I believe Ponies exist

Starfox64x

I came across a video recently that has convinced me that Ponies exist (Also exact duplicates of people, but that's not as fun) So let me explain what my reasoning is behind the existance of Ponies....

Imagine a square in your room right now, making it about 5x5x5ft , What's inside that imaginary square? You bed? your desk? You? Well, science shows that there are only a certain number of different ways that the atoms in that space can be arranged. they could be carbon, iron, oxygen, etc, but there sre so many ways they can be arranged and so many elements they can make up in a certain amount of patterns in a square that size

i dont know that number, but for the sake of this, lets say it's 10^(10x72) (ten to the power of ten times seventy two) number of different ways that atoms can be arrange in that space. now that may seem like a lot, and it is... but the universe can actually contain MORE variations of a five foot cube than that. (again, dont know the actual number but...) Let's say that number is 10^(10x160).

So basically the universe contains 10^(10x160) squares that are 5 ft cubes, but WITHIN those cubes, you can only have 10^(10x72) variations of the atoms... this mean that within are universe, statistically speaking, there CAN be ponies, and there CAN be an exact duplicate of YOU... somewhere out there in the universe...

Too complicated for you? The universe is really effing big... so there's probably something pony-like in the universe.

Sorry to break it to ya man, but even if there are:

A. We will never find them unless:

-They Come to Us

-We develop sci-fi grade technology that allows us to leave the solar system and go billions of miles away.

B. They aren't the same ones from the show.

-Fiction and reality are seperated by a fine line. Unless we can somehow literally break the fourth wall (the real one) and intertwine imagination and reality, you'll never see a canon pony.

-Those creators would have had to have been pretty damn lucky to pinpoint an exact for everything.

But that's just me being negative. :/

I don't want to write a large paper on this, and I don't want to insult you by accident. Sorry.

I too am of the firm opinion that ponies exist in one form or another but it was under the pretenses of a completely different theory. Basically that under the presence of a multiverse all eventualities have come to pass in some universe or another because there are infinite dimensions/universes. Granted this theory makes it basically nigh on impossible for us to ever reach them without basically destroying our own reality even with unfathomable advances in science and technology though of course it is very possible that I am wrong bu the ability to identify an alternate universe by its outcomes and transcend to said universe would require technology that hasnt even been mechanically theorized yet. So for now I think my self induced lucid pony dreams will suffice :)

Sorry to break it to ya man, but even if there are:

A. We will never find them unless:

-They Come to Us

-We develop sci-fi grade technology that allows us to leave the solar system and go billions of miles away.

B. They aren't the same ones from the show.

-Fiction and reality are seperated by a fine line. Unless we can somehow literally break the fourth wall (the real one) and intertwine imagination and reality, you'll never see a canon pony.

-Those creators would have had to have been pretty damn lucky to pinpoint an exact for everything.

But that's just me being negative. :/

I don't want to write a large paper on this, and I don't want to insult you by accident. Sorry.

I too am of the firm opinion that ponies exist in one form or another but it was under the pretenses of a completely different theory. Basically that under the presence of a multiverse all eventualities have come to pass in some universe or another because there are infinite dimensions/universes. Granted this theory makes it basically nigh on impossible for us to ever reach them without basically destroying our own reality even with unfathomable advances in science and technology though of course it is very possible that I am wrong bu the ability to identify an alternate universe by its outcomes and transcend to said universe would require technology that hasnt even been mechanically theorized yet. So for now I think my self induced lucid pony dreams will suffice :)

Yeah, yeah, i know the likelihood is near non-existant =P Even if there was such a creature that LOOKED exactly like twilight in the universe, there are so many other factors that would affect the creature that would make it another impossibly low possibility for it to be anything like Twilight herself... not to mention i'm sure that even if it is possible for the atoms to align themselves perfectly to resemble Twilight, the likelihood of other, less complex combinations would be more likely to repeat, rather than her be one of them.

So yeah, impossibly unlikely to have one resembling her, and even if there were and infinate number of twi's, it would be impossibly unlikely for it to be like her.... But still! Statistically it IS possible for her to exist!

actuially what Im trying to tell you is that it is a statistic impossibility for her to NOT exist exactly as she is in the show in some other alternate universe according to the multiverse theory. Thats why I like that one better :kissy: so yeah ponies are real just probly not is in our universe.

hi hi

As much as I would like this to be true, I'm afraid that the visible universe is actually quite unforgiving to random chance.

• A 70kg human has on the order of magnitude of 1027 atoms in their body.

• A generous estimation of the number of atoms in the visible universe is 1079.

• There has been on the order of magnitude of 1018 seconds in the universe thus far.

• We know of 110 elements.

Sadly, this means that there are 1101000000000000000000000000000 different permutations of atoms just from yourself. If you were to assume that all the atoms in the visible universe were randomly re-arranging themselves into a different permutation every second, you would still only have 1097 iterations. So even if each atom split into a random set of 1027 atoms each second in an alternate reality, you would still only have less than a 1 in 1099999999999999999999999903 chance of getting yourself or any specific permutation of your atoms through randomization. (This is a generous figure that assumes atoms are only organized in a linear fashion rather than 3 dimensionally)

Thats why I suspect that magic might be involved. :)

• Like 3

Nice to see a topic from you, Foxy! I've been wondering where you've been. It's rather meta, so I'm afraid I have nothing to add except:

Ginger the Destroyer strikes again! :-o

Edit: Nevermind, I found a pony in the universe! How many points do I receive?

52238main_MM_image_feature_89_jw4.jpg

The Multiverse theory is sound. And it gives me hope. Because, not only is there at least one in the infinite span of universes with Ponies, there is one where-in Ponies have Multiverse theory, one where Ponies have the ability to travel between universes, one where we have the ability, and finally, one where two universes much like Ponies and much like ours, have met and coexisted in peace and harmony.

It's out there. It's just not our world. But give it time. One day, the Celestian empire will find us. Or the Lunar republic. But I'm not here to make political statements.

well i'll put this into an easy description:

say there IS a pony universe or planet, and its REALLY REALLY BAL- i mean far away, the probability of a spacecraft lasting that long would be a miracle, considering that theres all the comet storms and black holes and whatnot. Even if we did have the technology, the world will just LOL at us and tell us to find a better reason to go there.

Although i do manage to picture them as paranormal entities causing shifts in the area around us, i live near a forest and i sometimes hear whimpering as if someone was hiding from me, and when i DO look around theres nothing, not even a bird. I have also experienced having something run away from me frantically and hide under the porch, and having not even a raccoon waiting for me under it. I say this is a bit like fluttershy behavior, and when i DO manage to lure something out with food, theres always a wierd blur that resembles heat waves around the said place...

or maybe again for the third time, im just skeptic

either way, there can be many ways for ponies to ACTUALLY exist, but only 1 out of the many ways can they exist in our world.

HOWEVER... if a my little dashie thing is going on...

celestia better learn to live without an element present in equestria

post-3725-0-89530300-1337820418_thumb.jp

The Multiverse theory is sound. And it gives me hope. Because, not only is there at least one in the infinite span of universes with Ponies, there is one where-in Ponies have Multiverse theory, one where Ponies have the ability to travel between universes, one where we have the ability, and finally, one where two universes much like Ponies and much like ours, have met and coexisted in peace and harmony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCzeigC6NQU

I always liked the idea of other worlds and parallel universes being the Sci Fi nut I am :smirk:

Parallel universes actually aren't that sci to anymore with the introduction of quantum mechanics. What crescent was talking about is actually a well known and semi accepted theory of the universe, and it does in fact ponies do exist. Just not here, unfortunately.

hi hi

In purely scientific terms, quantum mechanics is a theory. The many-worlds interpretation of quantum decoherence is an untested hypothesis at best, no more or less valid than the original Copenhagen interpretation of waveform collapse, the Statistical interpretation of ensembles of systems, the de Broglie-Bohm interpretation of hidden variables, the Transactional or Time-symmetric interpretations of forward and backwards in time traveling waves, or any of the many other interpretations.

If someone did manage to formulate an interpretation that didn't have any issues, you can be sure people would know about it. Its questionable whether or not we'll reach any viable conclusion until a theory of quantum gravity is formulated, and though I guess its technically not necessary, its important enough that scientists have spent over 9 billion dollars constructing the Large Hadron Collider in hopes of figuring that one out.

The many-worlds interpretations do solve some of the problems with the classical Copenhagen interpretation, but create a number of other problems outside of the general fantastic nature of the interpretation.

• Conservation of Energy is violated since well neigh infinite amounts of matter are generated constantly. The standard response is that energy is conserved within each universe, however that not only precludes traveling from one to the next, but it runs into other problems with locality and relativity.

• Universes cannot split instantaneously and totally because there is no preferred reference frame. The new universes must propagate at the speed of light. However, this leads to an imbalance of probabilities, because there will not be an equal number of alternate universes approaching any given universe to interact with. (at which point it really breaks down if each universe is only one waveform large anyway.)

• All possible universes exist, but only possible universes can exist. We may not be able to predict when any given atom might decay, but with a group of atoms, we can predict the rate of decay every single time. We may not be able to predict where a single photon will touch a screen during Young's experiment, but we can predict the distribution of photons over time, every single time. It strains credibility to assume that out of a well neigh infinite number of universes, we happen to live in one where the potential events happen in such regular and predictable ways. If it is possible for a any given atom to decay at any time, you would expect the distribution of decay to be more random, with some universes experiencing all decay simultaneously.

Hopefully science will get it all figured out one of these days.

Wow. Just got an idea for a fanic based on this.

what if ponies and humans lived in parallel realities, but neither of them can communicate or know about the other existing... until through some cosmic phenomenonea the worlds meet.

Well, in infinite infinite universes, anything is 100% possible... so, there is not only a world with a kingom inhabited with ponies, there are infinite Equestrias, with infinite alike enought to live a whole life there without noticing any diference, and others very different, imagine Dash befriending Gilda, but instead as a griffon, Gilda is like Cerberus, but her heads look like Celestia's plot...

And yes, in some universe we're hugging Fluttershy right now... :-(

Edited by Dessa
Remember, Parker. All ages.
  • Like 1

If we believe in the multiple realities of each reality, then what if there's a reality where we are our characters?

Like in Pony Universe X, I am Lore Weaver or Sky Flare. That would be interesting....

I can picture Crescent standing out in the middle of a field talking to a pony and wondering why it's not saying anything.

• Like 1