Pony hair styling

RCTwilightSparkle

You know RCT, you always mentioned the styling of the ponies hair and other mods, but I never really got a sense of how much work you put into them till these pics and discussion.

Keep up the good work!

Word. Mad respect for the hair skills.

• 4 months later...

Gosh, I gotta get some pics out here of all my styled ponies. (I have all 18 ponies+Sweetie and Apple Bloom, all styled) I need to figure out my camera settings so I can actually take a picture of the little things and not have them look like blurry blobs. I <3 my Pinkie Pie's hair, it's ADORABLE.

I have pics posted in the Pony Collector's thread, but I'm at work right now and don't have access to repost them over here. (imageshack is blocked)

• 3 weeks later...

Question: I just got my Fluttershy today, and her hair is absolutely perfect (minus the braided part, which I plan on fixing) except it's pretty frizzy. I saw an earlier post with a way to de-frizz the hair, but is there a way to do it without losing the nice curls she has already? I'm not sure if I trust myself to be able to redo them...

Edit: I messed around with her last night and found that running a comb with conditioner on it through her hair (and then setting it back in place, obviously) helped with her out-of-box frizzies and made her hair look generally less crinkly and softer :) It also made her smell like pomegranate.

I also fixed up that funky braided part. I undid the braid, dipped that section in a bowl of super-hot water a few times and combed it out straight between dippings, then I wrapped it around her body behind her wings and taped it in place. Figured I'd mention it, since I didn't see wrapping it around her body suggested and it looks spot-on