Flight Suit Fittings! [AeroBlades Only]

Lightning's face burned with embarrassment as she heard Crescent say that they would "get her out of the way first". She nodded at him, as the ponies disassembled and began to talk amongst themselves. She hated being the smallest of the Aeroblades. Would people ever take her seriously? Or was she just the cute little baby in everyones eyes?

She had been looking forward to getting to know the other Aeroblades, but now she was afraid she wouldn't get much of a chance. She glanced at Felicity Lace, who smiled at her in a friendly way. Lightning did her best to smile back. She was eager to meet this new pony.

She stepped up to Strait Lace and prepared to be measured for her suit.

((Silver thread the yellow unicorn will be taking measurements and making the suits, strait lace left a while back :D))

Crescent could see Lightning wasnt feeling quite up to snuff. her body language from her pinned down ears to her slight hunch told him eerything he needed to know and as team captain it was Crescents job to help make every pony feel welcome and accepted. He took responsibility and walked up to the little platform with Lights where Silver thread would be measuring her, with a broad grin on his face hoping to cheer her up.

"Hey Lights! you excited about meeting the other 'Blades?"

Lightning looked up when she heard Crescent's friendly voice. She stood up a bit straighter, not wanting to look bad in front of her captain.

"Yeah, I'm really excited. I'm just not sure if they'll like me. I mean, other than you and Winter, of course..." she sighed, looking back to the floor in shame. "I'm so new to this whole thing, and everybody else is so professional and...ugh, so composed. I just don't know if I'm cut out for this. I mean, we're at a mansion getting fitted for professional flightsuits! Its all I've ever dreamed, but its so much! What if I'm not good enough?"

Sky Flare was walking by when he happened to just hear that the pony named Lightning was nervous about being good enough.

"Hey," he said with a smile, I'm a pony that easily makes friends with others. As long as they're not mean or rude, I'm fine with them. As for you fear of not being good enough, we all have those times where we might feel like we're not good enough. I know it certainly happened to me many times."

Sky then thought about something to help Lightning cheer her up. "Did you know that I wasn't always the stunt pony I was today? Would you believe me if I told you that I was actually scared to fly?"

With the departure of the one he was most familiar with, Winter decided it would be best to find somepony else to chat with. Lightning would probably be fine talking to another pony. So, Winter turned to Satin and tried to get her attention. She seemed fun enough when talking to Crescent and seemed like a good place to start in meeting the other Aeroblades. "So, uh... How's the weather out there? Haha, not really... Ignore that question. Pretty fun stuff... being an Aeroblade and all, right? Oh, how did you join the team, anyways?"

Crescent could certainly sympathize with Lights, everything she had said was something he had gone through before he realized always being sure of himself was the only way to succeed. He approached the subject tenderly, he didnt really enjoy expressing past short comings but this was for more than simply a team mate, since he had met her Crescent had made it a point to look out for the talented young flier. He walked up to her and put a hoof to her shoulder his tone a little more serious.

"Yeah and Sky here isnt the only one who knows what your going through. I know where you're coming from Lights. Its tough being the youngest sometimes, everypony treating you like your just a foal. When I joined the semi-pro circuit I was barely out of colthood trying to make a living and pursue a dream at the same time. I was the youngest racer for a year and didnt even win a race for two. It was heartbreaking, at one point I even thought I might just start working at the weather factory full time and give up, but I realized something. Even if I wasnt the best I was still giving it my all and I was still there which meant I had to be good. You're already here Lightning, and you wouldnt be if you werent one of the best darn fliers I've seen your age, dont ever doubt youself kiddo, cause you know I wont. Now relax and try to have a good time okay you should be done in a jiffy."

Crescent left with a playful wink and went back over to Felicity listening to the idle conversation around them.

Lightning felt so grateful to be accepted by her team! She looked with a small smile from Crescent to Sky and felt a beam of hope inside of her.

"You were...afraid to fly?" She asked Sky, not believing it for a moment.

Then she saw a hoof land on her shoulder, Crescent. And as she heard the words coming from the two ponies mouths, she realised there was nothing to be afraid of! She stepped up to the unicorn, prepared for her fitting. She was near tears, for a sudden wave of joy filled her. Yes, she was finally living the dream.

"Thank you both so much! I'm ready for my fitting. I think I'm ready for anything!"

• Like 1

Felicity smiled greatly upon seeing the team, and hearing Satin compliment her dress. Hearing Crescent give out commands made her laugh a little. As each one introduced themselves she bowed her head politely. Each of the new ponies intirgued her, making her want to know more about them. She nuzzled Crescent back as he told the Aeroblades just who she was. She hadn't said much, a little shy to meet them but didnt hold back a smile for them.

--

"This won't take very long, so just relax!"

Silver thread's Horn glowed as she picked up a piece of fabric, a marker, and a cloth tape measure. She stood up behind Lightning and placed the cloth around her waist, taking the tape and marking a number with the marker.

(( for the sake of keeping things rolling, Crescent you can do Silver thread if you need to. since Im not on often enough >.< ))

Silver Thread levitated another item ,a few pins and needles and a second cloth of a different shape.

"Now hold still dear I dont want to poke you."

She manipulated the oddly cut pieces of cloth to wrap themselves around Lightning's shoulders and forelegs. She inserted the pins into the fabric to hold it in place while she marked off the proper places.

"Ok now I need you to lift your legs a few times to I can see how the scrap fabric stretches, that way with the I can estimate how flexible the miracle mess for your particular suit will need to be."

Crescent stood by Felicity watching as his team started to cozy up to each other. He hoped satin hadnt forgotten about his little request, but to ensure Felicity would actually talk to somepony besides himself he decided to call one over.

"Hey Kick's c'mere!"

Colton felt a bit out of place here. It wasn't his usual environment and it seemed that he was apparently the least popular pony in the room, since nopony seemed to be talking to him. He sighed slightly at his realization, looking up to see Sparks frowning, knowing how his master must have felt.

He was afraid to make any attempts at conversation, everypony seemed to wrapped up in their own pleasant conversations with somepony else. He wondered over each perspective conversation, then thinking of why each conversation he wouldn't fit into, "Well...I know Sky but he's busy with that little one...and she seems pretty shaken...and what if I say the wrong thing, I don't want to make a bad first impressing? Was I too quick to take charge before? Is that why nopony came to talk to me? I just...I just....gah!" He exclaimed mentally.

He was quickly brought out of his line of thinking when somepony actually called him over, Crescent. He breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to him, "Yeah? What's up?"

"Hey Kicks just thought I'd personally introduce you to Felicity here. She's bit shy. She's never been anywhere but Canterlot and Cloudsdale but you've travelled all over Equestria! I figure you must have tons of stories about your adventures."

Crescent knew Felicity loved leaning about new places having been secluded to her mansion most of her life. It was his hope that in talking to Kicks, being the right wing, that Felicity would be introduced to a few other team members.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Felicity." He stated as he extended a friendly hoof. He could see what Crescent was doing, using him as a sort of bridge so Felicity could find it easier talking to the other Aeroblades. In retrospect though, Colton didn't mind considering he was in need of some interaction with the team as well.

"And yeah, Crescent's right, me and this little bird here..." He led into before Sparks poked his head out of Colton's mane, "...Have been all over Equestria, seen tonnes of things...and like Crescent said, yeah, we have a few stories." Colton stated before reaching into his saddlebags and pulling out a small journal and passing it up to Sparks.

"That journal, has all our stories in it....hang on a second." Colton said as he began flicking through the pages to find a good one, "Hmm...ah, here's one...You two might like this one...kind of romantic...It's how I met my fiancée...Would you guys not mind that one?"

Lightning couldn't believe that Sky Flare couldn't fly earlier. It was no surprise to him. To hear of a pegasus who couldn't fly sounded rediculous, like a unicorn that couldn't do magic.

"Well I wasn't actually afraid of flying," Sky said to clarify, "but I was afraid of falling. While fallind might not be too bad if you're near the ground, falling when you live in Cloudsdale could spell the end for you. Because of this fear, practically all the ponies would tease me in class. They'd call me No-Fly Sky. one day I was coming home from school when I bumped into literally a Wonderbolt! He asked what the problem was and I told him. He told me that all i needed was to find my courage and I'd be able to fly. So that day I took the leap and found that I was a pretty good flyer. It was then that my cutie mark appeared. The rest, as I heard, is history."

• Like 1

Crescent was intrigued by the fact that Kicks kept a journal of all his adventures. It sparked a thought that perhaps he should document his own life, maybe write a book someday. A sudden yearning to not be forgotten by history had suddenly revealed itself to him, and he was momentarily frightened by the thought of not leaving his mark on Equestria.

"Yeah that sounds like a wonderful story Kicks! Try to keep it brief though I need to see to the rest of the team and so do you. If you are going to lead in my stead then they have to trust you; but yeah lets here your story."

"I understand, buddy...I'll keep it as brief as I can..." He said before clearing his throat.

"Well one day, me and Sparks were having a race outside Canterlot...we were delivering some clothes and...well we had a bit of a slip and tore some of them...We had to fix it so we decided to go to a tailors in Canterlot. The owner was pretty nice, he offered to make me a suit for a get together that was coming up. We waited for a while and then, she walked in...Quantum Flux, a scientist...and I had no idea we'd be where we are right now..." He stated before pausing briefly.

"Anyway, we got to talking and I mentioned I had nowhere to stay, she offered her place...She lived in this tower with her mentor, a nice old guy, Torvus. And...from then on we've been together...Few weeks ago we took a vacation and when we were alone...I asked her...and now we're travelling together until the big day happens..." He stated before closing off his story with a bit of an exhale.

"So...you reckon we should go talk to the team?" He asked, directed at Crescent.

She looked at Colton and smiled as Crescent personally introduced the two. She shook his hoof as he held it out for her.

"Nice to meet you aswell Colton! All over Equestria? How exciting!"

She let out a small 'Aww' as the bird appeared out of his mane. She watched him as he flipped through the book and looked to Crescent, smling as she heard the topic of the story. She payed close attention and felt her own heart warm at his story. she gently nuzzled Crescent then turned to Colton.

"That was lovely, glad you could find somepony so special!"

Crescent leaned against Felicity lightly and nuzzled her back as Kicks finished his story, and looked down at her smiling as if to say "thats going to be us soon". He looked back up to see the rest of the team still conversing and then back to Colton.

"And to think you never would have met if she hadnt walked in right then! I'm really happy for you bud. And yeah lets go talk with the rest of them."

Crescent made his way over to Satin and Winter with Kicks and Felicity, beaming.

"Hey guys whats up?!"

Silver thread finish up the final measurements on Lightning Dancer who was now covered in at least 6 different pieces of cloth that were all marked with her size

"Alright dear your done! let me just get that for you."

She pulled out the pins from the cloth with her magic and let the scraps fall to the ground at her hooves.

Satin had her eye on Lightning, and she knew that she had to pull her aside at some point later on. She was aware of the others mingling, but she was once more standing at the edge of the group. She looked up to see Winter looking at her.

"Oh, haha. Umm, Crescent caught me training out in the rain once, and trained me up a lil bit before I got accepted onto the team. It's good fun. A personal dream of mine, actually. Clearly it has nothing to do with my cutie mark." She gestured with a wing back to her flank uneasily.

She smiled as Crescent came over to join them. "Not much, Cap'n." She then smiled to Felicity gently. She wondered if she was nervous at being around so many ponies. She knew such events bothered other ponies, but she was alright with it.

Satin looked up to the unicorn who was fitting Lights. "Oh, is it my turn?" She excused herself from the group and made her way over to Lights and pulled her away from the fitting unicorn. Always having been shorter than other ponies her age, Satin knew a thing about being self concious. "Hey, Lightning Dancer, wasn't it? I just wanted to let you know that being small isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm pretty small for my age and I find it easier to fly faster! Anyway, if you ever need to talk, you can come find me, okay?"

She smiled wider and winked at the filly, then went over to the yellow unicorn. "Okay, sorry, I'm ready! Please don't mess up my mane.."

Silver Thread heard her request and understood her plight completely. She too was a mare who spent a lot of time making sure she always looked her best, however her long hours of sweating over a sewing machine often ruined her perfectly posh mane.

"Not to worry sweety I too have an appriciation for a well kept mane. I'll be sure to be extra careful."

She began the process of wrapping and pinning the canvas fitting cloths to her limbs, torso, and head, this time taking extra care lifting her mane out of the way telekinetically, assuring it would remain pristine.

(go ahead winter, felicity, Lights, or sky)

Lightning giggled a little at Sky's story, but tried her best to contain it. He spoke from the heart, which she truly admired. She was envious of his confidence and open nature, Lightning was at best cathartic.

"Well, I'm not really afraid of falling. I'm afraid of being a bad flyer...failing you guys."

As the unicorn finished measuring her, Lightning thanked Silver Thread and stepped away from the ponnequins.

"Wow, that was fast!" she remarked. Not knowing much about fashion, she hoped that was a good thing. She turned back to Sky, hoping to finish her conversation with the very interesting pegasus.

"Fear of flying or fear of failing, it's all the same fear to me," Sky said. as Lightning finished up, "Courage works for all fears. Also I was told by my father once that you are who you think you are. Think you're a great flyer? You are! Think you will fail? Guess what, you might. I know with stunt flying it just as mental as it is physical."

Lightning considered Sky's words of wisdom.

"Well, I don't want to fail. And I suppose there's a reason I'm on this team. So I guess I wont fail you guys! I CAN do this. Thank you for talking with me, Sky."