Playable Species List?

Sirocco

So I've been working on a [Creature] character for the roleplaying section and I finally found this: the playable species list. However; I don't see Phoenix listed in either playable or non-playable portions of the list. Some of the discussions here make me worry its not going to work and others make me consider that since the phoenix has been shown in MLP:FiM that its feasible to create a character for it.

My preference was to create a Phoenix character that would be allowable in the Equestria Mane RP. I love the structure of the forum. The Free/Crossover things aren't really what I go for. I have put a pause on the bio for now.

I adore writing stories and I even have a few 'posts' written in advance because of it. I find it a great challenge to write from the viewpoint of a creature that cannot speak.

Thank you in advance for all your answers!

Well, Phoenix is classified as a pet. This means that they need a character who owns them, and who they interact with. However, with Phoenixes, we've also decided to only allow those that have been seen in show. This is not counting the ones from Dragon Quest, as they are not owned and are wild (excluding, of course, PeeWee).

But, thank you for pointing that out, it should be added.

Well, Phoenix is classified as a pet. This means that they need a character who owns them, and who they interact with. However, with Phoenixes, we've also decided to only allow those that have been seen in show. This is not counting the ones from Dragon Quest, as they are not owned and are wild (excluding, of course, PeeWee).

But, thank you for pointing that out, it should be added.

Thank you for replying so swiftly!

I was pretty sure it would be necessary to be interacting with somepony as a pet or neighborhood denizen. This is why I was hoping to find someone who would adopt the lil tyke. Is it plausible to start a character without an owner - so long as I'm willing to tie him down? My problem is that I'm new and have yet to rp with anypony here.

I already have a page of background story on the lil bugger.

As I said... the exception for the pet rule is Phoenixes, as they are a rare species. They are not playable, except in the case that the owner of an in-show Phoenix (being only Celestia and Spike) would allow you to play their pet.

• Cast characters are responsible for playing as their characters' pet(s), if they choose to.

Source: Cast Character Rules

Well, you could either ask myself (who plays Spike) or Dio (who plays Celestia) before giving up entirely. I mean, PeeWee has no personality to speak of, you could write in your character over PeeWee, long and short of it, and if not that, you could always ask to play Philomena if it's more about the species over the character that you're looking for.

Though, just as a heads-up, I'd actually rather you roleplay a fair bit more on the forums before saying yes to anything.

• Like 1

Well, you could either ask myself (who plays Spike) or Dio (who plays Celestia) before giving up entirely. I mean, PeeWee has no personality to speak of, you could write in your character over PeeWee, long and short of it, and if not that, you could always ask to play Philomena if it's more about the species over the character that you're looking for.

Though, just as a heads-up, I'd actually rather you roleplay a fair bit more on the forums before saying yes to anything.

Thank you for cheering me up :). I'll continue to write up my character and submit it for the Free Roleplay forum. Perhaps after then, I'd love to collaborate with either of you to talk about PeeWee or even Philomena.