The Return of Discord [Open]

Silver got up from being choked and dropped, coughing a few times before letting out a feral roar that shook the ground. He didn't look like a pony anymore, he was a hulking, spiked monstrosity. The mask let out an audible laugh of insanity as Silver's lifted hoof became a bone blade.

Silver was gone, his personality subsumed by the vengeful mask as he approached the black unicorn that choked him. "The killing floor, is open!", the mask said with sadistic glee as he picked up Strife and threw him at Blood, who had changed back into Song again.

He was a prisoner in his own body, watching in horror. Powerless to stop the impending carnage, Silver was horrified.

Nemesis engines roared to life once more and tackled the now transformed silver "Calm down at once!" he yelled as he attempted to pin him down.

"We need him alive if he is going to give us more information! Killing him wont help so calm down!!" this was bad, even though he was robotic, strength was not one of his advantages.

Strife grunted as he fell on the hard,unforgiving ground....again,but at least that mare broke his fall. He looked up in a bit of awe as he watched the Murderous beast fight the robot....this was a beautiful display of Order vs. The Chaotic Nature of Ponykind!

"Why does stuff like this always happen when I don't have my magic? Aw well, time to run!" He mumbled as he reached back towards his coat to brush some dirt off , but then he realized something.

He wasn't in the rain anymore, and he was dry.

It seemed as if he had been under the non-collapsed portions of the roof when he was being "interrogated", and in that was apparently all the time he needed to dry off!

Just need to stay dry now and I can have my fun! He thought with a war-craving smile on his face, he was going to enjoy this!

"Yo, String White. Guess what?" He questioned as he fired a charged bolt of crimson magical energy at the Mare, who was still on the ground.

"I'm all better."

(sorry delays I have had limited time the past few days and could only reply to a couple threads at a time. Finaly catching up to here and none too soon it seems)

(Rats! I need to rewrite, Stife just posted!)

Amber wands turned from Nemisis in surprise when a unicorn bearing a violin and recoiled in horror when one wearing a cursed mask showed up nearly simultaneously.

The wand squealed at high readings from both unicorns, each far more powerful than her from stores of magic more than her wand could carry.

Before she could sort out this information, the suspect she had been chasing made his presence known with a chocolate tornado.

Hurriedly the gold colored unicorn had prepared to use her wand against the tornado but the new arrivals had lept into action, making the tornado explode into chocolate rain.

The mare suddenly had to hug the ground, -just in case, as Nemesis fired off his weapons at the source of the magical attack.

Amber galloped furiously up to the building with the others as the suspect was finally visible.

Before she could stop him, Silver had already thrown Balance at the perp "Wait I dont think that..." *thud* "...is a good idea... oh dear...."

As she helped Balance up, they finally captured the suspect pony, freely admitting he did it and somehow managed to get the two powerful unicorns to fight.

Amber ulped and ducked behind rubble , dragging Balance with her.

She screamed as Strife was picked up by the transformed Silver and thrown like a ragdoll. "NO! We Need him!"

The mare used her wand to put a bubble around Strife before he could strike and held him in midair. she fought to pull the bubble toward her. "You have got some explaining to do mister!"

Suddenly her bubble went off course and into the rubble. Strife was free again and launched a crimson bolt at the white unicorn.

She could stop Strife again or help Song.

Amber made a shield ahead of the bolt and hoped it would hold...

Edited by Boss_Hoss1

Silver's body was being pushed to it's limits as the mask fought the robot's grip. "Let me go! He's getting away!", the mask growled as it shook the robot off and with unnatural speed was on his feet.

He watched as Amber's bubble failed and Strife launching a lightning bolt. His own reserves were nearly depleted by the Mask's takeover and transformations. Panting, the mask whispered, "Don't worry, I can replenish your magic." Using Silver's fizzling horn as a lightning rod, he attracted the lightning bolt and absorbed it. Feeling a surge in power, Silver rebelled and dialed back the power to a less monstrous but muscular state.

"Hey chaos pony! I think your a little low on magic!", he shouted with a laugh as he caught up with Strife. One dashing shoulder ram later, he had the pony pinned in the forest. Touching his horn to the unicorn's body, he began to siphon away Strife's magic reserves and replenishing his own.

Nemesis was supprised at the sudden burst of strength and was about crash to the floor but in time his engine came to life and managed to hover above ground, he stopped to observe silver draining the magic away from strife "Yes take it all from him. but don't knock him out"

He willed his engines to add alittle more boost and glided over to strife "now then...where is he? where is the god of chaos?!"

It was a blur to Strife, one minute his bolt had broken him out of his bubbily prison and was flying towards that bubble shield, the next his bolt was going straight towards Freakshow's horn, but instead of doing damage, it seemed to help him revert back to a more "normal" state.

Wait a minute, that's chaos magic he is absorbing! Only Chaos Followers could use that without feeling it's horrible side-effects!{except in his case with the choclate rain, what was up with that?}

"Oh! Let me go you maniac!" He shouted as he was smashed all the way to the forset, the pain and damage increasing with each thing he was smashed into an old willow tree.

He began to feel weaker as the magical pressence inside him seemed to...vanish, was this monster leeching his power from him...was this how he was going to die? As a simple meal to replenish this beasts power?

Grunting as the will to speak slowly left him Strife formed a magical blade with what little power he had left,"I'm not going like...this!"

With the final ebbs of his might began to be sucked into the vile unicorn, Strife raised his bladed hoof and took a swing at his horn,if he was going down, then he was going to take away this punk's magic!

The mask whispered, "Watch out...", as Strife raised a bladed hoof and struck his horn. Instead of shearing off, it took the blow but it sent Silver reeling back and ending the magic siphoning. "(urk!) I commend your will to fight but what I was doing wasn't going to kill you, but leave you without magic.", he replied to Strife's comment of not going out like that, his words slightly slurred from the power high he was experiencing.

Lifting the weakened unicorn, he asked, "Will you behave now and stop this foolishness? I really don't want to let the mask take over again, do you wanna see the spikes again?". He was emotionally drained from the strain on his psyche brought on by the mask's chaotic influence.

Nemesis approached the two, his cannons focused on strife as they glowed a brilliant blue ready to fire at his command "I wouldn't move if I were you servant of chaos" He said in a smug manner thinking this a victory "You're magic is nearly drained. you have no choice but to surrender!"

He took a scan of silver "minor damage by my readings, you should be fine but best to get a professional to check you out too" he then turned back to strife "now then. I believe I was asking you a question..."

Strife had to admit, he was tired, drained of magic, and out-numbered.

He needed time to...become refreshed, where the heck was Discord anyway? He hadn't seen him all day!

Falling to the ground, Strife submitted,"Fine...ask your questions, I'm almost dead anyway without my magic. Speaking of which, your friend absorbed allot of my Chaos Magic, sense he don't follow Discord that will have a bad, yet possibly hilarious, effect on his body."

He just needed to rest was all, then he would....make up a plan?

Ya, he was good at that.

It's about time you decided to give up. Goodness I've forgotten had hardheaded Discord's followers can be. Song said then turned to the amber pony Oh and darling do me a favor? Never try to save my life again please I can hold my own. I might be a thousand years old but I'm not helpless. To balance. Alright I think you can talk to him now dear.

"Got it!" Balance responded to Song. He watched the whole situation silently, scaring himself when he actually giggled at some of the chaos that was being created. He cleared his throat, and spoke. "Just to be sure you're not lying..." His horn started glowing a dark blue, and after a few seconds, Strife's head had the same aura. He was happy to have successfully casted the spell, though a bit tired from it. Nopony else could see it, at least to Balance's knowledge, but a chessboard came out of thin air, only having 2 pieces on Balances side.

That's what the spell was; it created a game of mind chess. When the pony would not say something, a piece would appear on their side. Balance would ask seemingly silly questions, to get closer and closer to his piece, and eventually attack, to find out what they're hiding. He was ready to start, with a big question first. "Where is Discord hiding?"

Drat! No new pieces! He must not know where Discord is!

Wait a second! Remember, this is the God of Chaos we're dealing with. He must not BELIEVE he knows where Discord is, because he is too unpredictable!

Good point, then let's start with those questions.

"You're right, he may not be hiding. So, when was the last time you saw him? And did he tell you anything about where he would be going?"

We're not learning anything new here! Find something good from this pony!

I-I'll try... But this is tough, I almost NEVER do things like this!

"So... He gave you some gifts. Would that happen to be some dark magic? If so, how powerful would you say it is?"

How is THAT a good question!

I have a small plan, depending on his answer...

Strife didn't know if he should answer this question, but on the other hoof, what's the harm? It's not like they could get anything out of his answer.

"Well, yes. Some very nice spells, but he also gave me to location of some sweet gear." Strife answerd, wondering why he cared so much.

This pony's a lot more honest then I believed. There has to be something important from this... AHA!

What?

He slipped up!

What? His spells are helpful in some way?

No, the gear! Why would Discord entrust some random gear to this pony?

Because he freed him!

Yes, but Discord isn't one to keep his word, if I may give guesses. I think this gear will be more than meets the eye... And if it is, it may help us find where Discord has been!

"So... Gear you say? What is it, and where would we find it? I mean, any help in finding and defeating Discord would be appreciated."

The invisible chess board glowed for a split second, then suddenly, a chess piece (a black king), sprouted in the center of the board.

FINALLY! It's not TOO far, so it won't be too complicated to destroy it, as long as we're tricky. Now, we have to ask something seemingly unrelated...

"Okay, we'll be sure to check that out later. For now, quick question, where was Discord released?"

Strife raised an eyebrow, this colt didn't study world events much, did he?

"At the royal gardens, duh. I'm honestly a bit surprised that he didn't try to take Canterlot. Don't the elements of harmony live here?" Strife asked, it was HIS turn to ask a question.

"... Elements of Harmony?"

Even I know this! And I'm you!

So... What are they?

If you looked through your memories once in a while, like I keep suggesting, you'll remember the old story mother told us, about Nightmare Moon, and Celestia.

Oh yeah, those giant rock-things... So those are real?

Apparently.

"I'm not the pony to answer that question, so I'll say no. There must have been a reason he didn't take over Canterlot..." Suddenly, one of Balance's two chess pieces, a bishop, moved closer to Strife's piece. Canterlot, eh? Let's keep questioning him, about Canterlot.

"Perhaps he was avoiding the princess's. Speaking of the princess's, would they happen to have defeated Discord the last time? If so... Where? The Royal Garden again?"

Strife's eyes narrowed at the mention of his former masters, weaklings! They couldn't hold a candle to Discord!

"NO!" He yelled weakly,"Those....fools didn't do a single thing! I'm talking about those blasted Element Bearers, Applejack! Fluttershy! That dang librarian Twilight Sparkle! They got the drop on Discord in the center of this idiotic town and turned him to stone!" He hissed, he hated talking about them! Why if he ever got the chance he would...he would....

"Next question." he huffed, he hoped it wasn't another...sore topic.

Element BEARERS?! There are others who control the elements now?

Those names do sound familiar...

it's probably unrelated to the gear, but let's pursue this for a moment...

"These element bearers, who are they? What's your affiliation with them?"

If it's unrelated, we shouldn't pursue this too much. He may refuse to even answer our small questions, or we could waste enough time to kill off this spell.

Right. But if we could find these 'element bearers', then it would be pretty easy to defeat Discord.

Pff, them? Strife could talk about them all day!

"Ya see, after studying them, I realized each one is the embodiment of their stupid element, Applejack is honesty, Fluttershy is "kindness, Rarity is generosity, never got that one, That rainbow chick, Dash I think her name is, is Loyalty, and the worst one of them all: Twilight Sparkle, Magic. As for my " affiliation" with them: Enemies, each and every one. I disliked Twilight even back in my days at Canterlot!" Strife went on and on about one of his least favorite ponies, until he came to an stop.

Chuckling weakly, Strife finished,"Ahem, Sorry bout that, I don't like them very much. Does that answer you question? Are you going to let me go now?"