Royal Pain (Adventure RP With Prince Bluebood) OOC Discussion

I'm sure Fire Walker would enjoy have enjoyed Muggo's extra company. She was pretty impressed of what she heard about their teamwork against the Manticore. He could have gone with the two during their first quest. He probably has a family member or assistant on hoof to run his tavern when he's not around. And many thanks for setting up the RP SSF!

And being a bit of a adventure-geek, I'd say Fire Walker's father got her into the 'Royal Exploration Society'. During the first part of her life, she spent a lot of time in hospitals and in bed, so she spent a lot of time reading. Her father was able to wean her off the 'cute and girly' books by getting her into the 'Daring Do' series. I can picture him giving her the first book, with an 'RES' card attached to the cover. While she obviously wasn't going on adventures, the newsletters, maps, and even a yearly visit to the hall probably filled the young filly with dreams of being a great adventurer and maybe even helped her overcome her physical limitations and problems quicker than they normally would have been conquered.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm just trying to think of an awesome first post. Would the three be able to just BARGE into Bluebood's study? Would he have assistants or servants to lead them into his room? Would they even be permitted into his study? Maybe they hoof over the book to a servant. Servant brings said book into room, Blueblood reads it, gets an "EGADS!' moment and calls them in?

In short, no. getting into the royal Ppalace, unless you're Twilight with her 'access all areas' permission is hard, and to get to the private quarters of any of the family is harder.

What I expected was a letter describing who they are, what they were doing and what they found, and inviting him to meet them, maybe at the Explorers Society headquarters in one of the publkic sitting rooms or somewhere. Or a hotel, or a restaurant (they might as well get a nice meal out of it).

The letter was a bit short, but I guess it got the point across. Had a limited amount of time to write it up and I spent most of that time trying to figure out how to address a duke in a letter (It's different than addressing a duke in person.) And writing is hard for non-unicorns! Gotta write with your mouth! Ouch! :-o

And you left your last post with Blueblood about to send a reply. Should we toss up anything yet? Or just wait for your next post?

I ran out of time myself, having been writing over lunch. I'll add a letter.

I suggest moving right along to the Uyanazi room, which I suspect will be one of the public rooms off the main area, decorated with zebra style native furnishings (Fetish masks on the walls, bamboo or rattan furniture, woven mat covers on the sitting cushions).

And don't forget Bluebood! He's there! (Well, almost..)

SS88: There's going to be a point where the four need to get more ponies to travel with them, that's when you and others can post. just keep an eyeball on this page. :geek:

Waiting for Dunder to post. You know, maybe I was too hasty. I do try to come on to post once a day, and know how one person not posting in a timely manner can stall a whole RP. Shall we modify the process? While retaining post order as is, if no-one posts for two consecutive days, they lose their turn. That way we can keep thisd bad boy moving.

Going through old messages about the Explorer's Hall. Trying to see if they have rooms if their members to stay. Fire Walker has family in Canterlot, but there's no way she would want to stay there, especially considering her relationship with her father isn't very er...existing right now. Most of her friends are guards, so they'd be using the barracks, which she's not in the mood for. She does have good friend in the 'commons', but her flat is small, and Fire doesn't care for her brother, as he's a bit of a creeper. And taverns/inns in Canterlot!? Probably cost a small fortune.

So they have two places..The Hall, if it's possible, and Fire's friend's house..

Edit! Oops! Nevermind..Found it.

"I leave it up to you guys to decide what you want to say to intrigue him in. I made the assumption that as adventurers, at least one of you would have a membership in the Royal Exploration Society. The dues aren't exactly huge, and it gives you access to a library with the most up to date maps and information, a newsletter, and access to contacts, not to mention a reasonable place to stay. It may well have branches in other major cities as well as Canterlot."

So they're staying in the Hall!

And for the next act..Will this be a new chapter?