Living in Equestria would actually be tough

kunio18

Yea, except we'd, assuming we didn't magically take some alternate form (I'd hope for pony form of course), be the strangest and most bazaar creature in Equastria. I mean even on earth there are arguments that humans, as a species, doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like we just shouldn't be and yet we are. So take us to a land where humans just aren't there, unless they are and we just never see them or any hint of them which is hard to believe, and we suddenly become the most non-since making creature, just below Discord. Oh hey there we go, Discord created humans. :blush:

From the pony's perspective, is a manticore or a man stranger?

From the pony's perspective, is a gorilla or a girl stranger?

As long as the pony has have never seen it, it doesn't make sense, and they would be equally curious/terrified.

Size is probably a big thing here. If you were huge, you could look like almost anything and be quite scary.

Yep. That's why I think you could present yourself in the proper way (as someone wise above me said, sending out flyers in advance could work!) you could ameliorate the problem. And just as in life you could probably find plenty of pleasant ponies who would accept you.

Now, what about adapting to life as a pony, assuming you got transformed into one on entering? Let's assume it was a surprise crazy magic vortex thing. How tough would that be, huh? I think you'd probably adapt, but I at least would spend a couple days crying just from the shock and stress, and I think I would miss some things--like maybe my old, full height--for the rest of my life.

I personally think I'd miss my hands the most, I mean really think about just how much you do using your fingers.

That's why I'd prefer popping in as a unicorn, even if I would love to fly as a pegasus. ;-)

I think I could get the hang of a horn faster than using my mouth and that strange manipulatory effect the ponies seem to have on the flats of their hooves. (I do suspect the IRL mini horses I help care for could pick up a dime with their lips if they wanted to)

I would just LOVE to see what I could do with paint or graphite, directly floating it to the illustration board or canvas without messing with brushes. :D

It's because it's awesome!

Who doesn't think about this stuff? MUTANTS AND COMMIES, that's who.

For my part, I reckon' I'd be an Earth pony. I don't think I'd miss my hands, per se, but I would be about the worst when it came to crazy manipulatin' stuff with my tail and mouth and all that other jazz like ponies can do.

• Like 1