Unused character names and concepts

Have you ever had a great idea for a pony character, but don't feel you'd have the time or skill to do it justice? Or did you simply like brainstorming the idea, but would never want to use the character yourself? Share the idea here and see if anyone else wants to use it. Anything is fine. It can be a name, a specific trait, or even a (hopefully summarized) bio.

As a courtesy, if you want to use any of the ideas from this thread, let the poster know (either by post or by PM) so they can mark it off the list.

Names:

-Sun Tzhooves, author of The Art of Warhorse (parody of Sun Tzu / The Art of War)

-

Character Concepts:

-An archer pony whose cutie mark is a target with an arrow at the center. S/He has found out that this is not a nice cutie mark to have when one is at the archery range. Several arrows to the flank later, this pony has become very, very paranoid and is quite good at sneaking around.

-

I've had a couple partially formed ideas that I eventually decided to drop.

Lariat Star was going to be a spirited, western cowgirl themed earth pony with an easy going attitude who lived in Dodge Junction. I had most of the app written, but when it came down to the personality, I just couldn't come up with anything that was satisfactorily different enough from Applejack for me. Eventually I scrapped the app entirely on those grounds.

I also had a somewhat older, unnamed male earth pony planned. He was going to be a Destrier knight with an incredibly eccentric, kinda insane personality. His app was mostly written, but it had some stuff I wasn't sure about in it (stuff relating to Tartarus) and I let it sit and eventually decided to go ahead with other character ideas instead. And since my Gray Lexis character kind of already captures the eccentric old stallion idea, the idea is pretty much scrapped.

Finally, there's an idea and name for a changeling oc in the back of my mind which is unused as of yet. I won't go into details, because I like to retain hope that changelings may be allowed at some point, but i guess if changelings are firmly ruled out it too will be scrapped.

Here's one that I liked brainstorming. However, I don't think I would do well RPing a blind character, and this backstory seems a little too grimdark for me.

A recently blinded (former) silversmith pony. This pony's condition is unusual in that her eyes are actually fine, but her eyelids are the problem. An accident splashed molten silver on her face, but a quick-thinking unicorn friend managed to cool and remove most of it before her eyes could be damaged. Problem is, the scar tissue from the accident has left her eyelids permanently sealed. She now searches for a doctor skilled enough to remove the scars without damaging her eyes. She has a few stray pieces of silver remaining near her eyes which tend to resemble tears, but she is actually confident and fairly cheerful despite her condition. Note that since her eyes are still functional behind her eyelids, she is still able to detect bright lights. Also, the scar tissue is primarily around her eyes- The rest of her face should still look about normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this idea but just not the time to work on it:

This pony would be an orphan who was raised by the Order of The Destriders. Unlike the majority of the order, he'll be free spirited, rebellious and has a "whateva works" attitude.

He still believes in the Destrider code and helping the needy and weak, and does it regularly. But he doesn't hold himself to the behavioral standards that the Destriders hold themselves to. So he can be found in the rough and seedy parts of town, drinking in taverns and associating with riff raff. He sees the Destriders as an organization that can never reach its full potential of helping others because of their "silly rules"

• 2 months later...

I keep kicking around ideas for an earth pony, dedicated to making peach-based items. S/He's generally free-spirited, but when it comes to peach dishes, become all sorts of serious. 'Peaches' is the only name that wants to EVER come when I plan this character but they're background keeps eluding me. I've shelved this pony for a while, unless anypony wants to take them and run with him/her.

Also, I have a pair of crossover ponies that I'd love to use, but they're definitely a difficult pair to play with considering what I made them as...I scrapped my idea for the Tepes Twins to join Equestria for three reasons: 1) Vampires. I cannot in good conscience bring the vampire twins over with kids on the site. 2) Preferences. When I play them...I let them flow without regard and I do not, again, want to subject them to younger players. 3) The Older Brother. He's hard enough to play as a humanoid....seeing as he's a cross-dresser and as straight as a kindergartener's circle. Ponifying him is the hardest thing I could do, and I don't want to have the headache from other sites with personality conflicts about him and how other players treat characters like him (and by default, players like me.)

I have an entire village's worth (Garden Gait to be specific) of characters.

In particular Chicory, who runs a coffee house that is a lovely little dugout in a hillside. The hill itself and the surrounding farmland is covered in tea bushes and other lovely things that she makes beverages out of. I would actually love if someone else played/applied for her.

Also, when I did pony customization (since 2006) I have a notebook of pony concepts, but they're most visual.