Living in Equestria would actually be tough

kunio18

Evidence of how much this has weighed on my mind, I can honestly say that I've considered every single one of the points, im not entirely sure how I'd react if I was given the opportunity to go I'm still deliberating with myself if it would be a good idea in the first place.

Either way, these are things that I don't think many people pause to consider when expressing a desire to hop the dimensional gap over to our favorite ponies' world.

If you've ever read Lev Grossman's "The Magicians" and "The Magician King", they have an vast area, where it's all these doorways to other dimensions, from the very Narnia like world, where much of the books take place to, along with a few others. One character does do a little searching, mostly to hit on elf chicks in 'Middle-Earth', but only finds one 'famous' world and discovers the Teletubbies dimension. :-| No Equestria..Yet..

Oh the last thing that I totally forgot in my previous post. The biggest thing that everyone forgets. We have addictions in this world that would not exist in Equastria, the biggest culprit of this is caffine. I don't know about the rest of you, but I basically live off the stuff. Now I'm in full belief they have things like alcohol is in Equastria, especially after "The Last Roundup" episode, the work the main 6 where doing with the cherries seems a lot like the process to make wine, though it's also the process to make juice out of them. Not to mention the episode where Pinkie Pie made the "punch has been spiked" joke. Back on subject, there are many many many addictions that we have that will suddenly not be there for you. Both mental addictions and physical addictions, so I'd say that first month is going to be harder than anyone thought, first you have to get a home, a job, and figure out what you can and can't eat, this part shouldn't be too hard but you'll have to make sure the ponies understand you can't eat grass or flowers, but then to top this off your going to be going through some extreme withdraws. Your body will most likely go into shock within the first week or two, but all and all you may hopefully be ok, the ponies will most likely help you with the problem. Assuming there as kind hearted as their made out too be.

Nah, I'm almost 100% sure there's coffee (Rarity was enjoying a cup of some sort of coffee drink near the start of 'Sweet And Elite'). And booze, while they're not going to say it out-loud in a kid's show, there's bound to be wine..and beer. Twilight and the gang are adults..They can drink...And first episode. Twilight looks to be pouring herself a beer..Or ale. The bottle.The color.. Her look. Only BOOZE is going to make this night go by quicker. Ofcourse, we see that it's just some really hot hotsauce.

mhfyas.jpg

how about the possible fact that people have other addictions like smoking.. or that they need certain pills and medications to function properly and get through the day considering that they have health problems, i dont think Equestria would supply those kinda supplements nor have the technology to figure how to create it.

Yes that's what I was getting at with the other addictions, however tobacco has been around since well forever. Similar to how alcohol has, only difference is we used alcohol (originally) because we didn't have any other choice, water was too polluted at the time for humans to drink. Smoking well that's different that, to my knowledge, was started do to religious beliefs around the world. So yea it wouldn't be unbelievable that Equastria has tobacco, or something similar. As for the medications, that would depend on the person. If I was sent there I wouldn't have a problem, I don't need medication, and I have a strong family history of not needing medication so long as I stay healthy, which being in that kind of environment I'd be more amazed if you were healthy.That being said, yes they don't have human doctors, and where as you could probably trust the pony doctors for broken bones and things along those lines, if you come down with flu or something like that you better start praying to Celestia, unless they have magic that just insta-cures you. I think the biggest problem in all this though isn't the if you need medication, it's how will your body react to the new environment. You'll have to deal with a loud of new bacteria and planets and animals and diseases that humans have never been exposed too, to are knowledge maybe they'll bring humans into the next season who knows. Anyway all that mixing together your body will not know how to deal with those. Thus you'd have to take the extra precautions, like boiling water, making sure food is cooked all the way threw, no rare or medium it's too risky, that any wound you get is cleaned and dressed with clean bandages of some sort.

Sorry about all my posts here being so long, I get a little carried away with topics like this. :-|

The medical care in Equestria is more Harry Potter than 'real world'. Bones can be fixed in days. Break a tooth? Drink a potion and it's good as new, so they probably don't have to worry about pain medication like we do...

Living in Equestria as a human being:

I think it'd take some getting used to, but most people would be able to adapt. Heck, you wouldn't have to struggle for food or shelter, which would remove two *huge* stressors that lead to mental breakdown in situations of massive change. Give most people enough to eat and a place to sleep and they will surprise you with how flexible they can be.

The food issue wouldn't be much of a problem. First of all, I think the Equestrians would be so understanding that our dietary habits would be acceptable to them. Especially ponies who deal with other animals! They'd be able to understand that different critters eat different things, and it'd probably be okay. And heck, if you decided to go pure plants-only, well, people can live and even thrive that way! I did it myself for years, during part of which I was running 10-15 kilometers almost every day and doing other physical conditioning besides.

Addictions would be tough, but I think most of us would be able to get over them after a bit of misery. And the magical nature of health care and related fields would probably take care of the rest.

Monsters seem like a rarity. Okay, not, you know, a Rarity Rarity, but a rare thing, and I'll bet that's what part of the royal guard and other similar groups deal with. But even if not, heck, our ancestors dealt with monsters back in the ice age before every living thing learned to fear the Wrath of Man. People can deal with it. Heck, you might find yourself more well-equipped, mentally and physically, to wrangle monsters, than the average pony.

Personally, the toughest thing for me would probably be finding gainful employment. I got no real marketable skills and don't train up well. People say I could be an announcer, so maybe I could do that. Or...well, I guess I got some teaching experience, so I could probably bone up on Equestrian science, history, and what have you and get a job teachin' foals.

It's a fun thing to think about, and I'll certainly be spending no small amount of time contemplating this.

Of course, if you became a pony on going there, or were born in that world, you'd be even more well-adapted to the world.

Would I go if given the chance? Heck yes! Not even to meet the characters or live the life depicted in the show, but for ADVENTURE! I mean, c'mon, chance to go to another world? How could I resist?

I seriously doubt Equestria would be a shock or suck whether I ended up a pony or a human there.

The system is stacked so that mean ponies always get whats coming to them eventually. the Weather is set up to be comfortable most of the time. And anyplace Big Mac could walk into, I could if I was stuck a human.

There's some very special talents reguarding food many bronys could "bring to the table" if they were adventurous and stuck as humans. Think the Griffons would pay through the beak for a competent butcher and BBQer? I would think so. :smirk: Not to mention all the things fingers can accomplish in other ways. :)

Yeah, opposable digits would be pretty awesome. They'd have seen 'em before, on minotaurs (not monsters) griffons, and the like, but I think they'd still be interested in our setup.

We've seen that ponies are pretty flighty--or about as much so as your average H. sapiens, so one thing to consider would be the fact that you might frighten a lot of folks.

Still I--and I doubt I'm alone here--am used to getting along just fine with most of my fellows shunning me and a few worthwhile people as good friends. I reckon the situation might be similar in Equestria: a lot of ponies frightened or uncertain of this big brown/pink/reddish/whatever color thing gangling along all covered in cloth, but with accepting folks easy enough to find and probably more worth spending time with than the average hoofer.

hi hi

I think whether or not ponies are ok with you or run in fear depends on how you present yourself. If you mail brochures out in advance of your arrival and put on a big stage production, you'll probably get a warm welcome. If you just wander into town from the Everfree forest one day, you'll probably be met with... well, probably won't be met at all. :P

yeah you could meet your favorite ponies but they would have jobs and have their own routines so you would have to build upon relationships, the ponies in PonyVille would be very nice but PonyVille is a crazy place there is almost never a quiet day where something totally bizarre or freaky doesn't happen.

meat would be taboo and alcohol is most probably frowned upon.