The Pony Pirates Project REVAMP

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oups, totally forgot I was gunna finalize that bit of art I drew. If you still want to see it that is xD

Edit: Also, is all the crew a part of the Freewings group already, or is this thread a time for folks like Kaskazini to join and meet the rest of the crew?

Man, what the heck happened? I can't believe I missed out on all this stuff. I honestly thought that the pony pirate project died off, and somehow it turns out you all turned it into something 20% cooler than it was before. If you are all willing to take me back after a long silence, I'd like to apply Martel Von Starkhuf for the position of Security Pony.

Welcome back Bannhammer with his OC Martel! He's an old member of the crew and only found out now that we just revived it so I'm putting him back on the roster. He'll be re-taking his old position as security pony "Sergent-at-hoof".

I just recently started to notice this project and noticed you engineering spot is still open, so I figured I'd take a stab at it. I'll have my RP sample up by the end of the night (Have to go to a wedding now, bleh) so I'll get that posted when I have the time today. Thanks for the patients

Any possibility of me being the Chief Engineer? My OC, Regality, loves that stuff

Well.... gonna need your OC background and an RP sample first.

My sample as promised:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flywheel felt her excitement growing with each step, the clack of her hooves on the wood deck making this all seem so much more real to her. Another voyage! Another chance to play with the steam engines of the glorious Freewing! Oh yes, this would be fantastic, the mare thought as she worked her way through the bowels of the ship, drawn in by the loud sounds of slamming pistons and rushing steam, her heart racing with excitement as she finally set hoof in the boiler room. This made the mare's eyes light up as she quickly looked over the array of gauges and valves "Now, lets get some work done!" the pegasus would smirk, reaching a hoof up to push her crimson goggles down over her eyes, taking just a moment to adjust the strap on the back of her mane before diving right in.

"Okay, first order of business, firebox." she would mutter to herself, moving quickly to a large lever near the middle of the boiler, the small mare wrapping both hooves around it and giving a hard tug, opening the hatch to the boiler, causing the dim engine room to glow orange, the thick scent of burning coal suddenly flooding the room as the mare would smirk, taking a step back to admire and inspect the inside of the firebox "In working order, of course I wouldn't expect any less of Gangplank." she would admit, giving a nod of approval before stepping back up to the lever, forcing it back up to close the hatch. This however, would be the last check she would have time to perform.

"Ready the ship! Prepare to make way!" the call would ring out across the decks "Show time!" the white mare would smirk, quickly running forward and re-opening the hatch, tossing in several large loads of coal, using the familiar heat being expelled from the boiler to judge when she had enough. Once she was satisfied with the amount of coal she would slam the lever back into its locked position. From here she would quickly transition to the panel of levers and gauges, her eyes quickly scanning over each rising gauge "Steam pressure normal! Engines ready for your command!" she would call back, a smirk quickly coming across her grease smeared face, oh yes, let the fun begin!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it isn't much, just what I could throw together for you ponies. Thanks for the consideration and feel free to contact me if you need anything else (character bio or any other info.)

-rubs head- I really don't want this to turn into a contest for the Engineer, considering GangPlank made the ship and knows how to run it we don't need someone strutting feathers to impress him, he just needs someone to take over because the responsibilities were starting to pile..

• 2 weeks later...

-rubs head- I really don't want this to turn into a contest for the Engineer, considering GangPlank made the ship and knows how to run it we don't need somepony strutting feathers to impress him, he just needs somepony to take over because the responsibilities were starting to pile..

So.... does that mean there won't be an engineering position?

There is one, we just haven't found the right pony for the job yet .

We need to make a decision soon. I'm quite content with those who posted for the role but waiting a bit longer for the position to be filled up is going to take a long time again.

Aspiring engineers, those of you who are still interested please reply! I want to see if after all this waiting you guys still want it. I know its been a long time but there are reasons behind it.