies on patrol... if he could sneak in and blend in among them, he would be able to get inside. He hid in the shadows as he waited for an opportunity...

He noticed some ponies returning from a patrol. They were all laughing, happy to be returning to their tents as Dunder walked up to them. "Hello." He said, "I seem to have lost my regiment. Could one of you direct me in the right direction?"

One of the younger ponies, wanting to flaunt his knowledge and leadership abilities spoke up. "Yeah, I know all the units that are in the camp and where they are. Come on, I'll point you in the right direction." He said as they all trotted off.

Dunder was let in with the group, no questions asked. when they reached a large enough crowd he vanished among them.

He recognized the zebra running from someplace out back into the desert. He looked to the building/tent where she had run out of. He decided to try to approach it.

Inside, the griffin cackled, then smiled sweetly at Hunter.

"So...just a colt, huh? Congratulations. Youth is a beautiful thing, isn't it?"

((Theres going to be mostly back and forth lots of talking, so mostly one-liners.))

Amy Ironhooves had just finished another council meeting, and (for once) it was actually productive. All four attending councilors had finally agreed on an heir to take Storm Dragon’s place once the war was finished. Unless another (hidden) child of Princess Fluttershy was found, General Hurricane would rule Equestria. Nearly every other topic involved arguing (especially one involving where to strike first), but at least one major thing was out of the way.

She was on her way home when she heard a young voice call for help. Instinct immediately kicked in and she ran toward the call, dagger at the ready. She was shocked by what she saw.

It was a hybrid, a monster, surrounded by citizens and soldiers alike, most calling out for a lynching or taunting it. Luckily it was covered by a net, but the sight still made her uneasy. It had a pony’s body, sure, but the wings were undoubtedly those of a dragon.

After a moment she realized something—the yell for help came from it. After some internal debating she ordered everyone to back away and approached it herself. It was young, possibly a colt, but it was more than likely just a young stallion. Every part of his body looked innocent, aside from the wings, of course. They looked as though they could cut stone to shreds.

The crowd hushed when she was in front of him, staring into his eyes. She expected to find some darkness inside them, but instead, to her shock, found innocence and loneliness written inside.

She removed the net (to the crowd’s shock and disgust) and talked to him. “I am Councilor Amy Ironhooves, you look innocent, but make one false move and you will be lifeless in seconds.” She followed up by asking for his name and how long he had been in the camp.

• Like 1